F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Famous YouTuber rolled over his F-Type multiple times and came out unscuffed

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 03:01 PM
Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Famous YouTuber rolled over his F-Type multiple times and came out unscuffed

Car is shown at 30 seconds

The Damage is unbelievable, the car is completely unrecognizable. He explained how he was driving fast hit a curb and his car flipped multiple times, ended up upside down the glass sunroof cut his hands right up but came out untouched apart from that. Tow truck drivers said how accidents like that either kill you or send you in the ICU. Thank god we have an amazing rollover cage. Just makes me more proud to own an F-Type!!

Accident explaination at 13mins

Last edited by Holy F type; 10-23-2017 at 03:03 PM.
Old 10-23-2017, 03:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

That first video is all but unwatchable (FF, watch 1-2 seconds, FF watch 1-2 seconds, FF watch 1-2 seconds, end)...hence a pass on the second.

The following 3 users liked this post by JagRag:
Don1954 (10-26-2017), ehansen007 (10-23-2017), SinF (10-24-2017)
Old 10-23-2017, 03:39 PM
Received 128 Likes on 91 Posts

... and had it dragged to his driveway. Sure.

Am I the only one who stops reading and or vomits at the notion of "famous youtuber". Yawn. I'm showing my age I guess, but not at all ashamed to have working braincells and to know the difference between garbage and not garbage.

Last edited by 15FTypeR; 10-23-2017 at 03:41 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by 15FTypeR:
Burt Gummer (10-23-2017), ehansen007 (10-23-2017), SinF (10-24-2017)
Old 10-23-2017, 04:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

It is nice to see the F-Type protected him well. A friend of mine was in a bad wreck this morning but looks like he will be ok.

So many texting and distracted idiots on the road it is just a matter of WHEN you will get hit nowadays. Being the best defensive driver on the road won't save you.

15FTypeR - I agree. So many YouTuber millennials me me me me me. Look at me! I am important. I might not be doing or saying anything interesting at all, but look at ME. Wait ... a selfie!

No, you are not that important and no one really cares. Sorry.

Last edited by Burt Gummer; 10-23-2017 at 04:45 PM.
Old 10-24-2017, 05:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 156 Likes on 129 Posts

Good to hear that the car protected it's occupant but the people in these videos all appear to be ******** with poor command of language and an even poorer capability to communicate. They should NOT be considered "successful" in ANY way.

Rather, they simply appear to be the kids of some rich parents who have funded their efforts. IMHO those parents should cut off their funding

Old 10-24-2017, 05:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,140 Likes on 1,461 Posts

Originally Posted by Burt Gummer
So many YouTuber millennials me me me me me. Look at me! I am important. I might not be doing or saying anything interesting at all, but look at ME. Wait ... a selfie!
Clearly, millennials have a monopoly on self-absorbed idiots. Right? And one in the white house also happen to be a millennial.

Now tell me to get off your lawn.

Old 10-24-2017, 05:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 156 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by SinF
Clearly, millennials have a monopoly on self-absorbed idiots. Right? And one in the white house also happen to be a millennial.

Now tell me to get off your lawn.
Leaving me personal feelings about exactly how sad a person the current POTUS may be I have to point out that he is not a Millennial AT ALL. In fact, I don't even think his kids technically qualify as that either.

Old 10-25-2017, 12:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

There are thankfully always exceptions, however, yes the majority of them are raging entitled idiots. Dumbest generation yet. Apparently the GenZs may be a vast improvement; not sure why or how.

Positive general comment about Ms - they are rejecting traditions like marriage, geographically assigned belief systems, etc. So I guess they aren't all bad.

The following users liked this post:
STMPY (07-09-2020)
Old 10-25-2017, 07:46 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Burt Gummer
There are thankfully always exceptions, however, yes the majority of them are raging entitled idiots. Dumbest generation yet .
As a millennial I take offense at what you said. Mulligan?

Old 10-25-2017, 12:32 PM

Is it his car? If so, then one might go so far as to say "sadly the car protected him perfectly, and he learned absolutely nothing".

Also, I agree with all who have pointed out this is the dumbest generation ever.

Old 10-25-2017, 12:49 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by 15FTypeR
Also, I agree with all who have pointed out this is the dumbest generation ever.
I wouldn't give out prizes quite yet.

What generation run the highest deficit despite benefiting from historical stock boom during 80s and 90s?
What generation had the most failed or disestablishing foreign wars?
What generation trained and armed Taliban and ISIS (back when they used to be called mujaheddin)?
What generation created hostile Iran by supporting a despotic shah?
What generation created hostile North Korea by losing Korean war?
What generation shipped billions of dollars and nearly all manufacturing to China?
What generation created hostile Cuba and then nearly went to hot nuclear war over it?
What generation mismanaged NASA, to the point that Russians with less than a fraction of budget are the only people that can still put astronauts into orbit? Never mind getting to Mars orbit, we are only talking earth orbit.
What generation started disgraceful and dehumanizing airport security theater?
What generation still waging pointless war on drugs?

Take your time answering these.

LobsterClaws (10-29-2017)
Old 10-25-2017, 12:51 PM
Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

guys you have to remember these are skits, they're normal people and actors. it's like saying will ferrel is an idiot because he's stupid in the movie elf. Also what's wrong with millenials? I've met lots of successful young people in the exotic car group i'm in that worked hard for their own money

Jagged Wire (10-27-2017)
Old 10-25-2017, 01:25 PM

You're talking about larger scale issues SinF, and all of those are true statements. Human's judgement in the past is not without fault. Plenty of mistakes have been made. We're not having an argument here, and that's an awful lot of rhetoric there imo - all of which I agree with.

I'm just observing kids. So many idolize this sort of stupidity... Specifically disadvantaged kids, are fed and may look up to this garbage as if it is success, and pursue "acting like dumbasses" rather than something more productive. I have plenty of experience there. I feel they would benefit more from idolizing *actual success* not popularity and perceived success that will never earn them more than fractional cents from their clickbait videos.

A generation as focused on entertainment as this one is, and not on building things and actively using their brains, is certain to lead to more failures on the world level as the majority picks its leaders not for their actual accomplishments, but for their ability to win youtube and twitter contests (in the eyes of the uninformed masses who grow up with that growing mentality anyway).

Stupidity and bad choices used to lead to failure, (it was ok to label it as such), lessons learned, or worse - removal from the gene pool. I'm not sure that is the case anymore in the 'everyone is protected by computers and airbags' and 'everyone is entitled' culture that is prevalent now. That's certain to lead to far more problems - on perhaps a species or planetary level - than those cited.

What I'm getting at is... it's getting worse. We'll witness that in the future, just as you are making observations. I can't prove to you that it is getting worse because I don't have the benefit of a crystal ball. You do since you're looking at the past and blaming them for the present.

Your points are perfectly reasonable and I do not disagree. I'm saying it is getting worse, not better.

Last edited by 15FTypeR; 10-25-2017 at 04:58 PM.
Old 10-25-2017, 02:00 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Worse is subjective..

Older generations have always complained about newer ones and their inability to do the same things they did when they were kids-- Some may call it a crutch, others see it as advancement in technology and evolution.

Old 10-25-2017, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by xoai
Worse is subjective..

Older generations have always complained about newer ones and their inability to do the same things they did when they were kids-- Some may call it a crutch, others see it as advancement in technology and evolution.
I think it is different this time. No generation has been so motivated to replace human *judgement* with computers judgement as we are now.

Replacing labor with efficient machines is progress and evolution.

Relentlessly protecting us from our own bad judgement, or replacing human judgement with computer's judgement, to the point where we're always insulated from deficiencies, would lead to reverse evolution of the species.

Last edited by 15FTypeR; 10-25-2017 at 02:11 PM.
Don1954 (10-26-2017)
Old 10-25-2017, 02:20 PM
Veteran Member

15FtypeR, I think you are looking at "disadvantaged kids" and generalizing. This is not unlike looking at a prison population and concluding that everyone is a thief, murderer, or a rapist.

Sure some are, but your premise is that almost everyone is.

Old 10-25-2017, 02:36 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 15FTypeR
I think it is different this time. No generation has been so motivated to replace human *judgement* with computers judgement as we are now.

Replacing labor with efficient machines is progress and evolution.

Relentlessly protecting us from our own bad judgement, or replacing human judgement with computer's judgement, to the point where we're always insulated from deficiencies, would lead to reverse evolution of the species.
This is debatable.. Error-checking and automation with machines has proven to be far superior to anything a human can do and we'd be stupid to not pursue it in the name of human evolution. You'd have to be hoping that we magically unlock a part of ourselves to match that ability. It's never going to happen.

As far as AI goes, it's only been a priority approximately within the last year, which begins to tread on Generation Z territory. Still though, it's the natural next step in software development.

LobsterClaws (10-29-2017)
Old 10-25-2017, 03:41 PM
Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts
Old 10-25-2017, 04:17 PM
Received 85 Likes on 51 Posts
Default They Were Having a Kitchen Floor Reset

This thread prompted me to find out who these folks are.

The YouTube channel is called "Sugar Pine 7." They have a million subscribers and their skits range from 200,000 to 800,000 views. I'd say they're doing not too shabby, and it is taking a lot of time, effort, and money to produce their content; which IMHO is largely inane while a couple of them are cute, clever skits. I don't think their content contributes to the overall good of the world.

Steven is the fellow who crashed his car. Cip was the person crawling out of the car in the reenactment.

While watching their other videos, it did appear that Steven enjoyed driving his Jag and it was his way of relaxing and decompressing. Believe it or not, he has a hard job. Millennial and entitlement comments aside, I feel bad that he had a freak accident. Not all millennials are as stereotyped and other people total Jaguars too.

In "The Story of the Accident," he mentions that the accident was very traumatic and still bothers him even though he talked about it nonchalantly (scrub 13 minutes into the video). Good thing he came out of it just with bloody hands because he did not have health insurance. They also praised Jaguar for its crashworthiness.

However, hauling the car back to the apartment, throwing tantrums (kitchen floor resets), and hurling boulders did not help. It obviously infuriated a lot of the Jaguar community as a result.

Those are my thoughts.

If anyone is curious, this is what the group is about.

https://studybreaks.com/2017/08/10/s...uptic-youtube/

Last edited by Jagged Wire; 10-25-2017 at 04:45 PM. Reason: added content
The following 2 users liked this post by Jagged Wire:
Cherrycolq (07-09-2020), Holy F type (10-25-2017)
Old 10-25-2017, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by SinF
15FtypeR, I think you are looking at "disadvantaged kids" and generalizing. This is not unlike looking at a prison population and concluding that everyone is a thief, murderer, or a rapist.

Sure some are, but your premise is that almost everyone is.
Wow dude, way to 1) put words in my mouth, and 2) generalize about my thoughts, which you clearly *do not* understand.

Absolutely not my premise.

You're not-so-thinly veiled labeling of me as a trumpster is the best way to win an argument in the cable-news youtuber twitter generation, and the label for me could not be farther from the truth. It's the second time you're playing the trump card in this thread man... Maybe we're just talking and not being political? Take it with a grain of salt. I thought we were just chatting here.

Last edited by 15FTypeR; 10-25-2017 at 07:48 PM.