F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Incredible weekend drive gave new appreciation for the car

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 11:04 AM
Received 227 Likes on 172 Posts
Default Incredible weekend drive gave new appreciation for the car

Took the F Type on a few hundred mile drive this weekend as part of a meet and greet for a BMW club I still belong to as an alumni member.

We drove from NorCal down to San Luis Obispo/Paso Robles/Lake Nacimiento and part of the weekend meet up included a drive through the twisty back roads in the region. Most of the cars there were BMW's, mainly the higher end and M variants, and those that weren't M cars were often fairly heavily modified. The Jag more than held its own, it was simply superb in the twisties and driving with the roof down on a beautiful Spring day just added to the experience. I'm obviously biased, but the car to me (and many others there) was arguably the best looking and best sounding of the thirty or so there , folks were asking to take videos of the exhaust note and they took a ton of pics of the car.

Just a great weekend with a great car and a great bunch of fellow car guys who also had wonderful cars. No one drove like an idiot, we had a ton of fun at reasonably same speeds, but the car was just so beautifully balanced and such fun to drive along the winding country roads. I truly got a renewed appreciation for what Jaguar intended this car to be, it worked as a GT for me and my wife to drive there and back and it worked as a sports car when I did the harder driving (without my wife, as she was visiting our daughter who goes to school in SLO).

I am so happy with this car. It's just a great, great machine and like other owners here I'm very privileged to have one and drive one.

Old 03-17-2014, 11:10 AM
GGG
Received 16,800 Likes on 12,169 Posts

Originally Posted by swajames
.........folks were asking to take videos of the exhaust note and they took a ton of pics of the car. .........
Sounds a great drive. Where are the pics?

I only rarely get an opportunity to use that one!

Graham

Old 03-17-2014, 11:43 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is a great area for driving the back roads. My wife and I are up there every couple months and love the drive. The only problem is my wife will get car sick if I am too aggressive in the turns. I learned that the hard way.

Old 03-17-2014, 10:31 PM
Received 227 Likes on 172 Posts

I'm going to have to get pics from others - I actually didn't take any!