F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Name Something You Discovered About Your F-Type AFTER You Bought it...

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 07:44 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DuhCar
It does. They operate when in the second position up.
Yes - and I think they are either speed sensitive / rain sensing as they change speed automatically based on the amount of rain on the windshield.

Old 10-01-2015, 08:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 293 Likes on 233 Posts

You know, the other evening I had to make a quick run to the hardware store, so I jumped in the SUV... I paused for a few minutes wondering why the lights and windshield wipers weren't on as it was getting dark and raining... Wonderful features in the FType that clearly make us lazy...

The following users liked this post:
AnD3rew (10-01-2015)
Old 10-01-2015, 10:28 AM
Received 88 Likes on 57 Posts

Surprises and stuff that made me happier:
- Turning ON the digital speed indicator -- much easier to see than the analogue gauge.
- Turning OFF the feature that shows a large volume knob in the entertainment display when you change the volume (why??)
- Turning DOWN the volume on the navigation and alerts, then discovering you can tweak the volume when it is actively talknig and it sticks.
- Audio system better than expected after all the whining about it in the forum (my 15 was built in January, they must have put some fixes in).
- I love the automatic lights (I have the vision package) and the automatic wipers and the overall driver-centered experience of the car, and of course the sexy looks.

Just did 1,100 mile road-trip with the wife; she loved driving it and driving it fast, said it "feels very planted on the road" "inspires a lot of confidence" "easy to drive" and "great looking." I felt that way; nice to have the wife buy-in too. 6,000 miles in 7 months; no problems to report.

Last edited by TR64ever; 10-01-2015 at 10:30 AM. Reason: additional point
The following 3 users liked this post by TR64ever:
BostonKiller (09-13-2016), MaximA (09-05-2016), Uncle Fishbits (10-07-2015)
Old 10-01-2015, 10:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by TXJagR
You know, the other evening I had to make a quick run to the hardware store, so I jumped in the SUV... I paused for a few minutes wondering why the lights and windshield wipers weren't on as it was getting dark and raining... Wonderful features in the FType that clearly make us lazy...
+1

It's particularly nice that useful features like automatic headlights, and rain-sensing wipers that automatically change speeds depending upon amount or rain are standard even on base cars with no options.

Uncle Fishbits (10-07-2015)
Old 10-01-2015, 11:26 AM
Received 172 Likes on 124 Posts

You need to buy a decent SUV, mine has auto lights and wipers. It is also a TATA.

Old 10-01-2015, 11:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by AnD3rew
You need to buy a decent SUV, mine has auto lights and wipers. It is also a TATA.
LOL . . . mine's a FIAT (Jeep) and also has those features.

Old 10-01-2015, 02:24 PM
Veteran Member

Look, my SUV is a FORD and it's a bit older... Its my grocery, hardware store, and headed to the bad part of town vehicle...

Old 10-01-2015, 03:13 PM

Look, my SUV is a FORD and it's a bit older... Its my grocery, hardware store, and headed to the bad part of town vehicle...
Mine is too, but it is a Land Rover.

Old 10-01-2015, 04:00 PM
Veteran Member

Mine is too, but it is a Land Rover.
I got mine for free... (No ****, not a penny. When my 90 year old grandfather had his license taken away and he threatened to keep driving, I was pretty much told to go take his SUV. He lovingly signed the title over to me shortly thereafter.)

I'll turn the wipers and lights on when I need them.

Last edited by TXJagR; 10-01-2015 at 04:02 PM.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:09 PM

I got mine for free... (No ****, not a penny. When my 90 year old grandfather had his license taken away and he threatened to keep driving, I was pretty much told to go take his SUV. He lovingly signed the title over to me shortly thereafter.)

I'll turn the wipers and lights on when I need them.
Ok can't beat that.

Old 10-01-2015, 04:20 PM
Veteran Member

i still wish it had all the extra features...

Old 10-01-2015, 05:59 PM
Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by TR64ever
Audio system better than expected after all the whining about it in the forum (my 15 was built in January, they must have put some fixes in).
My MY16 Coupe strongly disagree with fixes being applied! Warranty claim outstanding, either you're lucky or I'm unlucky...

Originally Posted by TR64ever
I love the automatic lights (I have the vision package) and the automatic wipers
I'll agree with you on this one!

Old 10-01-2015, 06:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 564 Likes on 383 Posts

I thought the Jag was good for the bad part of town. (At least for escaping.)

Old 10-01-2015, 06:54 PM
Tel
Received 232 Likes on 143 Posts

I like to work headlights myself, and didn't have any choice with the wipers.

'Auto' things don't really float my boat; so much of our world is automatic, that I like to try and stay as olde skool as possible (which is impossible I know)!

I found the heated seats and steering wheel with dual climate to be so worth it...the hood spends 99% of its time down and we go out in the cold (which incidentally is also 99% of the time in Great Britain!)

The main thing that I have really found out since owning the F (having had a V6S on long term, a V8S Cab and now the V8R Cab) is that when I'm away working, I really miss going out for a drive! Feel like I've lost a friend...aaahhh!

Uncle Fishbits (01-29-2016)
Old 10-02-2015, 03:05 PM
bwc
Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I would be very surprised if they installed the modules if they weren't going to offer the service. OF course you can always hope that that did and it's a simple software parameter to enable it.

I remember hearing that part of the issue in Canada wasn't just the hardware, it was the lack of business agreements between JLR and the Satellite / Cell Phone providers over which the data is transmitted. (I have never confirmed this...)
Dealer in Calgary tells me that they won't be able to 'retrofit' this as it has to be installed in the factory and that it will likely be in the 2017 models in Canada...

Old 10-02-2015, 04:34 PM
Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Wheel locking lug nuts.

All four wheels had one locking lug nut per wheel installed when I picked up my car. I didn't order locking lug nuts, but this option was included on the MSRP of my car...? There is supposed to be a "key" lug nut to allow you to remove the locking nut, in the trunk. I think I found the space for it near the battery, but it is empty. However, there was a "set" of 4 locking lug nuts in the trunk along with the key nut all in a sealed package. This was a discovery to me.

Old 10-02-2015, 04:47 PM
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by mjm3457
All four wheels had one locking lug nut per wheel installed when I picked up my car. I didn't order locking lug nuts, but this option was included on the MSRP of my car...? There is supposed to be a "key" lug nut to allow you to remove the locking nut, in the trunk. I think I found the space for it near the battery, but it is empty. However, there was a "set" of 4 locking lug nuts in the trunk along with the key nut all in a sealed package. This was a discovery to me.
Yeah it seems that most dealers order F-Types with the bundle that includes a Jaguar license plate frame and the locking lugs for the wheels. Many time this is added to the cost of the car without your knowledge as a "standard option"... they added this on my car as well.

I find it a bit ironic. I think the risk level of someone stealing the wheels is on par with the risk level of someone trying to get into your gas tank. If they feel the need for locking lugs why not order a locking gas gap too?

Old 10-02-2015, 08:40 PM
Received 114 Likes on 77 Posts

I bought a set of locks. Make sure you write down the letter of the key stamped on the key. You can't steal gas by siphoning anymore but the wheels and tires are worth thousands and only take a minute to steal. I would not leave this car parked anywhere without wheel locks.

Last edited by Buckingham; 10-02-2015 at 08:43 PM.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 210 Likes on 187 Posts

I too discovered auto hi beam.

Bradley Bevis (03-16-2016)
Old 10-06-2015, 05:01 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

This is my first Jag and I don't know if this feature is prevalent on the brand, but the windshield washer spray nozzle built into the wiper arms was a pleasant surprise.

Quick Reply: Name Something You Discovered About Your F-Type AFTER You Bought it...