F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-Type SVR Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 11:08 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Link to Jaguar news release: Jaguar Introduces Ultra-High Performance F-TYPE SVR Ahead Of Geneva Debut

CCB is optional:
Immediate benefits in terms of handling were found in large part to a significant weight savings in the F-TYPE SVR. With no optional equipment, the SVR weighs in 55-lbs (25kg) lighter than the AWD F-TYPE R, and as much as 110-lbs (50kg) lighter with options such as the Carbon Ceramic Matrix (CCM) brake system and carbon fiber roof fitted. Optimized aerodynamics produce further gains in high speed drivability, a standard active rear spoiler delivers reductions in lift whether in the raised or lowered position.

Rear spoilers are deployable - I thought they were fixed and did not have more to deploy!
The single most effective device developed for the F-TYPE SVR is its deployable rear spoiler; the highly optimized design is both more effective and more aerodynamically-efficient in both raised and lowered positions.

The spoiler deploys automatically in Dynamic mode! So effectively now one can deploy the spoiler with a button at will. Yay!
The spoiler will also deploy automatically whenever the driver selects Dynamic mode.

Last edited by rav1up; 02-16-2016 at 11:16 PM.
Old 02-17-2016, 06:53 AM
Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by rav1up
The spoiler deploys automatically in Dynamic mode! So effectively now one can deploy the spoiler with a button at will. Yay!
The spoiler will also deploy automatically whenever the driver selects Dynamic mode.
Unless this falls foul of whichever piece of US legislation that prevented the same behaviour on the coupe.

Old 02-17-2016, 07:05 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by rav1up
Link to Jaguar news release: Jaguar Introduces Ultra-High Performance F-TYPE SVR Ahead Of Geneva Debut

Immediate benefits in terms of handling were found in large part to a significant weight savings in the F-TYPE SVR. With no optional equipment, the SVR weighs in 55-lbs (25kg) lighter than the AWD F-TYPE R . . .
I don't consider a 1.5% weight loss "significant," and to claim that results in handling benefits is stretching things more than a little bit. It may handle better for other reasons but not due to weight reduction.

That's comparable to me losing 2 lbs. and claiming that I'm now significantly quicker as a result.

Old 02-17-2016, 08:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 640 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
I don't consider a 1.5% weight loss "significant," and to claim that results in handling benefits is stretching things more than a little bit. It may handle better for other reasons but not due to weight reduction.

That's comparable to me losing 2 lbs. and claiming that I'm now significantly quicker as a result.
Agreed. Call me bias, but I would just as well buy an R and tune it, throw some light weight seats, a wing (if I cared about aero that much) and lowering springs on it and have a comparable car for $6k in parts.

I think it's funny they mention the carbon ceramic brakes increase weight loss to 100+ lbs over the F Type R, even though you can also get them on the R.

Old 02-17-2016, 01:14 PM
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Old 02-17-2016, 02:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 293 Likes on 233 Posts

"The car is expected to reach US showrooms this summer with a starting price tag of $125,950 for the coupe and $128,800 fro the convertible."

Now that's pretty interesting...

Old 02-17-2016, 02:07 PM
Received 165 Likes on 77 Posts
Default What Were They Thinking?

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post and unfortunately it's not a positive one. I have been researching the development of the F-Type SVR for the better part of three years in anticipation of purchasing one. Finally, Jaguar has released some information about it as well as an SVR "BUILD" site.

2017 Jaguar F-TYPE - Luxury Sports Car | Jaguar USA

The first thing I noticed was that the new F-Type SVR isn't available in the iconic British Racing Green! Are you kidding me? The fastest, most powerful and lightest production Jaguar ever made and you can't get it in the iconic BRG?

It appears to still be available on the "R" model but not the SVR? I don't get it. I sent a letter to Jaguar USA but they never seem to respond and my local dealer is no help whatsoever. I saw a Project 7 window sticker and it showed that the BRG paint cost an extra $10,000.00.

If anyone has any contacts in Jaguar USA and can check into this, I would be very grateful. I hope that it is just a typo or a misprint...

Thanks!
Steve

The following users liked this post:
Dremorg (02-17-2016)
Old 02-17-2016, 08:11 PM
Received 134 Likes on 94 Posts

hmm according to jag press, my rwd with ceramics is even lighter again, and thus better handling - in terms of fun factory yes, but not those all important magazine stats

i still think the svr is a great thing for the brand in simply being able to generate good straight line numbers in awd spec

i wouldn't hate on it too much, this is the first offering by svr jaguar, and as the brand/market grows, they'll have the funds and approval to do more unique things with the donor car - given the rate at which jag are improving their cars model by model (think f-pace vs xj in terms of tech and build quality), you can be confident the next generation svr products will be very competitive

re manual trans, the main reason manufacturers, especially in europe, are going automatic is because they can play the emission cycle perfectly by setting shift points at key throttle loads precisely to pass the tests

Last edited by domino_z; 02-17-2016 at 08:18 PM.
Old 02-18-2016, 10:18 AM
Received 390 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by FeralSVR
Hello Everyone,

This is my first post and unfortunately it's not a positive one. I have been researching the development of the F-Type SVR for the better part of three years in anticipation of purchasing one. Finally, Jaguar has released some information about it as well as an SVR "BUILD" site.

2017 Jaguar F-TYPE - Luxury Sports Car | Jaguar USA

The first thing I noticed was that the new F-Type SVR isn't available in the iconic British Racing Green! Are you kidding me? The fastest, most powerful and lightest production Jaguar ever made and you can't get it in the iconic BRG?

It appears to still be available on the "R" model but not the SVR? I don't get it. I sent a letter to Jaguar USA but they never seem to respond and my local dealer is no help whatsoever. I saw a Project 7 window sticker and it showed that the BRG paint cost an extra $10,000.00.

If anyone has any contacts in Jaguar USA and can check into this, I would be very grateful. I hope that it is just a typo or a misprint...

Thanks!
Steve
Correct. No option for BRG for now.

Last edited by WhiteTardis; 02-18-2016 at 10:20 AM.
rav1up (02-19-2016)
Old 02-18-2016, 10:21 AM
Received 390 Likes on 207 Posts

Exhaust Differences

Schwabe (02-18-2016)
Old 02-19-2016, 12:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 442 Likes on 323 Posts

you can see the wing deploy in this video:

The following 4 users liked this post by Schwabe:
01Silverstone (02-23-2016), Dremorg (02-19-2016), enderle (02-20-2016), rav1up (02-19-2016)
Old 02-19-2016, 12:36 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

well, in my market (austria) the base price for the SVR is ~195K $USD, thats way to much for a jag

with some extras (technology pack etc) its around 220K USD.

im happy with my v6s, but on that price range i would definatly expect a much higher quality in the interior to compete on other 200k+ cars

Last edited by thisissparta; 02-19-2016 at 12:38 PM.
Old 02-19-2016, 08:05 PM
Banned
Received 130 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Good video for SRV model

Watch the GT Spoiler in video. It rises up with speed.

Old 02-20-2016, 10:44 AM
Received 92 Likes on 73 Posts

Did they eliminate the pops and bangs etc. from the exhaust sounds ? I know this video isn't probably a good representation of it, but I don't hear them?

Old 02-20-2016, 11:44 AM
Received 674 Likes on 487 Posts

Boy just watching that spoiler go up, that is wicked cool. I wonder how well they'll hold value though. My bet is not very well given how much higher than base their making them a really good used car deal (like most cars in this price class).

Old 02-23-2016, 11:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 243 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by enderle
Boy just watching that spoiler go up, that is wicked cool. I wonder how well they'll hold value though. My bet is not very well given how much higher than base their making them a really good used car deal (like most cars in this price class).
I would agree. I purchased my XKR-S lightly used, 3 years old with only 6k miles on it, for about $50k less than MSRP. Given that the sticker on my car was about the same as what the SVR will be, I would expect similar rapid depreciation.

That being said, some of y'all need to buy them new and put them in the garage for awhile so I have some nice ones to pick from in about 4 years!

Mbourne (02-24-2016)
Old 02-25-2016, 07:04 AM
Received 147 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by 01Silverstone
I would agree. I purchased my XKR-S lightly used, 3 years old with only 6k miles on it, for about $50k less than MSRP. Given that the sticker on my car was about the same as what the SVR will be, I would expect similar rapid depreciation.

That being said, some of y'all need to buy them new and put them in the garage for awhile so I have some nice ones to pick from in about 4 years!
That's pretty good depreciation. You can buy a 1 year old R coupe with less than 10k miles for nearly 30k off MSRP. That's massive depreciation and the reason I will never ever buy a Jag again!

Old 02-26-2016, 07:06 AM
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Depreciation

Originally Posted by StealthPilot
That's pretty good depreciation. You can buy a 1 year old R coupe with less than 10k miles for nearly 30k off MSRP. That's massive depreciation and the reason I will never ever buy a Jag again!
So there are cars in this market segment that don't have crippling depreciation?

Do tell...

JD
F-Type V8S

Old 02-26-2016, 11:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by StealthPilot
I can't even say that word, let alone have I thought of duh preash ashe in.

I can't imagine buying a car like this and worrying about how many miles you drive, nor the loss of value. Driving a Maserati off the lot loses something like 40% of the value of the car and depreciates a further 50% the following year (or something a lot is likely urban legend)....

I guess I shouldn't talk as I am not a lease, but seriously... I had a guy tell me he was excited to see the manual out so there would be a few for sale in a couple years. For me? 20. My car will be worth $100 by the time I consider selling or depreciation.

For my next cars, I think I will go for a trio of 1960s:
Maserati 3500 GT Vignale Spider
Aston Martin DB 4 Series 2
Ferrari 250 GT Cabriolet Series II

LOL. I may get more cars.... but I am not getting rid of this one.

Also, jokes aside.... I have a feeling this Jag is different, and a modern classic.

Old 02-26-2016, 07:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits
I can't even say that word, let alone have I thought of duh preash ashe in.

I can't imagine buying a car like this and worrying about how many miles you drive, nor the loss of value. Driving a Maserati off the lot loses something like 40% of the value of the car and depreciates a further 50% the following year (or something a lot is likely urban legend)....

I guess I shouldn't talk as I am not a lease, but seriously... I had a guy tell me he was excited to see the manual out so there would be a few for sale in a couple years. For me? 20. My car will be worth $100 by the time I consider selling or depreciation.

For my next cars, I think I will go for a trio of 1960s:
Maserati 3500 GT Vignale Spider
Aston Martin DB 4 Series 2
Ferrari 250 GT Cabriolet Series II

LOL. I may get more cars.... but I am not getting rid of this one.

Also, jokes aside.... I have a feeling this Jag is different, and a modern classic.
I agree. I'm keeping it. Everything like this depreciates for some time then in time stabilizes if it's a car that is well thought of. It will only be in 15-20 years before the value starts to move upward. I hope and think this will but if it doesn't that's ok. If I wanted an investment I would have spent my money on something boring that I couldn't play with. This is far more satisfying to me that a "portfolio".

Quick Reply: F-Type SVR Discussion Thread