F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Glass Bottle Thrown at Me/Jag

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 09:01 AM
Received 186 Likes on 93 Posts
Default Glass Bottle Thrown at Me/Jag

Went to the Galleria Mall here in Western New York yesterday to grab lunch at an Italian Restaurant I like. Originally I had parked in a secluded spot. The I saw two black kids and two white girls dressed like tramps smoking dope and throwing their empty cups into the grass in ignorance. Didn't want any part of that company....

Moved into the Macy's lot, away from everyone. Got out, had only walked 2 parking spaces...Glass Bottle wizzed right by my head and landed 2 feet from me, shattering everywhere.

I immediately ran up the hill to the upper level. I was enraged. Looked around, saw only a group of three guys in the lot. Ran after them shouting "HEY YOU LIKE THROWING GLASS AT PEOPLE" as loud as I could. They didn't turn around and just kept walking....making them the likely culprits. I was able to catch up and confronted them. They acted completely dumb founded so I let it go. I wish I had seen which car they got out of.

I also had a person blatantly give me the middle finger when I was sitting at a stop sign not doing anything haha

Anyone else had experiences like this?

Old 06-11-2018, 09:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,637 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaguar1611
Went to the Galleria Mall here in Western New York yesterday to grab lunch at an Italian Restaurant I like. Originally I had parked in a secluded spot. The I saw two black kids and two white girls dressed like tramps smoking dope and throwing their empty cups into the grass in ignorance. Didn't want any part of that company....

Moved into the Macy's lot, away from everyone. Got out, had only walked 2 parking spaces...Glass Bottle wizzed right by my head and landed 2 feet from me, shattering everywhere.

I immediately ran up the hill to the upper level. I was enraged. Looked around, saw only a group of three guys in the lot. Ran after them shouting "HEY YOU LIKE THROWING GLASS AT PEOPLE" as loud as I could. They didn't turn around and just kept walking....making them the likely culprits. I was able to catch up and confronted them. They acted completely dumb founded so I let it go. I wish I had seen which car they got out of.

I also had a person blatantly give me the middle finger when I was sitting at a stop sign not doing anything haha

Anyone else had experiences like this?
I've had nothing but positive experiences everywhere. Then again, around here you also don't want to go running after anyone to confront them. They're guaranteed to be more heavily armed than you are.

The following 2 users liked this post by Unhingd:
FType17 (06-12-2018), Jaguar1611 (06-11-2018)
Old 06-11-2018, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Unhingd
I've had nothing but positive experiences everywhere. Then again, around here you also don't want to go running after anyone to confront them. They're guaranteed to be more heavily armed than you are.
I should mention, I've had positive experiences/reactions literally hundreds of times.

Old 06-11-2018, 10:04 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've seen people spit on Ferraris and scoff and other high end cars before. I think it's just a rare, yet unfortunate thing that happens - The cause (jealousy? anger? etc, I don't know) but I'm sure they have a reason.

Old 06-11-2018, 10:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,380 Likes on 1,607 Posts

Went to the Galleria Mall in Western New York to an Italian Restaurant I like.
What respectable Italian restaurant operates from the mall.

Just look at the occupants, 'Forever 21' they are the disneyland for idle, broke, losers with raging hormones- who could not afford to go on Spring Break. Yes school's out.

Avoid malls- especially if you are going to look like (in their eyes) someone rich to take grievances out on. If they were passive aggressive they would have keyed your car.

Italian restaurant in the mall...sheesh.

The following users liked this post:
Don1954 (06-13-2018)
Old 06-11-2018, 10:37 AM
Received 128 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Queen and Country
What respectable Italian restaurant operates from the mall.

Just look at the occupants, 'Forever 21' they are the disneyland for idle, broke, losers with raging hormones- who could not afford to go on Spring Break. Yes school's out.

Avoid malls- especially if you are going to look like (in their eyes) someone rich to take grievances out on. If they were passive aggressive they would have keyed your car.

Italian restaurant in the mall...sheesh.

^ This. Also, sometimes when you try to park away from other cars, you might unwittingly park in a "loitering area" or attract unwanted attention. Have to be so strategic.

Old 06-11-2018, 10:49 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,380 Likes on 1,607 Posts

BTW you learned another important lesson besides bad taste in Italian joints.

When given the option of parking near "dope smokers" or beer drinkers, take the dope smokers they are low energy.

Don1954 (06-13-2018)
Old 06-11-2018, 10:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 156 Likes on 129 Posts

Some 25 years ago I was enjoying a sunny day driving down the interstate with the top off my '87 vette. Traffic slowed to a crawl and I was flowing with traffic so wasn't passing anyone and we were going about 20MPH when a BMW with 20-somethings decided to toss a can of beer into my car which naturally exploded upon impact with my dash and windshield. They then immediately veered off an off ramp trying to get away. Once I got over the shock of the loud BANG & figured out why I was covered in beer, I turned up the ramp and pursued them. Needless to say, they weren't going to get away. As I had a cell I called 911 and reported that I was in pursuit of some hoodlums that had vandalized my car & the police did eventually show up once I had them essentially trapped in a business parking lot but not before one of the criminals had tried to get out of their car and "come at me" but was still 20-30 feet away. A quick revving of my engine and lurching the car in his direction made him abandon his "bright" idea and get back in his car which is when the police showed up.... thankfully.

I was insistent on pressing charges but the officers simply would not write it up since there was no sustained damage to my car (no broken glass as it was a can of beer and nothing visible other than dried up beer all over the interior). I also realize that they have REAL criminals that they need to be pursuing so I let it go but wished to this day that I had at LEAST forced those 2 clown kids to show up in court with their parents to explain their actions so it's not just a thing from these days. Crap like this has been going on for YEARS. There is just a certain category of people who are going to hate no matter what...

Jaguar1611 (06-11-2018)
Old 06-11-2018, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by ndabunka
Some 25 years ago I was enjoying a sunny day driving down the interstate with the top off my '87 vette. Traffic slowed to a crawl and I was flowing with traffic so wasn't passing anyone and we were going about 20MPH when a BMW with 20-somethings decided to toss a can of beer into my car which naturally exploded upon impact with my dash and windshield. They then immediately veered off an off ramp trying to get away. Once I got over the shock of the loud BANG & figured out why I was covered in beer, I turned up the ramp and pursued them. Needless to say, they weren't going to get away. As I had a cell I called 911 and reported that I was in pursuit of some hoodlums that had vandalized my car & the police did eventually show up once I had them essentially trapped in a business parking lot but not before one of the criminals had tried to get out of their car and "come at me" but was still 20-30 feet away. A quick revving of my engine and lurching the car in his direction made him abandon his "bright" idea and get back in his car which is when the police showed up.... thankfully.

I was insistent on pressing charges but the officers simply would not write it up since there was no sustained damage to my car (no broken glass as it was a can of beer and nothing visible other than dried up beer all over the interior). I also realize that they have REAL criminals that they need to be pursuing so I let it go but wished to this day that I had at LEAST forced those 2 clown kids to show up in court with their parents to explain their actions so it's not just a thing from these days. Crap like this has been going on for YEARS. There is just a certain category of people who are going to hate no matter what...

It's sad the category of those kind of people is growing....

Old 06-11-2018, 12:05 PM
Received 128 Likes on 91 Posts

It's sad the category of those kind of people is growing....
It appears to be.

Some look at my car and probably think 'entitled rich guy didn't earn it'... People immediately pass judgement.

It didn't occur to them that not having children saves a fortune, and I'm a lot more like them than they assume.

The following 2 users liked this post by 15FTypeR:
Jaguar1611 (06-11-2018), PBBarb (06-11-2018)
Old 06-11-2018, 01:51 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

So sorry to hear this. Lesson learned- for you and me. I frequently park away from other cars, and need to be better about making it less obvious. It seems that more younger folks than before do equate possessions with luck rather than hard work. F Types probably look more "rich" than almost anything on the road. Extreme beauty can invite all kinds of feelings in people- some bad.

Old 06-11-2018, 02:22 PM
Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

I'm sure the parents had no idea they were out and about, let alone being a$$hole$.
Love the car

ndabunka (06-11-2018)
Old 06-11-2018, 06:12 PM
Received 81 Likes on 35 Posts

Luckily I have not had a similar experience in the Jag. However, I had a new Pontiac GTO back in '05 that was the victim of some teenaged delinquents. I had just pulled out of my neighborhood onto the main road when I heard a couple of LOUD thumps from the right front of the car. I pulled over at the first opportunity and found a couple of big, golf-ball-sized dents, one in the door and one in the front fender. I guessed what had happened because it occurred just as I was going over a small bridge where Beavis, Butthead, and friends usually hung out. I turned around and went back home (as expected, I saw no sign of the brats). The GTO was loud; I knew they would hear me cruising around looking for them, so I left the car at home and rode back on my bike. Sure enough, they were milling around beside the bridge. They denied it of course. I paid a visit to the ringleader's deadbeat Dad next day, but, again, the kid denied it. Not a whole lot I could do at that point (juveniles and no witnesses), but it was satisfying to let them know that I knew they had done it.

Jaguar1611 (06-12-2018)
Old 06-11-2018, 06:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

No bad experiences, sorry to hear it, but I'd err on the side of caution these days with pursuit and confrontation.

Jaguar1611 (06-12-2018)
Old 06-11-2018, 08:40 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Haters gonna hate. Comes with the territory, brothers.

Old 06-11-2018, 10:30 PM
Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts

I saw two black kids and two white girls
Crappy thing to have happen, but why is the race of the people relevant to this story?

Old 06-11-2018, 11:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 156 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackPenquinn

Crappy thing to have happen, but why is the race of the people relevant to this story?
He was simply setting the scene & didn't bring race into it (e.g. nothing derogatory about race what-so-ever. He just presented the facts). You appear to be the one attempting to interject race into the discussion

Jaguar1611 (06-12-2018)
Old 06-12-2018, 07:01 AM

He was simply setting the scene & didn't bring race into it (e.g. nothing derogatory about race what-so-ever. He just presented the facts).
The OP brought up the race of the people involved, not me. I quoted their exact language.
When you talk about the events of your day to family and friends, do you always “set the scene with facts” by noting the race of the people involved, or only when its a crime? I’m curious, because I don’t.

Do you refer to your mechanic as “your mechanic”, or “your (Black, Chinese, White etc, etc) mechanic”? My guess is you don’t, and if you do, you likely don’t need to.

Things we needed to know in order to have the scene set for a story about a bottle being thrown, according to the OP:

Dressed like tramps
smoking dope
throwing cups
And their race??

Old 06-12-2018, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by BlackPenquinn

The OP brought up the race of the people involved, not me. I quoted their exact language.
When you talk about the events of your day to family and friends, do you always “set the scene with facts” by noting the race of the people involved, or only when its a crime? I’m curious, because I don’t.

Do you refer to your mechanic as “your mechanic”, or “your (Black, Chinese, White etc, etc) mechanic”? My guess is you don’t, and if you do, you likely don’t need to.

Things we needed to know in order to have the scene set for a story about a bottle being thrown, according to the OP:

Dressed like tramps
smoking dope
throwing cups
And their race??
It's My story. I was there. I stated the facts. Girls dressed like tramps makes me sad/angry...their father's don't love them enough and they don't respect themselves. I HATE Drugs. People littering is pathetic. If it had been two white guys and two white girls I would have stated that. Facts are simple. Move along....

ndabunka (06-12-2018)
Old 06-12-2018, 07:53 AM

“Just stating the facts”, yet strangely you didn’t feel compelled to expound on:
Their hieght, the colour of length of their hair, the color of their clothes, their wieght or any number of other things that could describe who they are.

You only pointed out the the things that made them seem undesirable (tramps, literer’s (not a real word), dope smokers).

The race of the individuals involved is a fact. Your choice to make it a part your story telling is a CHOICE, because it has really nothing to do with what happened. It was part of your decision to characterize the individuals as “people you wanted no part of”.

Do you really always note people’s race in your story telling?

Quick Reply: Glass Bottle Thrown at Me/Jag