F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More blower noise

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 08:32 AM
Received 127 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by alphakinase
Sounds great dude. Love how consistent the times are.
Yes first run: 11.1@126 (engine cooled for an hour prior to running, Vmax mode, suspension soft, gearbox normal, left lane)
Second run: 11.26@126 (Vmax mode, suspension soft, gearbox normal, right lane)
Third run: 11.37@124 (snow mode, left lane)
Fourth run: 11.36@126mph (Vmax mode, suspension hard, gearbox normal, left lane)

Very consistent, but you can see as the car heat soaks, it slows down, first run best!

Old 10-19-2018, 02:49 PM

David Appleby did some testing an SVR, gained 15HP:
Shop-David Appleby Engineering

Old 10-19-2018, 03:24 PM
Received 822 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by Gibbo205
Yes first run: 11.1@126 (engine cooled for an hour prior to running, Vmax mode, suspension soft, gearbox normal, left lane)
Second run: 11.26@126 (Vmax mode, suspension soft, gearbox normal, right lane)
Third run: 11.37@124 (snow mode, left lane)
Fourth run: 11.36@126mph (Vmax mode, suspension hard, gearbox normal, left lane)

Very consistent, but you can see as the car heat soaks, it slows down, first run best!
I very rarely push people that hard to modify their under warranty cars, we're pretty up front about the risks & so on and people need to be comfortable with that, not have their arm twisted. HOWEVER..... man you are running such fast times, I would love to see what that car would do with our crank pulley, tune, DAE's intake setup. I bet you could run 10.6 or 10.7

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 10-27-2018, 05:06 PM
Banned
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
I very rarely push people that hard to modify their under warranty cars, we're pretty up front about the risks & so on and people need to be comfortable with that, not have their arm twisted. HOWEVER..... man you are running such fast times, I would love to see what that car would do with our crank pulley, tune, DAE's intake setup. I bet you could run 10.6 or 10.7
You'll get to find out come next year ;-)

Old 10-28-2018, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by John Jones
You'll get to find out come next year ;-)
Doubtful as I've made no decision to tune my car.

Old 10-28-2018, 05:39 PM
Banned

alas, I have a VAP tune, upper and lower pulleys, catless down pipes, and we are a few months away from releasing an unrestricted air intake system =)

The following users liked this post:
domino_z (10-29-2018)
Old 10-29-2018, 09:40 AM

alas, I have a VAP tune, upper and lower pulleys, catless down pipes, and we are a few months away from releasing an unrestricted air intake system =)
Nice, you got an SVR?
Have you seen David Appleby GT4 air intake system, I have very similar on my car and it sounds incredible, loads of SC whine and it cost me under $300

Old 10-29-2018, 10:33 AM
Banned

RWD R. I saw it. If I was going to do it, I'd do the whole system not just for sound, and they want like $1300 for it.

Old 10-29-2018, 12:04 PM

RWD R. I saw it. If I was going to do it, I'd do the whole system not just for sound, and they want like $1300 for it.
To me the rest is pointless, they say themselves the updated inlet tubing does nothing for power, just helps to give a little extra whine for the supercharger if your keeping factory air box.

The cone filter by themselves give all the power and 90% of the whine, which you can buy direct from ITG for around $300

Old 01-02-2019, 05:16 AM
Tel
Received 232 Likes on 143 Posts

Resurrecting the thread as my News Years resolution is to 'whine' a lot more ;-)

How about removing the broadband resonators that are after the MAF?
No power to be gained, however inlet roar and whine should increase even more.

Mina will be coming up trumps with some toobin in a month or two!

Old 01-02-2019, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by Tel
Resurrecting the thread as my News Years resolution is to 'whine' a lot more ;-)

How about removing the broadband resonators that are after the MAF?
No power to be gained, however inlet roar and whine should increase even more.

Mina will be coming up trumps with some toobin in a month or two!

Just get the cone filter, awesome whine and a 10-15HP gain.

The following users liked this post:
Tel (01-02-2019)
Old 01-02-2019, 06:15 AM
Tel

Yeah, been in touch with Sahd at ITG, sound bloke.
From your research is the MAF diameter around 89mm, reason I ask is I'm trying to get some hose to go post MAF to the hard plastic tube up top and do away with the resonators for now, but I haven't a clue what ID or length/angle the hose might be that DAE use for example. There seems plenty of suppliers of hose online, but I gess it needs to be the best/strongest one can get.
Also I'm investigating removing all the air snorkel stuff from in front of the rad, remove the lower, outer shark's grill plastic blank so that the air can free flow directly in from the front of the car.
Sent you a PM a few days back...did you see it?
Tel

Last edited by Tel; 01-02-2019 at 08:03 AM.
Old 01-02-2019, 07:00 AM
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

I found that changing the intake hose between the filter and the supercharger alone made little difference on my XFR-S. I have a custom aluminium intake similar to the Mina gallery one. It's only when I fitted the cone filters that you could really hear the supercharger and it sounds glorious now. I am going to swap the intake hose back to the standard plastic one but keep the cone filters and see what difference that makes. I expect to sound much the same as it does currently.

Old 01-02-2019, 07:20 AM
Tel

Originally Posted by Puntoboy
I found that changing the intake hose between the filter and the supercharger alone made little difference on my XFR-S. I have a custom aluminium intake similar to the Mina gallery one. It's only when I fitted the cone filters that you could really hear the supercharger and it sounds glorious now. I am going to swap the intake hose back to the standard plastic one but keep the cone filters and see what difference that makes. I expect to sound much the same as it does currently.

Cheers for that, look forward to hearing how it turned out.

Anyway, I'm surprised you can hear any whine over the sound of your exhaust ;-)
We met at Beaulieu, summer of last year and had quite a larf.

Old 01-02-2019, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Tel
Cheers for that, look forward to hearing how it turned out.

Anyway, I'm surprised you can hear any whine over the sound of your exhaust ;-)
We met at Beaulieu, summer of last year and had quite a larf.
What this the Simply Jaguar event or the Supercar weekend? Are you sure that was me? I was there for the Supercar weekend but there was another R-S Sportbrake there with a much louder exhaust than mine (although mine is quite loud too ) Jim was there both days and I was only there on the Sunday. He was also there for the Simply Jaguar event which unfortunately I missed.

Old 01-02-2019, 07:49 AM
Tel

What this the Simply Jaguar event or the Supercar weekend? Are you sure that was me? I was there for the Supercar weekend but there was another R-S Sportbrake there with a much louder exhaust than mine (although mine is quite loud too ) Jim was there both days and I was only there on the Sunday. He was also there for the Simply Jaguar event which unfortunately I missed.
T'was the Simply Jaguar (I get confused, been to show 'n shine, JEC, you name it!).
It was louder than loud!
It must have been the other guy, but I remember talking about Newport Pagnell, and put 2 +2 together as you are form Northampton and made 16!

Old 01-02-2019, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Tel
T'was the Simply Jaguar (I get confused, been to show 'n shine, JEC, you name it!).
It was louder than loud!
It must have been the other guy, but I remember talking about Newport Pagnell, and put 2 +2 together as you are form Northampton and made 16!
Easily done, there are only 61 XFR-S Sportbrakes I'm often confused with Jim as we go to the same events sometimes.

Old 01-02-2019, 08:01 AM
Tel

Easily done, there are only 61 XFR-S Sportbrakes .
Ha, I know...I'm currently talking the other half into having one of these as our everyday runabout, finding a good one is difficult!

Old 01-02-2019, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Tel
Yeah, been in touch with Sahd at ITG, sound bloke.
From your research is the MAF diameter around 89mm, reason I ask is I'm trying to get some hose to go post MAF to the hard plastic tube up top and do away with the resonators for now, but I haven't a clue what ID or length/angle the hose might be that DAE use for example. There seems plenty of suppliers of hose online, but I gess it needs to be the best/strongest one can get.
Also I'm investigating removing all the air snorkel stuff from in front of the rad, remove the lower, outer shark's grill plastic blank so that the air can free flow directly in from the front of the car.
Sent you a PM a few days back...did you see it?
Tel

I do not know the ID sorry, took no measurements so can't help there, maybe see if Sahd knows and yes he is very good.
I left the snorkel as I modified mine to ram air so they send even more cold air directly to the stock air box or now new cone filters.

Do not remove the plastic blanks, otherwise the filters won't only get covered in loads of debris from the road, but if it rains they are going to end up very wet and I did not see the PM sorry, shall check now, but leave those blanks in place, they help keep things dry and clean back there, also there is no shortage of air back there if you make use of the snorkels and on an SVR the blanks are not 100% they are open to the edge to let some air in, not sure about the none SVR's though.

Old 01-02-2019, 08:45 AM
Banned

Our custom metal tubing kit is finishing R&D in the next week ;-)