F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blind spot monitoring

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2018, 09:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blind spot monitoring

Hi everyone...I am new to the forum as well as a new Jag F type owner. Few questions. My car came with a blind spot monitoring system. I see the passenger mirror light up accordingly when a car is in the blind spot. My driver's side mirror on the left side has an amber light or dot that is constantly on. However no indication of a car when the car is in a blind spot. I looked in the manual, searched the web to resolve this issue, however no luck. There is nothing blocking the sensor, nor do I see an error message on my dash. I even selected and deselected this feature in menu. Anyone run into this issue where blind spot is only working on one side..and no error messaging. My second problem is that this car came with only one key...it appears that only a dealer can program a new fob for $400 dollars.. anyone know of other services for programming s key fob..

Old 11-27-2018, 10:26 PM
Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

I can't answer the question about the "Blind Spot Monitoring" because mine has always worked perfectly. However, I did have the adventure of only receiving one key on my old S. The car was not bought from a Jaguar Dealer, and I only received one fob. The JLR dealer offered to sell and program a new one for $500, so I went to two of those internet sites that promise a "guaranteed to work" replacement for $100 to $150. Long story short, neither would program, but I did get my money back. So I went back to the JLR dealer and bought one for $400 - $500 less a 20% discount.

Fortunately, my R, purchased from the Dealer in September was a Certified used car, so it came with both fobs.

Old 11-28-2018, 07:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,649 Likes on 3,362 Posts

Originally Posted by Steveg214
Hi everyone...I am new to the forum as well as a new Jag F type owner. Few questions. My car came with a blind spot monitoring system. I see the passenger mirror light up accordingly when a car is in the blind spot. My driver's side mirror on the left side has an amber light or dot that is constantly on. However no indication of a car when the car is in a blind spot. I looked in the manual, searched the web to resolve this issue, however no luck. There is nothing blocking the sensor, nor do I see an error message on my dash. I even selected and deselected this feature in menu. Anyone run into this issue where blind spot is only working on one side..and no error messaging. My second problem is that this car came with only one key...it appears that only a dealer can program a new fob for $400 dollars.. anyone know of other services for programming s key fob..
The single dot should occur on both mirrors, but only when the car is at a standstill. There is probably an issue with the sensor on the driver’s side.

Old 11-28-2018, 08:32 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,082 Likes on 1,384 Posts

Or possibly the light in the mirror.

Old 12-05-2018, 04:06 AM
Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts

The blind spot dots come on at start up and should go out when you travel above 10mph. If the dot remains lit above this speed. It means there is a fault with the system on that side. I'm afraid you will need the dealer to look at the error codes to understand whether it's a module or wiring issue.