F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nav screen flickering

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 03:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nav screen flickering

First problem with my V8S. A few days ago the nav screen was flickering when I got in the car. All functions work properly (nav, audio, phone etc.) but the screens was nearly unreadable and then went black. Next startup, no problem. Since then it is bad more times than not. I haven't had time to get the car to the dealer yet and am hoping that it is just a connector but this is not making it any easier to defend my buying decision to those that question Jags reliability record.

Old 07-15-2013, 05:26 PM
Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

Nearly every Mfg. has a few problems with the first new or completely revamped models out of the gate whether it be Jaguar (XK8, XF), Lexus (RX), Porsche (Boxter), Mercedes (SL) etc. Hopefully your problem is not serious and can be fixed with one visit.

Old 07-16-2013, 12:35 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by golichnik
First problem with my V8S. A few days ago the nav screen was flickering when I got in the car. All functions work properly (nav, audio, phone etc.) but the screens was nearly unreadable and then went black. Next startup, no problem. Since then it is bad more times than not. I haven't had time to get the car to the dealer yet and am hoping that it is just a connector but this is not making it any easier to defend my buying decision to those that question Jags reliability record.
Please keep us posted

Old 07-17-2013, 10:48 AM
Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts
Default No Flicker Here

I've got 1110 miles on my F-Type and haven't seen the screen flicker but I will watch it closely. Hopefully it's an isolated problem.

Old 08-28-2013, 08:29 PM

Update: the dealer, in conjunction with Jaguar, determined that the screen is defective and needs replacing. Sounds easy enough other than the fact that it has been nearly a month since the "rush" order was placed and still no idea when it will be available. I know that they are busy building cars and inventories are tight, but you would think that they would want to have the cars on the road working right.

Old 08-29-2013, 03:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 490 Likes on 358 Posts

Update: the dealer, in conjunction with Jaguar, determined that the screen is defective and needs replacing. Sounds easy enough other than the fact that it has been nearly a month since the "rush" order was placed and still no idea when it will be available. I know that they are busy building cars and inventories are tight, but you would think that they would want to have the cars on the road working right.
It's great that it's being taken care of and also a little scary to imagine the costs without factory warranty coverage.

Old 09-24-2013, 07:24 PM
Default Finally fixed!

I wanted to update all of you on the nav screen issue. It took Jaguar nearly six weeks to get the replacement to the dealer, but all is up and functioning properly.

I had made a comment in someone else's post that I thought that the car was louder than it needed to be while in standard mode. The dealer was kind enough to give me their demo V8S while mine was in the the shop and I noticed that it was substantially quieter than mine. Upon inspection, it was discovered that the vacuum hose that operates the butterflies was never attached. its nice to know that the switch actually does something now.

Another interesting point is that I had specified Sirius when I ordered the car, but it was missed by the dealer. Jaguar confirmed that all cars are pre-wired for sat radio but we have been informed that there is no way to add the factory set-up after the fact. Its interesting as the back of the screen (that was replaced) has a row of digital inputs and there is clearly an open one that I would assume is for the sat tuner. It would make sense that the system would be a small box of some type that should be easy to plug in. Not a deal breaker, but just an FYI in case someone was hoping to add it at a later date.

Other than that, I am very much enjoying the car and it continues to attract attention wherever I take it.

Cheers!

Old 09-26-2013, 10:24 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I wanted to update all of you on the nav screen issue. It took Jaguar nearly six weeks to get the replacement to the dealer, but all is up and functioning properly.

I had made a comment in someone else's post that I thought that the car was louder than it needed to be while in standard mode. The dealer was kind enough to give me their demo V8S while mine was in the the shop and I noticed that it was substantially quieter than mine. Upon inspection, it was discovered that the vacuum hose that operates the butterflies was never attached. its nice to know that the switch actually does something now.

Another interesting point is that I had specified Sirius when I ordered the car, but it was missed by the dealer. Jaguar confirmed that all cars are pre-wired for sat radio but we have been informed that there is no way to add the factory set-up after the fact. Its interesting as the back of the screen (that was replaced) has a row of digital inputs and there is clearly an open one that I would assume is for the sat tuner. It would make sense that the system would be a small box of some type that should be easy to plug in. Not a deal breaker, but just an FYI in case someone was hoping to add it at a later date.

Other than that, I am very much enjoying the car and it continues to attract attention wherever I take it.

Cheers!
Very interested to hear more about adding Sat Radio after the fact. It's the one option I wanted, but wasn't on the car I purchased off the showroom floor. I got a great deal, so it was a throwaway in my opinion and since I don't use the car as an every day car, I can do without. But, if option existed of adding it at dealer, I would consider it.