F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Group Buy - 30% off Velocity AP Exhaust!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 07:10 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Old 09-28-2017, 09:05 AM

Got my exhaust Monday and installed the same night. Probably took me 45 mins -hour to install.

I wish Jaguar installed something like this from the factory. Simply amazing. Intensifies the sound and pops/ crackles/ burble over the stock exhaust.

Only problem is I had to run out and grab a foot of extra vacuum line as the aftermarket canisters point outward instead of upwards like the OEMs were.

Thanks Stuart.

Old 09-29-2017, 02:37 PM
Received 236 Likes on 173 Posts

Good to know the sound does not disappoint.

When installing, do we need to pull the rear diffuser, or can it pull down and forward? Mine arrived but is in the shop getting the tips coated, haven't had a chance to look at the install process...

Old 09-29-2017, 03:05 PM

I wanted to coat my tips gloss black but couldn't wait. Easy install. Might ceramic coat them over the winter.

Drop all 4 exhaust hangers and if you want like I did drop the x pipe hanger to make things easier. Unbolt the 2 exhaust clamps. Unhook the vacuum lines. As far the the diffuser all you really need to do is remove only 3 bolts on each side just so you can drop the exhaust tips through them. No need to remove the whole diffuser. I mean you could but it's not necessary.

Enjoy.

Old 10-05-2017, 08:00 PM
Default Getting close to install...

Things are getting sexy now, just got the VAP system back from the coating shop....

Attached Thumbnails Group Buy -  30% off Velocity AP Exhaust!-img_5428.jpg   Group Buy -  30% off Velocity AP Exhaust!-img_5426.jpg  
The following 3 users liked this post by Chawumba:
JgaXkr (10-06-2017), jrodrg (02-05-2018), Stuart@VelocityAP (10-05-2017)
Old 10-05-2017, 11:30 PM
Received 153 Likes on 104 Posts

^^^ That's going to look great 👍🏻

Old 11-09-2017, 07:48 PM
Default Review of Velocity AP Valvetronic Exhaust from the Group Buy

So I wanted to write a quick review of the VAP valvetronic exhaust Stuart was kind enough to offer the group buy on. Would have written it sooner, but there were days lost getting the system coated and then my car was at the dealer for some minor warranty work and then I needed some free time to install. Anyways, now that its on the car and I’ve lived with it for a bit, I thought I’d share my unbiased review of the system:
1) Sound:
I doubt anyone could be disappointed with the sound of this system. In quiet mode, under normal/light acceleration, it’s much like stock quiet mode, with slight improvement to the sound, a hint of growl, and some subdued pops and crackles. Not really louder, just a tad better sound.
In loud mode, things get interesting. As others have said, it’s an enhancement of the sound - part muscle car mixed with a bit of exotic. Really fits the personality of the car. A bit louder, but that is not the primary effect, it’s really a dramatic improvement of the sound. More pops and crackles, but also more of an evil growl - just what I was hoping for.

Now many folks are totally satisfied with the factory system, and there is no doubt it sounds excellent – outside the car. But this is why I got the system: my car is a coupe, and I find I’m always driving with the windows at least partially down. With the stock system, in quiet mode I heard no exhaust sounds, and in loud mode I just heard a muffled growl. With the VAP system, you get a much richer experience inside the cabin, at least in loud mode. In quiet mode, you hear just a hint of sound. For me, that’s exactly what I was hoping for. So I give the system top ratings for sound.

2) Appearance:
Tips: So this may be even more subjective than sound, but I think the tips are perfect – bigger than stock, they really fill up the exhaust tip opening and they are just the right length. The angle cut looks cool and it has an expensive look to it. I think this is how the car should have come stock. Oh and no matter what exhaust you have, do yourself a favor and get the tips ceramic coated black – looks great with every F type color.

Muffler can: I have to deduct a few points here. The can sits a tad lower, and a bit too far forward. And it is not as wide and the factory system – so it sits in the middle of a wider space and well, looks aftermarket. Especially in shinny stainless steel. I solved this at least partially by painting the rest of the system black (originally I just had the tips ceramic coated by a local shop – should have had them do the whole thing.) Painting it makes it barely noticeable, and even then to see the muffler you are 15 feet or more behind the car, so it’s not a huge deal.

3) Weight – VAP system is a legit 8-10 pounds lighter than factory system. Noticable on a 3800 pound car? No, but the cumulative effect of this and other weight saving measures (e.g. delete eco battery, lighter wheels, engine cover delete, etc) may help a little.
4) Fit/finish/quality:
Easy to install, if you have ramps and basic tools, you can do this in 30 mins or less. I bolted mine up and the tips sit perfectly centered, so high marks on alignment/fit. As for the system, the bends and welds appear to be smooth and professionally done. Too bad we need to cover up all that beautiful stainless steel for aesthetics reasons, but at least we know the system will last. Another consideration regarding fitment, apparently some F type coupes have an extra brace around the differential like the convertibles do. If you decide to try one of these systems on your car I’d recommend shooting a picture of the differential and sending it to Stuart so you can select the proper model for your particular vehicle. Seems to be no rhyme or reason to it, some coupes have it, some don’t.

Final verdict: Very nice system overall, with only the smallest nits to pick. It is one of the few systems I’d be willing to put on my f type, and for me the adjustability is important so for now its really the only game in town. Those that wear Nomex suits and flame proof underwear on their drive to work may want a louder system, but most will be impressed with this simple axle back system.

The following 3 users liked this post by Chawumba:
CaptainHam (10-26-2018), DJS (11-10-2017), jrodrg (02-05-2018)
Old 11-09-2017, 10:30 PM
Received 822 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by Chawumba
So I wanted to write a quick review of the VAP valvetronic exhaust Stuart was kind enough to offer the group buy on. Would have written it sooner, but there were days lost getting the system coated and then my car was at the dealer for some minor warranty work and then I needed some free time to install. Anyways, now that its on the car and I’ve lived with it for a bit, I thought I’d share my unbiased review of the system:
1) Sound:
I doubt anyone could be disappointed with the sound of this system. In quiet mode, under normal/light acceleration, it’s much like stock quiet mode, with slight improvement to the sound, a hint of growl, and some subdued pops and crackles. Not really louder, just a tad better sound.
In loud mode, things get interesting. As others have said, it’s an enhancement of the sound - part muscle car mixed with a bit of exotic. Really fits the personality of the car. A bit louder, but that is not the primary effect, it’s really a dramatic improvement of the sound. More pops and crackles, but also more of an evil growl - just what I was hoping for.

Now many folks are totally satisfied with the factory system, and there is no doubt it sounds excellent – outside the car. But this is why I got the system: my car is a coupe, and I find I’m always driving with the windows at least partially down. With the stock system, in quiet mode I heard no exhaust sounds, and in loud mode I just heard a muffled growl. With the VAP system, you get a much richer experience inside the cabin, at least in loud mode. In quiet mode, you hear just a hint of sound. For me, that’s exactly what I was hoping for. So I give the system top ratings for sound.

2) Appearance:
Tips: So this may be even more subjective than sound, but I think the tips are perfect – bigger than stock, they really fill up the exhaust tip opening and they are just the right length. The angle cut looks cool and it has an expensive look to it. I think this is how the car should have come stock. Oh and no matter what exhaust you have, do yourself a favor and get the tips ceramic coated black – looks great with every F type color.

Muffler can: I have to deduct a few points here. The can sits a tad lower, and a bit too far forward. And it is not as wide and the factory system – so it sits in the middle of a wider space and well, looks aftermarket. Especially in shinny stainless steel. I solved this at least partially by painting the rest of the system black (originally I just had the tips ceramic coated by a local shop – should have had them do the whole thing.) Painting it makes it barely noticeable, and even then to see the muffler you are 15 feet or more behind the car, so it’s not a huge deal.

3) Weight – VAP system is a legit 8-10 pounds lighter than factory system. Noticable on a 3800 pound car? No, but the cumulative effect of this and other weight saving measures (e.g. delete eco battery, lighter wheels, engine cover delete, etc) may help a little.
4) Fit/finish/quality:
Easy to install, if you have ramps and basic tools, you can do this in 30 mins or less. I bolted mine up and the tips sit perfectly centered, so high marks on alignment/fit. As for the system, the bends and welds appear to be smooth and professionally done. Too bad we need to cover up all that beautiful stainless steel for aesthetics reasons, but at least we know the system will last. Another consideration regarding fitment, apparently some F type coupes have an extra brace around the differential like the convertibles do. If you decide to try one of these systems on your car I’d recommend shooting a picture of the differential and sending it to Stuart so you can select the proper model for your particular vehicle. Seems to be no rhyme or reason to it, some coupes have it, some don’t.

Final verdict: Very nice system overall, with only the smallest nits to pick. It is one of the few systems I’d be willing to put on my f type, and for me the adjustability is important so for now its really the only game in town. Those that wear Nomex suits and flame proof underwear on their drive to work may want a louder system, but most will be impressed with this simple axle back system.
Thank-you very much for taking the time to write such an in-depth review. Really appreciate it.

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 11-10-2017, 09:16 AM
Default Couple pics of system installed

Sorry second shot was getting dark, but you can still sort of see how the muffler can sits in the center under the car, not horrible, but not as tight to the body as the factory system.

Attached Thumbnails Group Buy -  30% off Velocity AP Exhaust!-img_5544.jpg   Group Buy -  30% off Velocity AP Exhaust!-img_5550.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
jrodrg (02-05-2018)
Old 11-10-2017, 02:22 PM
Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Chawumba
Sorry second shot was getting dark, but you can still sort of see how the muffler can sits in the center under the car, not horrible, but not as tight to the body as the factory system.
Now let's hear it!

Old 11-15-2017, 12:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,637 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Any of you boys that took advantage of the VAP V8 exhaust sale have an OEM V8 muffler you want to sell?

Old 02-01-2018, 05:23 PM

Another group buy is active, need 5 people looks like we have 4 committments:

Coupon code FTYPEVALVEDGB

www.velocityap.com

Old 02-01-2018, 05:45 PM
Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

is possible to mount the v8 exhaust on the v6 ? it's easy to do without engine light

and also is possibile to continue to use the exhaust button on the console open close

Old 02-01-2018, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by indietor
is possible to mount the v8 exhaust on the v6 ? it's easy to do without engine light

and also is possibile to continue to use the exhaust button on the console open close
Yes, but you would have to change the rear valance to accommodate the quad tips.

No issue with engine lights and it would still work on the active button.

www.velocityap.com

Old 02-01-2018, 06:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 590 Likes on 317 Posts

Any plans of doing a system for the 4 pot Stuart

Old 02-01-2018, 06:12 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by indietor
Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Yes, but you would have to change the rear valance to accommodate the quad tips.
No issue with engine lights and it would still work on the active button.
Indietor, this is exactly what I plan to do.

indietor (02-02-2018)
Old 02-01-2018, 07:01 PM
Received 101 Likes on 71 Posts

Stuart i so want your exhaust on my R but live in the uk as you know, if i jump on this can i still get the same deal through David Appleby's??

Old 02-01-2018, 08:20 PM
Received 135 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Another group buy is active, need 5 people looks like we have 4 committments:

Coupon code FTYPEVALVEDGB

I ordered mine earlier today... step up guys!

Old 02-01-2018, 09:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 640 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by MI-FType
I ordered mine earlier today... step up guys!
I'd love to swing by and hear this when you get it on!

MI-FType (02-02-2018)
Old 02-02-2018, 06:45 AM
Veteran Member

Stuart,
For some reason the discount code is coming up invalid for me.