F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Name Something You Discovered About Your F-Type AFTER You Bought it...

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 08:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by Tel
Slightly off topic, but, wouldn't that knacker the AC system?

Just curious, as I thought running the AC open to the environment would cause damage?...not that we get many days here in the UK where we need AC anyway ;-)
Not at all. All you are doing is moving heat from the passenger compartment coils to the condenser coils at the radiator. Open to the environment will just cause the compressor to operate full time rather than cycling off and on. The compressors are rated for full time service.

The following users liked this post:
Tel (09-30-2015)
Old 09-29-2015, 11:46 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

That the rear spoiler deploy button doesn't work at all.

Old 09-30-2015, 12:05 AM
Veteran Member
Received 293 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by TimelessR
That the rear spoiler deploy button doesn't work at all.
It should if the ignition is on, the engine is off, and you're ready to clean under it. LOL.

Old 09-30-2015, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by TXJagR
It should if the ignition is on, the engine is off, and you're ready to clean under it. LOL.
Hmm I tried that but I'll try again. Car was parked, ignition on, engine off... no luck last few times. Dealer said it was with all R types.

Old 09-30-2015, 01:59 AM
Received 270 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by TimelessR
Hmm I tried that but I'll try again. Car was parked, ignition on, engine off... no luck last few times. Dealer said it was with all R types.
It is, you have to hold the button.

Old 09-30-2015, 06:28 AM
Received 81 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by kamiar
you got a picture of what are deleted ? and by any chance did you ask why ? that remote start come in very handy in canada
Here ya go. No real good explanation from Jaguar Canada. Same behaviour for why they don't offer Caldera Red as a colour or only 4 year warranty and 1 year maintenance.

Attached Thumbnails Name Something You Discovered About Your F-Type AFTER You Bought it...-image.jpeg  
kamiar (09-30-2015)
Old 09-30-2015, 08:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 442 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by Tel
Slightly off topic, but, wouldn't that knacker the AC system?

Just curious, as I thought running the AC open to the environment would cause damage?...not that we get many days here in the UK where we need AC anyway ;-)

What it does is cause threads where people "complain" about a wet carpet from the AC. This of course happens in the high humidity states when the AC runs with top down or windows open and the water condensates along all the air ducts, vents and AC parts and start dripping.

Old 09-30-2015, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by LynxFX
It is, you have to hold the button.
Got it, thanks!

Old 09-30-2015, 11:31 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The number of white stains all over my car when I'm driving it around. It's unreal. Good thing I bought white...

Uncle Fishbits (01-29-2016)
Old 09-30-2015, 03:34 PM
bwc
Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DuhCar
Here ya go. No real good explanation from Jaguar Canada. Same behaviour for why they don't offer Caldera Red as a colour or only 4 year warranty and 1 year maintenance.
I have an F-type R arriving next month and compared my spec sheet to yours and there are the same deletions re. the Incontrol Remote. What did Jaguar Canada tell you? Is it something that can be switched on or are there now parts missing (other than, presumably, window sensors)?

Old 09-30-2015, 04:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 293 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by bwc
I have an F-type R arriving next month and compared my spec sheet to yours and there are the same deletions re. the Incontrol Remote. What did Jaguar Canada tell you? Is it something that can be switched on or are there now parts missing (other than, presumably, window sensors)?
I would be very surprised if they installed the modules if they weren't going to offer the service. OF course you can always hope that that did and it's a simple software parameter to enable it.

I remember hearing that part of the issue in Canada wasn't just the hardware, it was the lack of business agreements between JLR and the Satellite / Cell Phone providers over which the data is transmitted. (I have never confirmed this...)

Old 09-30-2015, 04:47 PM
Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by DuhCar
That just says 'No subscription', but not that the hardware is not installed...as in, your car won't be enabled for access to JLR's servers/network, but hopefully might be in future if they get the right agreements in place or whatever it is they're currently missing...

Edit: although I imagine InControl Secure is definitely not installed, as that was a cost option.

Last edited by CaptainHam; 09-30-2015 at 04:49 PM.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainHam
That just says 'No subscription', but not that the hardware is not installed...as in, your car won't be enabled for access to JLR's servers/network, but hopefully might be in future if they get the right agreements in place or whatever it is they're currently missing...

Edit: although I imagine InControl Secure is definitely not installed, as that was a cost option.
I believe In-Control Secure is the locking and security monitoring part of In-Control Remote which is already fully subscribed in the U.S. for the first 5 years. (warranty period)

Old 09-30-2015, 09:49 PM
Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
Yes, it's a DVD player, but only standing still. It's against US safety regs for a video entertainment system to be watchable by the driver while a vehicle is in motion.

But, hey if you want to sit in your F-Type and watch a movie in your driveway with the car in park you can, although I don't know if the switch to disable it is connected to the engine running or having the car in gear. If not, you'll run the battery down pretty fast.
Yep it works with the engine running. As soon as you hit 5mph it "blacks out" and says you cant watch. I leave pumping iron in there so I can get pumped up before going into the gym lol

The following 2 users liked this post by JagBrian:
LobsterClaws (12-16-2015), Uncle Fishbits (10-07-2015)
Old 09-30-2015, 09:49 PM
bwc
Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lhoboy
I believe In-Control Secure is the locking and security monitoring part of In-Control Remote which is already fully subscribed in the U.S. for the first 5 years. (warranty period)
Here's what I've been told by my dealer in Calgary : "I can tell you that Canada was slow on issuing licenses for the apps. Jaguar tells us there was a problem on how long an engine was allowed to idle in different areas of Canada. I for one don't believe that as GM never had a problem however unfortunately 2016 F-Types are not equipped with it."

I've asked the dealer if they can get the 'parts' so I can retrofit it, and he's going to look into it.

The following 2 users liked this post by bwc:
DuhCar (10-01-2015), Uncle Fishbits (01-29-2016)
Old 10-01-2015, 01:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 337 Likes on 212 Posts

Have anyone noticed that when you open the hood/bonnet and stand a few yards away in front of the car, the car looks like a Jaguars head (with eyes, ears, mouth etc).

It is not incidental.

Old 10-01-2015, 04:58 AM
Received 147 Likes on 115 Posts

I was struck by the fact that the car did not have automatic wipers.

Old 10-01-2015, 05:01 AM
Received 147 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
It is the land of the free--easy and free for almost anyone to file a lawsuit. There's no shortage of attorneys who will take an injury case with no money down on contingency knowing they're likely to recover their costs or much better.

Second, this isn't a government regulation, it's just a corporate decision by Jaguar to avoid a possible liability.
It's not the land of the free. It's the land of the free to file a lawsuit, but not free to drive at a sensible speed.

Uncle Fishbits (10-07-2015)
Old 10-01-2015, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by StealthPilot
I was struck by the fact that the car did not have automatic wipers.
It does. They operate when in the second position up.

Old 10-01-2015, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by CaptainHam
I hope you're right.

Quick Reply: Name Something You Discovered About Your F-Type AFTER You Bought it...