F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

InControl Apps & USB Connectivity

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2023, 05:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default InControl Apps & USB Connectivity

Hi All - just purchased a 2017 P300 F-Type. Great car but tech integration seems very buggy (at best). I have sucessfully connected my iPhone 11 by bluetooth OK - and this gets me calls and access to music but only as a long list. I use play lists and also listen to a lot of podcasts so decided to install InControl Apps. After many attempts (new Apple USB cable included) finally got it to connect, but then it disconnected and everytime tells me to connect a compatible device even though I have one connected. Spoke to Jag and they suggested forgetting all devices and trying again. I did. It worked, until I took a phone call and now its disconnected again and I can't connect. Anyone else seen this?

Old 03-08-2023, 07:53 AM
Received 190 Likes on 111 Posts

I would upgrade to the UAD IDCORE unit and use CarPlay.

Old 03-08-2023, 08:23 AM
Received 364 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by pault1607
Hi All - just purchased a 2017 P300 F-Type. Great car but tech integration seems very buggy (at best). I have sucessfully connected my iPhone 11 by bluetooth OK - and this gets me calls and access to music but only as a long list. I use play lists and also listen to a lot of podcasts so decided to install InControl Apps. After many attempts (new Apple USB cable included) finally got it to connect, but then it disconnected and everytime tells me to connect a compatible device even though I have one connected. Spoke to Jag and they suggested forgetting all devices and trying again. I did. It worked, until I took a phone call and now its disconnected again and I can't connect. Anyone else seen this?
In Control Apps has long been discontinued for support. It was a very failed attempt by Jaguar to offer some sort of in car entertainment and application support. 3rd party companies, like IDCORE/Unique Auto Development/Navislink have come to resolve this for the owners, however requires the purchase and installation of hardware to allow connections like Apple CarPlay or Android Auto compatibility. My personal preference and experience with UAD as been incredible, so it is who I recommend, as already mentioned.

Installation is not terrible, costs is about $600-700USD depending on model year and functionality is excellent. Here is a YouTube video I put out a while back to go over the user interface and what is possible:

I am able to still use the factory head unit like normal for bluetooth or radio (when needed). I can also connect USB drives or run full screen apps using mirroring if desired.

The following users liked this post: