F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Classic Additions Indoor Cover

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 09:39 AM
Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Classic Additions Indoor Cover

I had Classic Additions make a indoor cover for my Coupe. I asked for some custom piping work, I think it turned out well. I was so tempted to ask for a Union Jack cover they had made for another Jag. I decided to stick with the minimalist look It was cheaper than the Jaguar F-Type cover too!

Attached Thumbnails Classic Additions Indoor Cover-dscf0001.jpg   Classic Additions Indoor Cover-dscf0003.jpg   Classic Additions Indoor Cover-dscf0004.jpg   Classic Additions Indoor Cover-dscf0005.jpg   Classic Additions Indoor Cover-dscf0007.jpg  

The following users liked this post:
SNG Barratt USA (06-30-2014)
Old 06-28-2014, 10:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 401 Likes on 209 Posts

Looks awesome! The contrast piping is really cool.

Old 06-28-2014, 06:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 333 Likes on 231 Posts
Thumbs up

Looks perfect...!

Old 06-28-2014, 07:09 PM
Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts

It would've been cool if it had a small Jaguar (leaping cat) or "R" logo where the grill is, but still very nice I must say.

Old 06-28-2014, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Dremorg
It would've been cool if it had a small Jaguar (leaping cat) or "R" logo where the grill is, but still very nice I must say.
I think they can do that. I believe the standard logo they use is the JAGUAR text logo. I didnt think about asking for the R logo, that wouldve been cool.

Old 06-29-2014, 09:36 PM
Received 98 Likes on 56 Posts

In the past I used the Porsche Smooth-fitting indoor car cover on my Black Turbo S. Then after a few uses I started noticing small straight scratches in the paint. (Easy to see on a black car) After discussing with a detailing buddy about it he highly recommended I stop using it unless I had just washed the car.
So I really do not use it that much since I don't store the car in the winter.

Just something to think about. As you put it on and off the car you are quite possibly inducing small scratches as you push or pull dirt or other particles across the paint.

Walt

Old 06-29-2014, 10:25 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by WaltBurkett
Just something to think about. As you put it on and off the car you are quite possibly inducing small scratches as you push or pull dirt or other particles across the paint.
This is why I haven't considered getting a cover. Grit sticks to the inside of the cover, and it's really difficult to avoid abrasion while stretching the cover over the car. Even a single particle of grit can create a long scratch on the car when slid over the hood.

Old 06-30-2014, 11:53 AM

I use it to keep it clean longer after a wash. Even with the garage doors closed, I get tons of tree pollen which tends to stick to the wax more than dust. Accumulation of dust and pollen is a big reason I got one that is very light weight and washable. For those that do use one, I recommend folding it lengthwise while on the car, then rolling it up and off rather than dragging it. Makes it easy to put back on the same way.

Old 06-30-2014, 11:57 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by ungineer
For those that do use one, I recommend folding it lengthwise while on the car, then rolling it up and off rather than dragging it. Makes it easy to put back on the same way.
Makes sense!

themacs (06-30-2014)
Old 06-30-2014, 12:47 PM
Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
Default covers

All you have said about covers makes total sense. Makes me wonder why, after all these years, I never considered this!

Thanks for sharing!

Originally Posted by schraderade
Makes sense!

Old 06-30-2014, 12:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 333 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by ungineer
For those that do use one, I recommend folding it lengthwise while on the car, then rolling it up and off rather than dragging it. Makes it easy to put back on the same way...

This is what I've always done with every car I keep covered, if you roll it the same way each time, it makes it very easy to remove & replace.

I'm currently having a '28 Ford Roadster painted gloss black and I've done a fair amount of research on how to keep a black car scratch free, some high-end paint shops actually recommend using painters plastic (think very fine plastic sheeting) under the cover to keep the dust particles away from the paint.

Also, if you wax the car, always go in a straight motion along the cars lines rather than in a circular motion which will actually inhibit scratches.
I just know this car is going to drive me bonkers trying to keep it perfect but alas, gloss black was my only choice...

Old 06-30-2014, 01:27 PM
Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar.com
I'm currently having a '28 Ford Roadster painted gloss black and I've done a fair amount of research on how to keep a black car scratch free, some high-end paint shops actually recommend using painters plastic (think very fine plastic sheeting) under the cover to keep the dust particles away from the paint.
I saw a picture the other day that I think was from the Petersen museum here in LA. They had a frame suspended from the ceiling that could be raised/lowered via rope. From the frame hung a clear plastic tarp that covered the entire car. The frame was large enough so that even when lowered, the plastic never touched the car. I thought it was a pretty good idea for protecting classic cars. Since any physical contact could potentially scratch the paint, this was a good way to protect from dust yet never have physical contact with the car.

buickfunnycar.com (06-30-2014)