F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eibach Lowering Springs Experience?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2020, 08:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 976 Likes on 564 Posts
Default Eibach Lowering Springs Experience?

Hi Group...

I bought a set of Eibach springs for my 2017 F-Type R (AWD). I purchased the correct set for the AWD (R) - Kit# E10-45-007-02-22. I have disassembled the front twice now - Once - And tried to use the Harbor Freight Spring Compressor and did not feel too secure, so put it back together and got a PowerBuilt compressor tool. Much more sturdy etc., but when I got the spring compressed and re-assembled, it pinched the springs and could not get the spring/strut out of the tool. So I put it all back together and ordered a third - larger - professional spring compressor. I think that one will work as the attachments aren't as thick....

I also noted when I put the springs next to one another the Eibachs do not seem any shorter (in fact a tad taller) than the OEM, and thicker coils. They are supposed to lower front 15MM and rear 25MM, so I am wondering how that is with them being longer? Appears they have more "flat"/ "dead" coils, so hope after 3rd time, they do not raise my car!

Have enjoyed reading the various posts hear and the knowledge and experience on this forum, as I have had many Porsches, but this is my first Jag. So was wondering if any of you have had any/similar/different experiences with the Eibach springs? I know H&R and VAP have springs too, but I am interested in Eibach, since I already bought them.

Thanks for any thoughts, experiences....

BTW - Eibach support has been useless. With each email, I wait days to get a dumb follow up question..like (where did you buy them?). I respond...then crickets....

DC

Old 03-08-2020, 08:35 AM
Received 221 Likes on 164 Posts

I have a 16 R and planning to do my coils this week or next, but E10 45 007 01 22 is the number on my box (not 02).

Old 03-08-2020, 09:25 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by gg2684
I have a 16 R and planning to do my coils this week or next, but E10 45 007 01 22 is the number on my box (not 02).
Yes. The 01 were indicated for all BUT R and SVR AWD. For R or SVR AWD, the application was 02. I did verify that.

Thanks,
DC

Old 03-08-2020, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Therock88
Yes. The 01 were indicated for all BUT R and SVR AWD. For R or SVR AWD, the application was 02. I did verify that.

Thanks,
DC
not good for you and maybe not good for me. I checked the eibach site and it only shows one listing which is the “01” - how this is not more clear on eibach and other sites is beyond me. I have seen Ebay listings with both models listed for type r. I’m going to search the forum and see because there are quite a few people with these springs.

Last edited by gg2684; 03-08-2020 at 12:14 PM.
Old 03-08-2020, 12:14 PM
Veteran Member

not good for you and maybe not good for me. I checked the eibach site and it only shows one listing which is the “01” - how this is not more clear in eibach and other sites is beyond me. I’m going to search the forum and see because there are quite a few people with these springs.
Yeah...I agree..That was my last comment (Eibach support sucks - to be candid) . Good luck with your search/research. If you paste the number in Google with "01" it always says "Base Models" which ours is not. If you search them on eBay and use the fitment chart and I go to one with the "01", and then enter my model, it says it will not fit. That is why I found the "02" ones, and got them. As it says they fit R and SVR which are both AWD. I did get the front springs on the struts , the springs just pinch down on the compressor and could not get it to release. I have seen other applications where the Eibachs pinch down on the compressor, and people beat them to get them loose....but did not want to try that.

Have you compared the Eibachs to your OEMs? Curious if they look longer too? I assume even though the springs are longer and bigger, they may still be able to lower it based on how resilient the steel is/tension is in the springs? Guess we will see when my 3rd compressor comes in.

Take care,
DC

Old 03-08-2020, 12:18 PM

I haven’t taken it apart to compare . I was planning to do them in January myself but didn’t get it done before my scheduled elbow surgery so I’m just now planning to do it, but I am going to have a jag shop do them - I need to call tomorrow and see if I can get the correct ones. I’m having neck surgery so I either wait 4 months to do it or pay, but I don’t want to pay to have them done twice and I bought them in December so I’m hoping there isn’t an issue excavation gong them or returning them.

Last edited by gg2684; 03-08-2020 at 12:25 PM.
Old 03-08-2020, 01:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,640 Likes on 3,362 Posts

There have been other threads expressing issues with Eibach springs as well. There have been issues with those springs actually raising the profile of the car either front or rear. Results with the H&R and the VAP springs have been consistent With the advertised ride height.

Old 03-08-2020, 02:44 PM

I have also seen a few VAP threads with mismatched springs or seemingly incorrect applications. Again, I have done probably 8 suspension-spring modifications and have never experienced such ambiguity with models and applications. There are quite a few retailers that only show one model number for all Models and others that specify - eibach doesn’t show a type r listed and the place I got mine used my VIN and model info. Ridiculous.....I know there are some eibach users here; at least a couple that were on v6 cars but I was hoping someone could definitely say which model is correct. Looks like the OP has the 02, which I have seen listed as the type r version, but it would be nice to have something a little clearer. The springs aren’t cheap and it’s not like a cell phones case where you can verify fitment in 30 seconds.

Old 03-08-2020, 07:54 PM
Veteran Member

I have also seen a few VAP threads with mismatched springs or seemingly incorrect applications. Again, I have done probably 8 suspension-spring modifications and have never experienced such ambiguity with models and applications. There are quite a few retailers that only show one model number for all Models and others that specify - eibach doesn’t show a type r listed and the place I got mine used my VIN and model info. Ridiculous.....I know there are some eibach users here; at least a couple that were on v6 cars but I was hoping someone could definitely say which model is correct. Looks like the OP has the 02, which I have seen listed as the type r version, but it would be nice to have something a little clearer. The springs aren’t cheap and it’s not like a cell phones case where you can verify fitment in 30 seconds.
Yes! It is very frustrating . I emailed them as I said, and they simply replied "Are you saying you did not buy them from us directly?". I responded that " I just want to verify they fit"....And then crickets. I just sent another note today and will try to call them tomorrow if I can get some time. I will update here for you with anything I find out, and if you could do the same, it would be great. May help others out as well. Here is an example of what I was indicating...From an Authorized Dealer?

Old 03-08-2020, 08:29 PM

I bought mine from carid - they were actually super helpful and offered a 25% military discount so I got a good deal and I have a direct line for the salesperson so I will reach out tomorrow. If not, I guess I’ll have to pay full freight and buy a set on eBay for the R (“02” version). Interesting that eibach licenses their stuff out to a million retailers but treats you like yours were stolen because you didn’t buy them direct. Also, their site doesn’t even show the other model number (at least I couldn’t find it). I appreciate the additional information and am interested in what you find out. I’ll update also.

This would be a great time for anyone with eibach’s on an R-model to jump in...........

Old 03-09-2020, 09:33 AM

Calle carid- where I bought mine and they only show one model - the “01” and even when I gave him the “02” it linked to the “01” - I am working on returning them even though it’s past their return period.

I then called eibach (talked to Jaren) and he said they don’t show or stock the “02” - he is getting me a price quote since they are apparently only available in Europe - even though there are some shown on eBay. Tempted to get a set on eBay but also don’t want to have installation issues like you - and I’m not sure about VAP - I inquired about products before and never even got a response. I know a lot of people seem to think they are the greatest retailer in history, my experience has not been so awesome. H&R is probably too low - but at least they are available and I dont recall reading anyone with issues like getting the wrong combination or having installation problems. That’s the latest from me; hopefully you have made progress.

Old 03-09-2020, 02:48 PM
Received 827 Likes on 469 Posts

Hello.

Would you be kind enough to direct me towards the threads on mismatched springs? I'd like to address them if there are any issues or confusion.

To the best of my knowledge we don't have any issues on pairing the correct VAP products to the correct vehicles.

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 03-09-2020, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Hello.

Would you be kind enough to direct me towards the threads on mismatched springs? I'd like to address them if there are any issues or confusion.

To the best of my knowledge we don't have any issues on pairing the correct VAP products to the correct vehicles.
Even though I knew I would get this question, I didn't exactly keep a log of every post.
Here is the one that came to mind quickly: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...-r-rwd-224985/ and I recall seeing something similar on one of the Vantage forums as well as an exhaust issue from the F-Pace forum. No worries Mr. Dickinson, seems like you guys do a great job far more than not and your products are top notch. I have owned several businesses and mistakes happen - nice that you stay active on the boards for information and resolution; I have had several Eibach sets without issue, but this latest episode with the F-type makes that place look like clown college. I wish I would have received as swift a response to my numerous inquiries about buying springs and a tune last year. Of course, based on the above posts, I am likely to be in the market for some springs in the next couple days, but I'll assume there will be no deal for me from VAP now.....

Old 03-09-2020, 04:06 PM
Received 827 Likes on 469 Posts

Even though I knew I would get this question, I didn't exactly keep a log of every post.
Here is the one that came to mind quickly: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...-r-rwd-224985/ and I recall seeing something similar on one of the Vantage forums as well as an exhaust issue from the F-Pace forum. No worries Mr. Dickinson, seems like you guys do a great job far more than not and your products are top notch. I have owned several businesses and mistakes happen - nice that you stay active on the boards for information and resolution; I have had several Eibach sets without issue, but this latest episode with the F-type makes that place look like clown college. I wish I would have received as swift a response to my numerous inquiries about buying springs and a tune last year. Of course, based on the above posts, I am likely to be in the market for some springs in the next couple days, but I'll assume there will be no deal for me from VAP now.....
There's no bad feeling from us for bringing things to the fore, and you'd be welcome to use our introductory discount coupon just as anyone else would be. We did decide with customer consultation to discontinue the 2WD front springs for the 'R' models. Several customers requested the AWD versions which were marginally lower in the front when fitted to the 2WD cars. So after some feedback we decided to switch over to the new spec for all the R & SVR cars.

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 03-09-2020, 04:25 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks for the updates. Here is what I was able to get today. (Minor - useless update ).

I heard back from Eibachshop.com..which appears to be Eibach, only maybe not? After a couple of emails here are responses.

My 1st Message:
I purchased a set of these from a re-seller and indicated they do fit a 2017 F-Type R. All 2017 F-Type R's are All wheel Drive. I have my springs off and while these say they lower 15mm Front, and 25mm rear, the fronts seem longer/taller than OEM? So wonder how they lower the car? I also am not certain which are front and rear springs. I assumed maybe the ones that end in FA is Front and RA is rear? Trying to install on my F-Type R and there were no instructions or clarity on which is front and which is rear? And also wanted to be sure they are the right ones and will actually lower the car...Thank you

My First Answer:
Hi, do I understand correctly that you didn't purchase the springs from us?

XXXXXXXXX
www.eibachshop.com

My next Message:
I bought Eibach Springs. The ones indicated, but from one of your re-sellers. Just trying to get the questions answered. Is this not the Eibach company I am communicating with? How do I get support for Eibach products. Just questions answered?

Waited 5 days and then replied:
Nothing? No response at all?

My next Answer:
Sorry, you will have to contact the reseller that you purchased the springs from. We are a distributor of Eibach products. The most I can do is provide you with the correct number of springs for this vehicle so that you can verify you got the correct springs. If this would be of any help for you, please confirm which engine version you have:

XXXXXXXX
www.eibachshop.com

My next Message:
Thanks. I have a 2017 with 5.0 liter V8 Supercharged F Type R which all F Type R from 2016 on have AWD.

Last Answer:
The problem is that Eibach does not have dedicated springs for the AWD versions, so that's probably why the springs you received are different.
In this case you will have to contact your supplier and return the springs. I have also looked at other spring manufacturers (for example H&R) and they also do not have springs dedicated to your car.

XXXXXXXXX
www.eibachshop.com

So.......

I also called Eibach 1-800 number. Got to tech support menu. Put on hold..another two messages about all reps busy...then..Transferring you now...then click. Hung up on me. Lather-rinse-repeat...never got anyone. Tried to use web form for "Contact Us" and it says fill out form to "Subscribe to Eibach Insider"...no place to put a question...and no Tech Support page that I could find ...Soooo....I will work on it more later.

When my new spring compressor arrives, I will give them a shot. I did end up buying mine from a shop in UK on eBay BTW. ...And technically anywhere you find this part#, it does say it fits F-Type R....and all of the V8 R's post 2015 are AWD, so they should fit.

The hunt continues!
DC

Old 03-14-2020, 01:55 PM
Veteran Member

*** PLEASE READ FIRST ***
After buying 3 different spring compressor tools, and none of them worked! I figured a way to get the last one to work by modifying it. Put the Eibach springs on the passenger front, and decided to check before I did any more....Let the lift down and up a few times so they would settle....The side with the Eibach spring is over 1/2 inch higher that the driver OEM side.

I am needless to say...Not so happy about this. On a good note, it started snowing today, so I can go 4 wheeling in it and likely pass up the Jeeps!

Save yourself some grief and avoid theses springs for a R with AWD....They do not fit! OR lower the car....

Hope this saves someone else the hassle! After I calm down and eat something....I will be re-installing the OEM

DC

Last edited by Therock88; 03-15-2020 at 03:16 AM.
Old 03-15-2020, 02:42 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I had the same problem in an RWD R. They sent me other springs at no cost and the same thing happened! Because of removing and putting springs a suspension broke ... Eibach returned the money from the springs but that was ridiculous compared to the total cost of the adventure ...

Old 03-15-2020, 07:32 AM
Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Oh wow. I am glad I read this thread as I was about to get a set of Eibach springs. Do you know if the V6s have the same issue?

Old 03-15-2020, 08:25 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Other users have not had problems with their springs in the V6 but I would not risk it. Eibach must have changed something on its springs since 2014

Old 03-15-2020, 09:09 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jlsthlm
Oh wow. I am glad I read this thread as I was about to get a set of Eibach springs. Do you know if the V6s have the same issue?
I do not. But what is troubling, is that Eibach does not even seem to be clear on what applications work. I picked them simply because of the lowering metrics, that seemed appropriate (and I have used some of their parts on Porsches).
H&R springs are too low IMO. So from what I have learned so far the VAP springs seem about right, and fit. Unfortunately I am out the money from the Eibachs, so not looking to blow more on VAP or others right now. Maybe after I get over the waste I just encountered.

If I were you, I would stay away from Eibach, just to be safe. Unless others who have actually used them for your application and can opine and share their experience.

Good luck!
DC

Last edited by Therock88; 03-15-2020 at 09:13 AM.

Quick Reply: Eibach Lowering Springs Experience?