Sponsored by:

Anyone have one of these?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2018, 11:26 AM
Received 351 Likes on 236 Posts
Default Anyone have one of these?

Anyone have one of these Quickjacks?

https://www.quickjack.com/car-lift-s...-car-lift.html

If so how do you like it? Anyone have an alternative?

Old 11-24-2018, 02:27 PM
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
The following users liked this post:
RGPV6S (11-24-2018)
Old 11-25-2018, 10:53 PM
Received 243 Likes on 153 Posts

My detailer used these for a short while to aide his work on lower body panels, until one of the lifts froze in the up position. Placing a customers car in a precarious position because one side retracted while the other did not.

he called the mfg. to troubleshoot the issue and non of the their recommendations solved the problem.

RGPV6S (11-26-2018)
Old 11-26-2018, 08:56 AM
Received 351 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by IronMike
My detailer used these for a short while to aide his work on lower body panels, until one of the lifts froze in the up position. Placing a customers car in a precarious position because one side retracted while the other did not.

he called the mfg. to troubleshoot the issue and non of the their recommendations solved the problem.
Wow that would suck. I don't have access to a lift and am looking into various ways of getting the car high enough to install a crank pulley. For those that did it anyone use jack stands?

Last edited by RGPV6S; 11-26-2018 at 08:58 AM.
Old 11-26-2018, 10:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 587 Likes on 360 Posts

I've used mine a lot more since my comment in that earlier thread. Touch wood no problems with them yet, and I used them a lot over this last summer while working on my XJs. As noted in that thread you do need to buy a couple of caps for the quick release connectors when disconnected as any dirt will compromise them. After the first few uses and a quick bleed and fluid toped up in the pump they have been silky smooth with no juddering at all.

I've only had the F-Type up on them once or maybe twice - because of the position of the wheels (on the jack) I used it side-to-side not front to back as there was not much room to slide them in sideways given the low clearance on the F-Type. If you have a nice garage/floor surface then be careful not to slide the non-wheel end across the floor while adjusting the position as it will scratch. I found that out the hard way! I suggest putting bits of masking tape on the sills where the lifting points are to help you align because you don't get much clearance with an F-Type.

It should be pointed out that they are quite heavy, and because of the length they can be a bit unwieldy if moving on your own.

They are so quick to set up - it takes me just 5 minutes to set them up and lift a car, including the minor adjustments to get the lifting points aligned.

The only annoyance I've found is that you need to release the pressure slightly to insert the hydraulic quick connectors but you can't lock the valve open so need to use your knee to hold the release button in on the remote to keep both hands free for connecting.

RGPV6S (11-26-2018)
Old 11-26-2018, 12:22 PM
Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by RGPV6S
Wow that would suck. I don't have access to a lift and am looking into various ways of getting the car high enough to install a crank pulley. For those that did it anyone use jack stands?
I had the front tires on ramps and the back on jack stands.

RGPV6S (11-26-2018)
Old 11-27-2018, 07:38 PM
Received 236 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by RGPV6S
Race Ramps are kind of expensive for what they are but the ones I got work even on my lowered R, no scraping when I drive up on them. I pull the front up on them, then jack the rear up and put the race ramp blocks under the rears, pretty good access under the car. Big drawback is they don't help for suspension work as the lift would.