F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Knuckle, seal damaged

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2023, 06:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Knuckle, seal damaged

Hi, I have the seal/rubber of the front knuckle which is damaged.
Not sure how could have happened.

What that can cause to the jag? (i have 2015 jag f-type r)

thanks

Old 04-02-2023, 07:05 PM

The wheel of that suspension has a story.
I left my jag to the dealerships for about 6 months till they completed the job they had to do.

After about 3 months, during one of my many follow up at the dealership, I saw my jag parked outside with the front right tire totally flat. In the prior 3 months at the dealership the tire never had problems and furthermore neither when I had the jag at home.

The service manager liquidated me saying that was normal because winter time, “always happens”. I did push back and told them to inflate the tire and take care of that. They inflated the tire then I left.

After a few weeks, they called me to ask me if I wanted to replace the rim because it had a crack and that was the reason why was leaking.

I asked if they took a pothole or a curb while testing my jag because I never had such an issue. They always deny that but I’m pretty positive that they damaged the rim somehow.

Originally Posted by mario.ori
Hi, I have the seal/rubber of the front knuckle which is damaged.
Not sure how could have happened.

What that can cause to the jag? (i have 2015 jag f-type r)

thanks

Old 04-02-2023, 07:18 PM

when the jag was ready for pick-up they also told me that they replaced the right front tire (at no cost for me) because they damaged it while driving around (i m assuming they shredded the tire while driving around ignoring the low pressure message on the dash)…

Originally Posted by mario.ori
The wheel of that suspension has a story.
I left my jag to the dealerships for about 6 months till they completed the job they had to do.

After about 3 months, during one of my many follow up at the dealership, I saw my jag parked outside with the front right tire totally flat. In the prior 3 months at the dealership the tire never had problems and furthermore neither when I had the jag at home.

The service manager liquidated me saying that was normal because winter time, “always happens”. I did push back and told them to inflate the tire and take care of that. They inflated the tire then I left.

After a few weeks, they called me to ask me if I wanted to replace the rim because it had a crack and that was the reason why was leaking.

I asked if they took a pothole or a curb while testing my jag because I never had such an issue. They always deny that but I’m pretty positive that they damaged the rim somehow.

Last edited by mario.ori; 04-02-2023 at 07:20 PM.