Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New SVR owner coming from C7 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2019, 09:26 PM
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default New SVR owner coming from C7 Z06

Hi all,

I just picked up a 2017 SVR convertible with the carbon ceramic brakes.

Couple questions... what is service like? is it included for the first X amount of years and x amount of miles?

secondly, I am going to xpel the car... I am thinking bumper and hood. coming from a c7 z06 on that car it was important to do the rocker panels and side skirts is that necessary as well on the f type or does awd help not kick up rocks in that area to sandblast the rockers?

appreciate any insight on what to be mindful of and the most prone areas I should wrap with xpel.

how many miles do you usually get out of the ceramic brakes?

very excited for this car.

Thanks,
Mike

Old 04-26-2019, 08:07 AM
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome, When I had my car done they 100% recommended the rockers. They did the entire nose / Rockers / Mirrors / Window Pillars / Gas Cap. I also have ceramic brakes. The only thing I am careful of is they loose some initial bite when really wet. Service life when just used normally as a street car is said to be 125+ Miles again depending on your driving habits. I use my paddles 80% of the time so I hardly use the brakes at all. Just take care, and make sure others do as well, to not damage them. In you flat tire kit you should have two rods that screw on to two wheel studs so that you can slide the wheel off without damaging / chipping them. I have 5 years of free service on my 17. Your dealer should have that information.

Old 04-26-2019, 08:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,141 Likes on 1,461 Posts

If you going to track the car, also film leading edges of rear fenders - you see a lot of 'pencil marks' in the area between the door and rear wheel.

Upgrade tires to Michelin Pilot 4S right away, OEM Pirelli tires are lackluster and holding F-type back.

F-type V8 engine is very sensitive to oil quality and has a lot of variable timing gear running on oil pressure. Sludge would be fatal. You must use compatible oil, not just any full synthetic oil would do. Also I strongly recommend not going full factory-recommended change interval and change oil and filter more often.

Warning: V8 doesn't have low oil warning/sensor. The car won't tell you if you run it dry on oil. You have to be proactive in monitoring it.

Old 04-26-2019, 05:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 445 Likes on 391 Posts

Congrats! Post some photos soon

Old 04-27-2019, 03:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by SinF
If you going to track the car, also film leading edges of rear fenders - you see a lot of 'pencil marks' in the area between the door and rear wheel.

Upgrade tires to Michelin Pilot 4S right away, OEM Pirelli tires are lackluster and holding F-type back.

F-type V8 engine is very sensitive to oil quality and has a lot of variable timing gear running on oil pressure. Sludge would be fatal. You must use compatible oil, not just any full synthetic oil would do. Also I strongly recommend not going full factory-recommended change interval and change oil and filter more often.

Warning: V8 doesn't have low oil warning/sensor. The car won't tell you if you run it dry on oil. You have to be proactive in monitoring it.
Even if you don't track the car, add the small piece in front of the rear wheel. The Michelins are sticky enough to kick up #57 gravel even at a crawl.

Last edited by Unhingd; 04-27-2019 at 03:57 AM.
Old 04-27-2019, 05:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

I recommend film on entire hood front and fenders, mirrors,and side skirts. I had ceramic applied to the rest.

Old 04-29-2019, 12:14 PM
Received 121 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by jackals
Hi all,

I just picked up a 2017 SVR convertible with the carbon ceramic brakes.

Couple questions... what is service like? is it included for the first X amount of years and x amount of miles?

secondly, I am going to xpel the car... I am thinking bumper and hood. coming from a c7 z06 on that car it was important to do the rocker panels and side skirts is that necessary as well on the f type or does awd help not kick up rocks in that area to sandblast the rockers?

appreciate any insight on what to be mindful of and the most prone areas I should wrap with xpel.

how many miles do you usually get out of the ceramic brakes?

very excited for this car.

Thanks,
Mike
Would love to hear your thoughts about the two.....driving, handling, etc.

Old 04-29-2019, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by 911Königin
Would love to hear your thoughts about the two.....driving, handling, etc.
Just posted on the porsche thread... I think you may like my feedback on several cars including the Z06.

Old 04-30-2019, 08:28 AM
Received 131 Likes on 91 Posts

Congrats.
I was planning to trade up from C7 vert to C7 ZO6 vert, but decided to wait for Mid engine C8 ZO6 in a few years,so also got a 17 Ftype R vert. Went from 460 to 550 hp was awesome, halfway to ZO6 power.
I had my C7 into Chevy dealer for 5 free oil changes within the 24 months. Ftype has 5 free oil changes, over 5 years, at every 12 month interval.

Old 04-30-2019, 10:29 PM

Here she is guys

The following users liked this post:
Mahjik (05-01-2019)
Old 05-01-2019, 12:32 AM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jackals
Here she is guys
I had been watching this one online for a while; was wondering where it went. Nice get, looks amazing.