F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car cover choices? Jag? Cover Kings? or Cheaper?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2021, 11:16 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Car cover choices? Jag? Cover Kings? or Cheaper?

Hi All,
I just purchase a new to me f-type R and it will be garaged but I want a pretty goo quality car cover to help with accidental bumps, cats jumping on the car and dust particals, etc. $400 is a little steep to me for a cover but if its worth it I will. Trying to get opinions on this as this is my first "exotic" car I've owned. Any help would be great.
TIA
James

Old 09-20-2021, 12:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 373 Likes on 279 Posts

This user seems to be content with their indoor car cover from CoverCraft:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...5/#post1896870

If you are only in need of an indoor car cover, you should be able to find a good one for around $200. If you need it to be an outdoor cover, good ones there are going to be double the price (if not more)

The following users liked this post:
Nodnarb (09-21-2021)
Old 09-20-2021, 01:27 PM
Received 143 Likes on 72 Posts

https://sealskincovers.com/collectio...-type-coupe-1l

Just picked this one up for around $90 (currently 50% off) with free shipping and it's my third cover using this company. My previous F-Type was an R and when I sold the car I let the cover go with the new owner instead of keeping it for myself which caused me to have to buy another one. Fit and quality are excellent and it's absolutely perfect for a garage kept vehicle. Comes with a matching storage bag also which may be convenient if you go on a road trip and park inside a garage somewhere?

Last edited by Portlander; 09-20-2021 at 01:33 PM.
Old 09-20-2021, 02:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 313 Likes on 226 Posts

If you are intending to use the cover only in the garage then you might consider the satin one shown on the following site.
I chose this one because it is satin soft and will not scratch. Price is about $170. Comes with nice bag. It is a universal fit.

https://www.carcoversfactory.com/cov...hoCJGAQAvD_BwE

Nodnarb (09-21-2021)
Old 09-20-2021, 02:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,591 Likes on 857 Posts

Paraphrasing the words of the “World’s Most Interesting Man”, I don’t always cover my car—indeed, I rarely do—but when I do I always use CoverKing’s Satin Stretch Indoor Cover.

I will add that I am a bit stunned, which is too strong a word, how pricey it is these days. Back in 2015 when I bought it—and I do recall the company provided me with a bit of a discount—I seem to recall it was in the mid-$200 range. Still not cheap but I do like to go first class, even if it is “overkill”.

Old 09-20-2021, 02:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 313 Likes on 226 Posts

Bought my cover when I ordered the new car.
Used it for about a month waiting to get the car registered.
Not used since.
I drive the car all the time and would never put a cover on a car that is not spotless clean.
Any surface dirt/grit can lead to fine scratches.
So, it will likely only get used for a few weeks in the Winter, though I am planning on driving then as well.
Also, you need to make sure that the cover does not come in contact with hot exhaust end pipes.

Old 09-20-2021, 04:59 PM
Received 126 Likes on 96 Posts

I got a black satin indoor cover from www.carautocovers.com. It is a semi-custom cover. It fits the general size of the car but is not specifically designed for it. There are no mirror pockets. It does come with a storage bag. I have used it for a year and a half thus far. It is perfect for indoor use.

Ignore the special sale pricing. The sale never ends.

Old 09-20-2021, 08:57 PM
Received 81 Likes on 35 Posts

Bought mine from WeatherTech. It is very soft fabric and fits like a glove. Current price is $460.

Old 09-20-2021, 09:47 PM
Received 98 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
Paraphrasing the words of the “World’s Most Interesting Man”, I don’t always cover my car—indeed, I rarely do—but when I do I always use CoverKing’s Satin Stretch Indoor Cover.

I will add that I am a bit stunned, which is too strong a word, how pricey it is these days. Back in 2015 when I bought it—and I do recall the company provided me with a bit of a discount—I seem to recall it was in the mid-$200 range. Still not cheap but I do like to go first class, even if it is “overkill”.
I just ordered that cover from Car Cover USA who has a discounted price as compared to ordering direct from CoverKing, sounds like I made the right choice.

https://www.carcoverusa.com/coverking-car-covers.php

Old 09-21-2021, 07:22 AM
Received 109 Likes on 63 Posts

For the custom fit covers with the mirror pockets, does the fabric stress the mirror, or vice versa, when the mirrors fold after locking?
First post, sorry for the lack of intro. Still lurking and searching for my first F-Type.

ArnettsJag13 (09-23-2021)
Old 09-21-2021, 07:40 AM
Received 87 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by CJSJAG
Bought my cover when I ordered the new car.
Used it for about a month waiting to get the car registered.
Not used since.
I drive the car all the time and would never put a cover on a car that is not spotless clean.
Any surface dirt/grit can lead to fine scratches.
So, it will likely only get used for a few weeks in the Winter, though I am planning on driving then as well.
Also, you need to make sure that the cover does not come in contact with hot exhaust end pipes.

I had my car ceramic coated and the owners of the shope are against using a cover for the same reason that it can scratch the surface.

Old 09-21-2021, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by davidmaria1
For the custom fit covers with the mirror pockets, does the fabric stress the mirror, or vice versa, when the mirrors fold after locking?
First post, sorry for the lack of intro. Still lurking and searching for my first F-Type.
I bought a cover without mirror pockets. I did inquire as to why the company I bought the cover from did not have mirror pockets on their covers. Their response was that is the first place the covers will rip. I have no actual experience with a cover that has mirror pockets though. Maybe someone with a cover that has mirror pockets can comment further from actual experience.

Old 09-21-2021, 09:18 AM
Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by SVR 575
I just ordered that cover from Car Cover USA who has a discounted price as compared to ordering direct from CoverKing, sounds like I made the right choice.

https://www.carcoverusa.com/coverking-car-covers.php
I have had this one for 3 years. It's in red and is satin on the outside, and sweatshirt material on the inside. I only put it on if the car is clean but since I build furniture in my garage it's a must to keep the dust off the car. I occasionally wash the cover too.

Last edited by SS4PK; 09-21-2021 at 09:20 AM. Reason: typo
Old 09-21-2021, 09:50 AM
Received 81 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by davidmaria1
I’ve had mine for four years and have had no problems with the mirror pockets. The pockets are large enough that there is no stress on either the mirrors or the cover.

Old 09-21-2021, 10:25 AM
Veteran Member
Received 373 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by Whatsnext
I had my car ceramic coated and the owners of the shope are against using a cover for the same reason that it can scratch the surface.
Depending on what you are protecting it against, a car cover may be the lesser evil. There is nothing a little polishing cannot repair.

Old 09-21-2021, 10:58 AM
Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by CJSJAG
If you are intending to use the cover only in the garage then you might consider the satin one shown on the following site.
I chose this one because it is satin soft and will not scratch. Price is about $170. Comes with nice bag. It is a universal fit.

https://www.carcoversfactory.com/cov...hoCJGAQAvD_BwE
Have the same, recommend

Old 09-21-2021, 11:40 AM

Several posters raised concerns about scratching the car when using a cover if the car was not clean. I always blow my car off with my Blaster Sidekick prior to covering it to prevent scratching.

Old 09-21-2021, 02:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 210 Likes on 187 Posts

I would think the 5 layer Coverking is the one.

Old 09-21-2021, 03:24 PM
Received 268 Likes on 173 Posts

I found this really nice, flannel lined, Motor Trend cover. It's supposed to be waterproof, but I store my F inside, so can't attest to that feature. It comes in various sizes, and is very reasonably priced.
Amazon Amazon

Old 09-21-2021, 09:02 PM
Received 399 Likes on 213 Posts

I've used a California Car Cover and have been very happy with it. Custom for each vehicle, including SVR:

https://www.calcarcover.com/

Quick Reply: Car cover choices? Jag? Cover Kings? or Cheaper?