Name Something You Discovered About Your F-Type AFTER You Bought it... - Page 2 - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Go Back  Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum > Jaguar Models ( Current ) > F-Type ( X152 )
Reload this Page >

Name Something You Discovered About Your F-Type AFTER You Bought it...

Notices
F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards

Name Something You Discovered About Your F-Type AFTER You Bought it...

 
  #21  
Old 09-29-2015, 09:50 AM
TXJagR's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,323
Thanked 283 Times in 226 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by rav1up View Post
When you are making 90 degree turns and lights are set to auto, I see the extreme right of the wall where I am turning light up. Its as though there is a headlamp that faces outwards from the sides of the car. I think its because of a LED that is separated from the the DRL that glows orange or white depending on whether you are in parked mode or driving. Or this may just be the headlamps moving so much as to light the right side.

There is a separate white light that turns on when you are travelling at less than 25 miles per hour and turning. Check it out at a stop sign one night. Turn you wheel while watching the sidewalk. It will illuminate, then fade. Now turn your wheel the other way...

I do think this is part of the upgraded lighting package though, not everyone may have it. (The headlights move too! but that's different. Drive down a dark back road at night and swerve. Your lights swerve too.)
 
The Following User Says Thank You to TXJagR For This Useful Post:
Uncle Fishbits (10-07-2015)
  #22  
Old 09-29-2015, 10:24 AM
uncheel's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Posts: 663
Thanked 178 Times in 127 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by TXJagR View Post
There is a separate white light that turns on when you are travelling at less than 25 miles per hour and turning. Check it out at a stop sign one night. Turn you wheel while watching the sidewalk. It will illuminate, then fade. Now turn your wheel the other way...

I do think this is part of the upgraded lighting package though, not everyone may have it. (The headlights move too! but that's different. Drive down a dark back road at night and swerve. Your lights swerve too.)
You are correct -- Adaptive Headlights are part of the Vision Pack
 
The Following User Says Thank You to uncheel For This Useful Post:
Uncle Fishbits (10-07-2015)
  #23  
Old 09-29-2015, 10:43 AM
buickfunnycar.com's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Monterey, CA
Posts: 1,924
Thanked 325 Times in 225 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by JagBrian View Post
I found out that the car plays actual DVD's on the screen via the CD player! Not that I'd ever use it, but its one of the first things I show people when they hop in the car lol...
For real...?
 
  #24  
Old 09-29-2015, 11:21 AM
Foosh's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 6,177
Thanked 981 Times in 833 Posts
Default

Yes, it's a DVD player, but only standing still. It's against US safety regs for a video entertainment system to be watchable by the driver while a vehicle is in motion.

But, hey if you want to sit in your F-Type and watch a movie in your driveway with the car in park you can, although I don't know if the switch to disable it is connected to the engine running or having the car in gear. If not, you'll run the battery down pretty fast.
 

Last edited by Foosh; 09-29-2015 at 11:23 AM.
  #25  
Old 09-29-2015, 11:23 AM
Veteran Member
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Grasonville, MD
Posts: 2,042
Thanked 429 Times in 321 Posts
Default

I did not know that you can open the windows with the key fob until somebody hear mentioned it. Nice to let the first puff of hot air escape before you get to open the door. My XKR-S does that also and I never knew. Had the comfort remote in the my Porsches and had several things programmed but did not know the Jags came with the opening window feature.


Memorizing a downshift if you pull it too soon until the revs allow it to down shift, didn't know it would do that either.
 
  #26  
Old 09-29-2015, 12:01 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 934
Thanked 149 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Schwabe View Post
I did not know that you can open the windows with the key fob until somebody hear mentioned it. Nice to let the first puff of hot air escape before you get to open the door. My XKR-S does that also and I never knew. Had the comfort remote in the my Porsches and had several things programmed but did not know the Jags came with the opening window feature.


Memorizing a downshift if you pull it too soon until the revs allow it to down shift, didn't know it would do that either.
I have the smart top mod and I can do this, but didn't think it was possible without the mod.
 
  #27  
Old 09-29-2015, 12:18 PM
Veteran Member
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Grasonville, MD
Posts: 2,042
Thanked 429 Times in 321 Posts
Default

yup, stock key fob opens windows, does not close them but opens them and lets hot air out as you walk up to the car.
 
  #28  
Old 09-29-2015, 01:48 PM
Member
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Toronto
Posts: 84
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

is there a way to have a remote start on it ?
 
  #29  
Old 09-29-2015, 02:19 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: OC, CA, USA
Posts: 156
Thanked 31 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by kamiar View Post
is there a way to have a remote start on it ?
2016 InControl should have remote start via connected app. Annual fee will apply.
 
  #30  
Old 09-29-2015, 02:24 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: SW London, UK
Posts: 316
Thanked 54 Times in 36 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Schwabe View Post
yup, stock key fob opens windows, does not close them but opens them and lets hot air out as you walk up to the car.
I can close mine...lock via keyfob and keep lock button held down. After 3 seconds, windows start closing.

Disclaimer...mine is a UK Coupe. I know there can be some differences between UK and US...
 
  #31  
Old 09-29-2015, 02:26 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: SW London, UK
Posts: 316
Thanked 54 Times in 36 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by meefer View Post
2016 InControl should have remote start via connected app. Annual fee will apply.
I believe annual fee only applies once the warranty expires. Or at least, I've not yet been charged on my new Coupe. For me, that's 3 years to wait before I find out the cost (we only get 3 years warranty in UK, I think you get more in US?).
 
  #32  
Old 09-29-2015, 02:29 PM
Foosh's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 6,177
Thanked 981 Times in 833 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by CaptainHam View Post
I can close mine...lock via keyfob and keep lock button held down. After 3 seconds, windows start closing.

Disclaimer...mine is a UK Coupe. I know there can be some differences between UK and US...
Yes, this is yet another difference between US and UK versions. Given the lawsuit happy culture in the US, JLR attorneys have apparently decided it's too big a liability to allow this feature, so it's not programmed. The concern is little kids playing unsupervised in a vehicle and getting their fingers squished.
 
  #33  
Old 09-29-2015, 02:40 PM
DuhCar's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 920
Thanked 77 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by kamiar View Post
is there a way to have a remote start on it ?
No, Jaguar Canada did not bother to do the work that would allow this feature to work. So all the necessary hardware is deleted at build.
 
  #34  
Old 09-29-2015, 02:43 PM
Member
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Toronto
Posts: 84
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by DuhCar View Post
No, Jaguar Canada did not bother to do the work that would allow this feature to work. So all the necessary hardware is deleted at build.
i thought the hardware is there just disable in the software :|
 
  #35  
Old 09-29-2015, 02:57 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: SW London, UK
Posts: 316
Thanked 54 Times in 36 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Foosh View Post
Yes, this is yet another difference between US and UK versions. Given the lawsuit happy culture in the US, JLR attorneys have apparently decided it's too big a liability to allow this feature, so it's not programmed. The concern is little kids playing unsupervised in a vehicle and getting their fingers squished.
Wow, thought you guys lived in the land of the free!

I see Paul Walker's daughter is planning to sue Porsche over his death, and there was me thinking the cause of death was doing 94 in a 45 then losing control and hitting a tree...she can't seriously have a case?!
 
  #36  
Old 09-29-2015, 03:11 PM
Foosh's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 6,177
Thanked 981 Times in 833 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by CaptainHam View Post
Wow, thought you guys lived in the land of the free!

I see Paul Walker's daughter is planning to sue Porsche over his death, and there was me thinking the cause of death was doing 94 in a 45 then losing control and hitting a tree...she can't seriously have a case?!
It is the land of the free--easy and free for almost anyone to file a lawsuit. There's no shortage of attorneys who will take an injury case with no money down on contingency knowing they're likely to recover their costs or much better.

Second, this isn't a government regulation, it's just a corporate decision by Jaguar to avoid a possible liability.
 
The Following User Says Thank You to Foosh For This Useful Post:
Uncle Fishbits (10-07-2015)
  #37  
Old 09-29-2015, 04:31 PM
DuhCar's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 920
Thanked 77 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by kamiar View Post
i thought the hardware is there just disable in the software :|
No, the build sheet shows a lot of deletes on it.

I too wish that they had left the hardware on the car, but nooo.
 
  #38  
Old 09-29-2015, 07:15 PM
Unhingd's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Maryland, US
Posts: 13,154
Thanked 3,014 Times in 2,281 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by meefer View Post
2016 InControl should have remote start via connected app. Annual fee will apply.
In US, annual fee applies after 5 years (matches warranty). Remote start not available on MT, hence no climate preconditioning either (works on the AT).

InControl Remote very dangerous. My beautiful bride can track me wherever I'm at.

InControl Apps all very cool. Much more advanced than my '76 FJ40.
 

Last edited by Unhingd; 09-29-2015 at 07:21 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Unhingd For This Useful Post:
Uncle Fishbits (10-07-2015)
  #39  
Old 09-29-2015, 07:51 PM
Tel's Avatar
Tel
Tel is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: South Coast - UK
Posts: 650
Thanked 162 Times in 101 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jmfan View Post
The A/C is powerful enough to keep you comfortable even on a 100 degree day with black interior and the top down.
Slightly off topic, but, wouldn't that knacker the AC system?

Just curious, as I thought running the AC open to the environment would cause damage?...not that we get many days here in the UK where we need AC anyway ;-)
 
  #40  
Old 09-29-2015, 08:06 PM
Member
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Toronto
Posts: 84
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by DuhCar View Post
No, the build sheet shows a lot of deletes on it.

I too wish that they had left the hardware on the car, but nooo.
you got a picture of what are deleted ? and by any chance did you ask why ? that remote start come in very handy in canada
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Name Something You Discovered About Your F-Type AFTER You Bought it...


Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: