Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More blower noise

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 05:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,114 Likes on 2,297 Posts

Originally Posted by frank james
If you look up Mina gallery online there are pictures of the intake tubes ---- mine was the 1st one made for the F type --- and the production pieces are being made overseas --- makes a little more noise because it eliminates the restrictors and looks bad *** !!!
I just spent some time looking all over the Mina Gallery internet site and not a single trace of any F-Type intake tube, can you provide a link?

The following users liked this post:
jrodrg (01-31-2018)
Old 03-30-2017, 05:40 PM
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Look under xfr -- "performance" ----- he does not have them lister for f type yet because he is waiting for production from overseas

Old 03-30-2017, 06:14 PM
Veteran Member

Look under xfr -- "performance" ----- he does not have them lister for f type yet because he is waiting for production from overseas
Thanks Frank.
Yep, I knew about the XFR listing, I have an XFR and I used to have the TCP intake on it.
Problem is the F-Type intake is completely different to the XFR intake, no way on Earth the Mina XFR intake could be modified to fit an F-Type.

Old 03-30-2017, 08:09 PM

It's not modified --- it's made for the f type --- it's the intake tube kit and makes slightly more intake noise because of no restrictors ---- it looks like the one on the xfr in the online catalog ---- I have the one for f type installed on my car now

Old 03-30-2017, 08:18 PM
Veteran Member

It's not modified --- it's made for the f type --- it's the intake tube kit and makes slightly more intake noise because of no restrictors ---- it looks like the one on the xfr in the online catalog ---- I have the one for f type installed on my car now
OK, understandee!
I'm guessing yours is a prototype?
Did you fit it yourself or get someone/a shop to put it on for you?

Old 03-30-2017, 08:21 PM

Yes --- mine is the 1st one Mina made for the f type ---- Chris the owner of Mina gallery installed mine -- he should have them for the f type shortly

Old 04-02-2017, 06:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 177 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Here's a weird one for you. Drove my friend's 2WD 'R' extensively, it's the one in our exhaust videos. After we put a tune on it - supercharger noise increased substantially. And that was independent of actual boost levels. Going through the changes in the software I don't see a reason but then subsequently multiple customers reported the same after we tuned their cars.

Still don't know exactly why, but it seems to be repeatable.
Maybe you're getting the throttle butterfly to open further/for longer so the noise from the supercharger has a clearer path back up the intake tubing?

Or are you getting the bypass valve to close fully? This would make the supercharger work harder, and might make that megaphone system between the manifold and the passenger compartment behave differently to "normal".

Old 04-02-2017, 09:51 AM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Would a smaller supercharger pulley help increase whine?

i hear zero whine from my 2017 340hp v6...zero!

Old 04-02-2017, 01:25 PM
Received 148 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by F-typical
Maybe you're getting the throttle butterfly to open further/for longer so the noise from the supercharger has a clearer path back up the intake tubing?

Or are you getting the bypass valve to close fully? This would make the supercharger work harder, and might make that megaphone system between the manifold and the passenger compartment behave differently to "normal".
Hehe...didn't even know Stuart posted this. But yes, it's because I close the bypass valve and don't allow it to vent off psi when the max power is achieved by the stock file setting. When the valve is closed, you get that whine, when the blade opens the noise is reduced/deleted. When you change things like a drop in panel filter, it's not the difference in air restriction, it's the restriction in sound dampening. That make the noise a little more present on something simple as a drop in K&N panel filter.

When ppl install a CAI made of a metal type, the noise echo's more and you hear the noise. The stock tube made of plastic, also has baffled sections to dampen the sounds from the S/C. So you might notice on other S/C vehicles, silicone type tubes don't net as much noise when the same engine is fitted with a metal type tube...it's all in the transfer of sound/echo and how it's insulated/dampened.

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited
214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, BC
Canada V0H 1T9
Office Tel: (250) 485-5126
www.VelocityAP.com
Tuning@VelocityAP.com

The following 2 users liked this post by Tuning@VelocityAP:
DJS (04-02-2017), SinF (04-04-2017)
Old 04-03-2017, 07:05 PM
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by domino_z
bump! any update or pics of this mina gallery intake tube?

in process of ordering an eventuri for my m3, might see if i can get a good deal by adding the f-type too
Mina Gallery intake pics.

The following 3 users liked this post by akc70:
dwmilton (12-28-2021), EJag66 (02-10-2019), SinF (04-04-2017)
Old 04-03-2017, 07:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by akc70
Mina Gallery intake pics.
Looks good ! I emailed Mina gallery a few days ago for a update on the product , but they haven't got back to me

Old 04-03-2017, 07:46 PM
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

I would call him.

Old 04-03-2017, 08:33 PM

You might also be interested in the oil and coolant covers he made -- if you look on the bottom picture you can see the oil cap cover ( stainless with oil can sandblasted ) -- that's my car in the picture

Old 04-04-2017, 02:45 PM
Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

The CF engine cover looks great. Wish they weren't so freaking expensive.
CRS

Burt Gummer (12-07-2017)
Old 04-04-2017, 05:24 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Tuning@VelocityAP
Hehe...didn't even know Stuart posted this. But yes, it's because I close the bypass valve and don't allow it to vent off psi when the max power is achieved by the stock file setting. When the valve is closed, you get that whine, when the blade opens the noise is reduced/deleted.
So the bypass valve DOES control the noise. Interesting. Makes sense too, since the supercharger isn't doing work until that valve is closed.

On the XE, you can hear the blower when you accelerate under heavier loads, such as when going uphill. Not so much under just regular acceleration though. Guessing your tune changes things.

Old 04-04-2017, 06:27 PM

CRS 123 Yes the engine cover looks great ---- but it's not carbon fibre --- it's hydrographics . Mina made my carbon fibre mirrors, front splitter , side vents and hood vents but I had the engine cover and rear diffuser and dash done in hydrographics ---- you can't tell -- not even close up . ---- Chris also made the R performance stainless steel piece on top of the engine cover as well as stainless oil cap and coolant cover -- he is also making a cover for the 4 bolts on the towers ------ if you like the hydrographic I had it done at immersed fx hydrographics @ 909 931-7469 -- ask for Mike --there shop is in upland , California --- I just usually ship it ups to him ---can't remember exactly how much it was but I think it was a little more than $300

Burt Gummer (12-07-2017)
Old 04-04-2017, 06:31 PM
Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

CRS 123 Yes the engine cover looks great ---- but it's not carbon fibre --- it's hydrographics . Mina made my carbon fibre mirrors, front splitter , side vents and hood vents but I had the engine cover and rear diffuser and dash done in hydrographics ---- you can't tell -- not even close up . ---- Chris also made the R performance stainless steel piece on top of the engine cover as well as stainless oil cap and coolant cover -- he is also making a cover for the 4 bolts on the towers ------ if you like the hydrographic I had it done at immersed fx hydrographics @ 909 931-7469 -- ask for Mike --there shop is in upland , California --- I just usually ship it ups to him ---can't remember exactly how much it was but I think it was a little more than $300
I've read a bunch about hydrographics, it really does look great. It must hold up to the engine heat or you would've known by now. Thanks for the referral. Question: IN the time that the engine cover is off....is there any danger of heat damage to the hood paint?
CRS

Old 04-04-2017, 07:49 PM

No heat problem --- several forum members have stated that they run without engine covers on

Old 10-24-2017, 05:46 AM
Banned
Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

bump! any update on this?

Old 12-07-2017, 01:58 AM
Received 193 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by DirtyAir
Stuart,

If you build something that will give us the ability to hear the whine better, put me in line for the first V8s run!

Mike
Just being facetious how about hearing aids