Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blackberry Bold 9790 won't download phone book to F-type

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 04:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blackberry Bold 9790 won't download phone book to F-type

Hi

I recently became proud owner of the new F-type. All great except I cannot get the phonebook from Blackberry Bold 9790 to download to car.

Follow all instructions on pairing (per Vehicles - Jaguar website) and can make calls but the phone book will not down load. Auto download on. Disconnect. Reconnect etc as per instructions but still will not download. So have to manually dial all numbers.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? Website says that it is compatible so I must be missing something.

Many thanks

Old 09-24-2013, 10:03 AM
Received 4,176 Likes on 3,639 Posts

Monty - i moved your post to the F-Type forum, hopefully you will get a better response to your question.

Cheers,
Steve

Old 09-24-2013, 12:00 PM
Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

I've no advice, my Bold 9900 and my Q10 work well with my XFR...but I'm sure the system is different.

Old 09-30-2013, 02:54 AM
Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Phone compatibility info

The Sticky at https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...mation-101906/ has a section on phone compatibility.

Follow the link. Select your phone, Blackberry Bold 9790 and across the top it has a summary of what works, but that's not definitive. If you then click on the red button that says "COMPATIBILITY INFO+" there's now a menu to more detailed info on the left side. The menu lists a number of topics, one of which is phonebook and call lists.

Unfortunately in he detail it shows that SIM contacts are NOT downloaded to the vehicle system and at the bottom it says "Comments
Only contacts stored in the handset are displayed in the vehicle system (no SIM contacts)."

So I guess you'd have to move your contacts from your sim to the phone, or at least those that you want to access form the car.

Old 09-30-2013, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by Paulfcdx
The Sticky at https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...mation-101906/ has a section on phone compatibility.

Follow the link. Select your phone, Blackberry Bold 9790 and across the top it has a summary of what works, but that's not definitive. If you then click on the red button that says "COMPATIBILITY INFO+" there's now a menu to more detailed info on the left side. The menu lists a number of topics, one of which is phonebook and call lists.

Unfortunately in he detail it shows that SIM contacts are NOT downloaded to the vehicle system and at the bottom it says "Comments
Only contacts stored in the handset are displayed in the vehicle system (no SIM contacts)."

So I guess you'd have to move your contacts from your sim to the phone, or at least those that you want to access form the car.

Thanks Paulfcdx ... but had already found that link and all numbers automatically saved to phone, not SIM card... so still got the same problem. It says it's trying to load them into car, but fails. Any other ideas?!

thanks

Old 09-30-2013, 08:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 594 Likes on 422 Posts

Jaguar has had problems with contact list downloads with a number of older phones in newer cars. This has been discussed many times on this forum and we even wrote letters to Jaguar suggesting to address this issue with software updates. All this to no avail.

Having said that, one minor suggestion; In my 2012 XJL my Galaxy S3 phone book shows up instantaneously on pairing (engine startup). In my 2012 XF the same phone's contact list seem to take its time to download every time I start the car. Thus, it is not available for several minutes after start. Did you try waiting, say 15 minutes, and see if the contact list does eventually show?

Albert

Old 10-01-2013, 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by axr6
Jaguar has had problems with contact list downloads with a number of older phones in newer cars. This has been discussed many times on this forum and we even wrote letters to Jaguar suggesting to address this issue with software updates. All this to no avail.

Having said that, one minor suggestion; In my 2012 XJL my Galaxy S3 phone book shows up instantaneously on pairing (engine startup). In my 2012 XF the same phone's contact list seem to take its time to download every time I start the car. Thus, it is not available for several minutes after start. Did you try waiting, say 15 minutes, and see if the contact list does eventually show?

Albert
Hi Albert .. thanks for your reply and a good suggestion

However I've tried waiting - the entire journey home from work (an hour!). It even has trouble redialling a number that has called me - it just doesn't seem to want to store numbers full stop. Dealership just keep saying it's compatible.. I beg to differ. Very frustrated