Sponsored by:

It's good to be bad, again!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 12:03 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 926 Likes on 607 Posts

Originally Posted by sparky fuze
Have you considered this "R" car? https://www.autotrader.ca/a/jaguar/f...0044278927706/

They are describing it as "new" yet the listing shows it with 1,274 KM. You may be able to haggle the price down to under $90K Cdn.
Not interested. If the dealer has it advertised as "New" with 1,274 kms they are lying--not a good way to start off a car buying relationship. With 1,274 kms it is either demo, customer return, or Corporate press car with the in-service date active. Definitely not a new car. I don't know why new car dealerships do this--do they think people are generally stupid. I'm very disappointed with the management at the dealership I had an agreement with. I'm not going to chase any cars. If a good opportunity comes my way I'll look at it.

Last edited by DGL; 01-08-2019 at 12:16 PM.
Old 01-08-2019, 12:37 PM
Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by superwuhan33
Best of luck finding another car.

My Jag dealer is also very bad. We had some disagreements and I had everything documented on paper. In the end my dealer said it was a typo.
Jaguar dealers can do many things and Jaguar corporate doesn't have a lot of control over them.
mind if i ask who you dealer is? thanks

Old 01-29-2019, 06:09 PM
Received 169 Likes on 107 Posts

Just some random musings for DGL...

Circa a year ago MY 2017 SVR's were being discounted down to around $90K US dollars. (I realize a few buyers probably got slightly better deals through family of dealers etc. and perhaps the bottom was $85K US or so.)
Today's US-CAN dollar exchange rate via google is $1.33 CAN for every US dollar. Thus that same $90K US translates to $119,700 CAN dollars.

Here is a MY 2018 SVR in Canada listed for $119,900 with 141 Km's on it. It does not have the CCB, but seems otherwise well optioned. https://www.autotrader.ca/a/jaguar/f...%203A8&sprx=-1

So is this car a similarly good deal to what all the USA buyers that purchased about a year ago got?

Old 01-29-2019, 09:00 PM
Received 87 Likes on 57 Posts

I know the specific car very well. The dealer is local to me and have tried to sell it to me as well (I prefer the R for personal reasons) and recently told me it was sold to someone on the east coast.

I did consider it as the price was good and I was intrigued by the Prince Harry connection.

sorry to hear your experience as I always found them to be friendly and honest.

good luck finding something else.

Old 01-30-2019, 04:15 PM
DGL
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Fjmviper
I know the specific car very well. The dealer is local to me and have tried to sell it to me as well (I prefer the R for personal reasons) and recently told me it was sold to someone on the east coast.

I did consider it as the price was good and I was intrigued by the Prince Harry connection.

sorry to hear your experience as I always found them to be friendly and honest.

good luck finding something else.

The deal I made with the GM was $106,000, no CPO. The car was advertised for $119,000 including CPO. 24 hours before signing off on the PPI the GM emails me saying he will not release the CPO inspection report or service history. This information was promised to me. The GM said because I don't want the CPO and because the car only had 900kms there was no reason to provide the reports. I believe this was his way to frustrate the deal so he could sell it for greater profit--not cool. The CPO inspection report and service history was important. The car was used in the invictus games track challenge and driven hard in 2017. Over 1 year later the car, if properly maintained should have the oil changed, especially after 900kms of hard track time. I wanted to see the tire tread wear and brake pad wear in the CPO inspection report. The information was promised to me and it was a reasonable request given the hard history of the car.

I emailed the GM and out of frustration told him to return my deposit. The next day the car was sold. I surmise he had someone else to buy the car at a higher price and the GM intentionally frustrated me to the point of not wanting to deal with him. I think the GM knew exactly what he was doing and had a more favorable offering in the waiting. This is poor leadership and I'm sure such tactics will poison his organization.

When I first called about the car the sales lady was quick to say Prince Harry drove the car in the invictus games thinking it would help to get a more money for the car. I researched the researched car. Youtube has several videos of the car being driven hard by many drivers. Prince Harry was a passenger in one of the track events. The video also shows the rear bumper was smashed. This backfired on the sales lady and she was not going to pull the wool over my eyes. Of course, she denied knowing of the track challenge.

I wrote up a poor review on google for the dealership. The dealership has many other poor reviews with only a 4.1 rating.

Last edited by DGL; 01-30-2019 at 04:31 PM.
Old 06-03-2019, 02:24 PM

Have you found the right car yet DGL? Are you still looking?

Last edited by sparky fuze; 06-03-2019 at 02:27 PM.
Old 06-04-2019, 05:44 AM
DGL
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by sparky fuze
Have you found the right car yet DGL? Are you still looking?
Sparky, after the last deal fell through I became skeptical of dealerships. Especially Jaguar dealerships. I've caught a few in a number of lies. Personally, I like the MB AMG GT-C, but it is only rear wheel drive. I've been looking since December, but have not come across a great deal for a car with the options I want. I'm in no hurry...

Old 06-04-2019, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by DGL
Sparky, after the last deal fell through I became skeptical of dealerships. Especially Jaguar dealerships. I've caught a few in a number of lies. Personally, I like the MB AMG GT-C, but it is only rear wheel drive. I've been looking since December, but have not come across a great deal for a car with the options I want. I'm in no hurry...
You may have noticed this one... https://wwwb.autotrader.ca/a/jaguar/...%203A8&sprx=-1

You are quite correct to be very wary of JLR dealers, including the one selling this P7. They have finally dropped the listed price on this P7 from $350K to ~$196.6K, which is much closer to the original MSRP at launch, of ~$188K Can.

Although the P7 certainly is not a year-round driver, it makes for an interesting garage piece. The P7 is still too new to be increasing in value, but on the same hand I don't believe they have dropped in value like most other cars in it's class. It might just be worth the gamble of buying, enjoying, and then flipping in another 5 or 6 six years.