F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Button for the automated spoiler doesn’t work….I think?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2022, 09:59 PM
Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Button for the automated spoiler doesn’t work….I think?

Got a 2022 F-type whose button for the rear spoiler in the center console doesn’t stay illuminated when I press it.

I press it, and it only lights briefly, like a split second, then goes off. Nothing happens when the speed-sensitive spoiler in the back.

Am I doing something wrong?

Old 03-03-2022, 10:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 373 Likes on 279 Posts

Unless they have changed in on the recent models, the North American version the spoiler is not controllable. The button is only to be used when the car is parked and being washed (i.e. to manually raise it to clean it).

Old 03-03-2022, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mahjik
Unless they have changed in on the recent models, the North American version the spoiler is not controllable. The button is only to be used when the car is parked and being washed (i.e. to manually raise it to clean it).
Ah! Thank you!

Old 03-04-2022, 06:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 564 Likes on 383 Posts

FWIW, the button works on mine at any speed. Push the button, the spoiler goes up and stays up, and the light stays on.

Old 03-04-2022, 06:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 976 Likes on 564 Posts

Originally Posted by uncheel
FWIW, the button works on mine at any speed. Push the button, the spoiler goes up and stays up, and the light stays on.
Assuming you may have a convertible? For North America, the Coupe only has cleaning mode and automatic mode, so when the switch is activated (and only under certain conditions) it will raise the spoiler for cleaning. When the car begins to move, the spoiler will close and return to auto mode. See below.

DC

The Deployable spoiler system has three operational modes:
Automatic operation mode
Manual operation mode
Cleaning mode (NAS market, coupe vehicles only)

MANUAL OPERATION - ALL VEHICLES, EXCEPT NAS MARKET COUPE
Manual mode operation is available, when the vehicle is stationary (Ignition is ON) or the vehicle speed below the
Auto Deployable Speed. A LED located in the Deployable spoiler switch indicates the auto/manual mode status. On
successful selection of manual operation mode, the spoiler will deploy and the LED in the Deployable spoiler switch is
also illuminated. Manual spoiler retraction is inhibited above the Auto Deployable Speed. The LED switches off when
the status returns to the Automatic operation mode. If the Deployable spoiler is in Manual operation mode and the
speed is above the threshold for auto deployment, then the spoiler will remain deployed, even if the vehicle speed falls
below the auto retraction speed.
Returning to Automatic operation mode, below 21 km/h (13 mph), requires a continuous operation (press and hold) of
the Deployable spoiler switch. Returning to auto mode at this speed will retract the spoiler. One continuous operation
of the switch is required to attain full retraction. The mode reverts to automatic upon completion, indicated by
extinguishing the LED in the Deployable spoiler switch. If the switch is released prior to complete retraction, the
spoiler will freeze in its current position. The next operation of the switch deploys the spoiler to its fully deployed
position. This acts as an anti-trap feature. The process needs to be repeated to retract the spoiler.

CLEANING MODE - NAS MARKET COUPE VEHICLES ONLY
Cleaning mode can be activated by operating the Deployable spoiler switch once, while Ignition is ON and the engine
is not running (or within 15 sec of turning the ignition off) with vehicle in PARK position and the tailgate is closed.
With the activation of cleaning mode, the spoiler deploys fully and the message SPOILER IN CLEANING MODE is
displayed in the IC (Instrument Cluster), and a LED in the Deployable spoiler switch is also illuminated. The cleaning
mode can be cancelled either manually or automatically when the vehicle speed is above 2km/h (1.2 mph). To cancel
cleaning mode manually, press and hold the Deployable spoiler switch until the spoiler retracts fully, the message
disappears from the IC, and the LED in the Deployable spoiler switch extinguishes. The Deployable spoiler switch has
to be operated while Ignition is ON or within 15 sec of turning ignition off with tailgate closed.

The following 2 users liked this post by Therock88:
Ilyushin79 (03-04-2022), NavyBlue (05-04-2022)
Old 03-04-2022, 11:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 531 Likes on 347 Posts

Yep, on the coupe in the US, the only way to deploy it manually is to turn the car on without starting the engine (push start without your foot on the brake) and then you can deploy it. Once up, it will go down as soon as you start to drive.

The following users liked this post:
Ilyushin79 (03-04-2022)
Old 03-04-2022, 04:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 564 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by Therock88
Assuming you may have a convertible? For North America, the Coupe only has cleaning mode and automatic mode, so when the switch is activated (and only under certain conditions) it will raise the spoiler for cleaning. When the car begins to move, the spoiler will close and return to auto mode. See below.

DC
Correct, it's a vert.

Old 03-04-2022, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by eeeeek
Yep, on the coupe in the US, the only way to deploy it manually is to turn the car on without starting the engine (push start without your foot on the brake) and then you can deploy it. Once up, it will go down as soon as you start to drive.
bingo! Thank you!