F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More blower noise

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 01:43 PM
Received 148 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Tel
Seems like Mina, Kazcorp, Velocity AP to name but a few, have looked at the feasibility of producing post MAF tubing, but no one seems to want to take the 'bull by the horns'...guess it boils down to cost and potential low sales volume?

Maybe it will take a 'Group Buy' to get the ball rolling?

Thoughts....?
Has zero relation to cost..the market is present and it'll sell!!

Our main issue: We need a car in shop to remove the entire system and fabricate from scratch. Being the system is plastic and has flex, sending in cores to mock up will not work(creates huge fitment issues). If we get our hands on a F-Type 3.0/5.0, we could design that kit BUT that "kit" would not fit anything else. Ex: The 3.0 F-Type system will NOT fit a 5.0 F-Type system. So each model/engine platform would need to roll through our shop doors to design (same goes for a 3.0 F-Type to a 3.0 XE, XF, XJ..etc, most of all are different).

Sooooo, if anyone is willing to send us their ride, we'll design the kit

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited
214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, BC
Canada V0H 1T9
Office Tel: (250) 485-5126
www.VelocityAP.com
Tuning@VelocityAP.com

Old 03-01-2019, 04:46 PM
Received 240 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Tuning@VelocityAP

Our main issue: We need a car in shop to remove the entire system and fabricate from scratch. Being the system is plastic and has flex, sending in cores to mock up will not work(creates huge fitment issues). If we get our hands on a F-Type 3.0/5.0, we could design that kit BUT that "kit" would not fit anything else. Ex: The 3.0 F-Type system will NOT fit a 5.0 F-Type system. So each model/engine platform would need to roll through our shop doors to design (same goes for a 3.0 F-Type to a 3.0 XE, XF, XJ..etc, most of all are different).

You don't have an F-Type as a development car? That's odd

Old 03-01-2019, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Tel
Seems like Mina, Kazcorp, Velocity AP to name but a few, have looked at the feasibility of producing post MAF tubing, but no one seems to want to take the 'bull by the horns'...guess it boils down to cost and potential low sales volume?

Maybe it will take a 'Group Buy' to get the ball rolling?

Thoughts....?

I had a great laugh... first time I ever read of Kazcorp and you grouped it with real companies.

I gave drawing and dimensions in the past to a few people in the group to make their own intake silencer deletes, there is no point making them commercially for a $70.00 kit and looking at $10.00 each in profit for maybe... 10 units?

Old 03-01-2019, 04:52 PM

Christopher.... the intake for the V6 and V8 are interchangeable... one intake fitting is all you need ;-)

Old 03-01-2019, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by FType17
You don't have an F-Type as a development car? That's odd
Well..not many ppl willingly jump on the wagon to drive an F-Type in good old Canadian Winter.

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, BC
Canada V0H 1T9
www.VelocityAP.com
Tuning@VelocityAP.com

Old 03-01-2019, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by FType17
Christopher.... the intake for the V6 and V8 are interchangeable... one intake fitting is all you need ;-)
If you say so..

I've looked into this thoroughly and the F-Type 3.0+5.0 systems do share some parts, but not all.

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, BC
Canada V0H 1T9
www.VelocityAP.com
Tuning@VelocityAP.com

Old 03-02-2019, 11:06 AM

If you say so..

I've looked into this thoroughly and the F-Type 3.0+5.0 systems do share some parts, but not all.
While I know for a fact that the custom intake that is on my Vengenance (V6) is identical to the one on the Incubus (V8) I drove to the shop where I keep the OEM ones to match up parts...

The Y Pipe in front of the throttle body is part # C2D23239 (same on both)

What your research failed to highlight is that the AWD and RWD (Not V6and V8) are very slightly different but one developed for AWD fits RWD quite well if you leave allowances for about 5mm on two couplers per side... I guess owning the two models helps greatly ;-) And, your you are welcome ;-)

Old 03-02-2019, 11:18 AM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

If anybody is interested in a complete replacement that will produce significant more blower noise, I have created a solution. I am a small one man show so I can't produce anything commercially tho .

I have a few videos available on a facebook group. I'm not sure the rules on sharing the group so I will not until and admin can clarify that for me.

Old 03-02-2019, 12:43 PM
Received 119 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Colecat
If anybody is interested in a complete replacement that will produce significant more blower noise, I have created a solution. I am a small one man show so I can't produce anything commercially tho .

I have a few videos available on a facebook group. I'm not sure the rules on sharing the group so I will not until and admin can clarify that for me.
I am definitely interested. What's your Facebook name, I would love to check it out.

Old 03-02-2019, 12:49 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

https://www.facebook.com/cole.hagertwo

Old 03-02-2019, 12:54 PM

https://www.facebook.com/cole.hagertwo
sent you a message on facebook.

Old 03-02-2019, 01:11 PM
Tel
Received 232 Likes on 143 Posts

Yes, from over this side of the pond, but I'm not a Faceplant goer.

Old 03-02-2019, 06:06 PM
Received 56 Likes on 35 Posts

Well..not many ppl willingly jump on the wagon to drive an F-Type in good old Canadian Winter.
where in Canada are you and how long would you need the F Type for?

ignore the first half of that, looked it up -- way too far from me right now -- second half still stands, maybe someone else would be willing to part with their car for a few weeks.

Old 10-02-2022, 11:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Reviving thread because am very interested in any new developments to the ongoing journey to increase the blower/whine for the F-Type.

I am wanting Hellcat levels of whine from the British cat and it seems difficult to obtain even with all these mods.

Old 10-02-2022, 11:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,114 Likes on 2,297 Posts

Originally Posted by Ojeii
Reviving thread because am very interested in any new developments to the ongoing journey to increase the blower/whine for the F-Type.

I am wanting Hellcat levels of whine from the British cat and it seems difficult to obtain even with all these mods.
The main "problem" is that the Hellcat uses a different supercharger - a Whipple - than the F-Type R which uses an Eaton TVS R1900.
The Whipple is inherently a noisy/whiny supercharger while the Eaton TVS was specifically designed to be quiet.

Old 10-02-2022, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by OzXFR
The main "problem" is that the Hellcat uses a different supercharger - a Whipple - than the F-Type R which uses an Eaton TVS R1900.
The Whipple is inherently a noisy/whiny supercharger while the Eaton TVS was specifically designed to be quiet.

Gotcha, that makes sense. Most of this thread was going over my head.

Found this kit https://www.fosterscmods.com/products/new-sku-246

Probably mentioned elsewhere in the forum but they make kits for other supercharged cars like some Mustangs. Basically it's a hose that connects from the inlet MAF housing to the firewall in the cabin. Holes are drilled to achieve this. It's a little of a janky ghetto setup but the result is basically direct whine coming into the cabin.

I am inclined to try this install. I know Sal's garage has done the install too.

I do want a mod that would increase whine on the outside too though because from what I understand this shouldn't affect the noise from the outside. Maybe like 2% because it is creating another outlet.

Old 10-03-2022, 06:38 AM

Get a Mina gallery full intake and you will hear all the supercharger whine you want.

The following users liked this post:
djyankees31 (10-03-2022)
Old 10-03-2022, 07:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,114 Likes on 2,297 Posts

Originally Posted by Terrance39
Get a Mina gallery full intake and you will hear all the supercharger whine you want.
That's the problem, he does have a Mina system (well at least the effective part, the lower system) but he is getting very little extra SC whine, and so far it's a mystery why not, see this thread: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...-whine-263444/

Old 10-03-2022, 08:24 AM

Well I have the full intake. Well I have the Mina upper and yellow wolf lower and my supercharger screams.

The following users liked this post:
djyankees31 (10-03-2022)
Old 10-03-2022, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Terrance39
Well I have the full intake. Well I have the Mina upper and yellow wolf lower and my supercharger screams.
I think the yellow wolf intake was more effective at bringing out the whine than Mina. Someone at Mina also mentioned that there are a few silencers in the upper intake system too so replacing that will bring more whine. Only problem is doing so will not be able to install the hose mod I linked above which will definitely bring more whine in the cabin.