New whip... - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Notices
F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards

New whip...

Reply

 
 
 
  #1  
Old 01-17-2018, 05:36 PM
buickfunnycar.com's Avatar
Veteran Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Monterey, CA
Posts: 1,923
Thanked 325 Times in 225 Posts
Default New whip...

Arrived yesterday after a long wait but after two days of driving, I feel it was certainly worth the wait...2018 S5 Prestige coupe fully loaded in Daytona Gray Pearl Effect with Magma Red diamond-stitched Nappa leather seating.

Compared to the Jaguar it is certainly Grand Tourer versus Sports Car, which suits me just fine.

Tomorrow she goes in for 35% ceramic tint all-around, I hope everyone had a great holiday and drive safely guys.















 
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-17-2018, 06:11 PM
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Summerville, South Carolina
Posts: 16,628
Thanked 2,576 Times in 2,369 Posts
Default

nice!!! but that instrument cluster/nav display would drive me nuts - way too busy
 
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sklimii For This Useful Post:
buickfunnycar.com (01-18-2018)
  #3  
Old 01-17-2018, 06:27 PM
Unhingd's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Maryland, US
Posts: 11,642
Thanked 2,586 Times in 1,974 Posts
Default

Congratulations, Buick. Nice!
 
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Unhingd For This Useful Post:
buickfunnycar.com (01-18-2018)
  #4  
Old 01-17-2018, 06:31 PM
jaguny's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: upstate new york
Posts: 4,370
Thanked 390 Times in 355 Posts
Default

Congratulations. Love the color combo. Thanks for sharing.
 
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jaguny For This Useful Post:
buickfunnycar.com (01-18-2018)
  #5  
Old 01-17-2018, 07:01 PM
tberg's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,846
Thanked 1,230 Times in 846 Posts
Default

I test drove the 4 door version, yesterday, as my best friend ordered one. it is the smoothest , tightest car I've ever driven (just like I remembered my partner's 2009 S5). The power delivery of the 6 cylinder engine is nothing short of incredible. Enjoy it as I'm sure you will, it's quite a car.
 
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tberg For This Useful Post:
buickfunnycar.com (01-18-2018)
  #6  
Old 01-17-2018, 07:08 PM
uncheel's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Posts: 611
Thanked 156 Times in 112 Posts
Default

Looks like a real beauty, you just need one accessory:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Official-Ja...YAAOSwfVhaNvQd

Best of luck!
 

Last edited by uncheel; 01-17-2018 at 07:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to uncheel For This Useful Post:
buickfunnycar.com (01-18-2018)
  #7  
Old 01-17-2018, 10:14 PM
ndabunka's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Posts: 1,122
Thanked 124 Times in 101 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar.com View Post
Arrived yesterday after a long wait but after two days of driving, I feel it was certainly worth the wait...2018 S5 Prestige coupe fully loaded in Daytona Gray Pearl Effect with Magma Red diamond-stitched Nappa leather seating.

Compared to the Jaguar it is certainly Grand Tourer versus Sports Car, which suits me just fine.

Tomorrow she goes in for 35% ceramic tint all-around, I hope everyone had a great holiday and drive safely guys.

Seems like that dial control would be hard to manipulate over the gear shifter
 
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ndabunka For This Useful Post:
buickfunnycar.com (01-18-2018)
  #8  
Old 01-18-2018, 02:22 AM
Misujerr's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Posts: 772
Thanked 69 Times in 51 Posts
Default

Right on, thanks for the update! For some reason, I thought that you were getting the vert...
 
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Misujerr For This Useful Post:
buickfunnycar.com (01-18-2018)
  #9  
Old 01-18-2018, 08:29 AM
buickfunnycar.com's Avatar
Veteran Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Monterey, CA
Posts: 1,923
Thanked 325 Times in 225 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by uncheel View Post
Looks like a real beauty, you just need one accessory:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Official-Ja...YAAOSwfVhaNvQd

Best of luck!
LOL...exactly what I need,thanks!
 
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-18-2018, 08:31 AM
buickfunnycar.com's Avatar
Veteran Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Monterey, CA
Posts: 1,923
Thanked 325 Times in 225 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ndabunka View Post
Seems like that dial control would be hard to manipulate over the gear shifter...
Thanks, actually quite easy, falls right into place.

Misujerr, Love the coupe look and not really a 'vert man, too much to clean,lol.
 
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-18-2018, 08:46 AM
ndabunka's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Posts: 1,122
Thanked 124 Times in 101 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar.com View Post
Thanks, actually quite easy, falls right into place.

Misujerr, Love the coupe look and not really a 'vert man, too much to clean,lol.
Your arm HAS to be touching the shifter as you work the dial, right?
 
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-18-2018, 08:52 AM
Veteran Member
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Morristown, NJ
Posts: 1,368
Thanked 143 Times in 134 Posts
Default

my thoughts exactly on the infotainment knob. it seems to be in the worst possible place.

never the less, congrats! i was a huge fan of the first generation, but this one is even better...to the point that I am considering one
 
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-18-2018, 10:01 AM
buickfunnycar.com's Avatar
Veteran Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Monterey, CA
Posts: 1,923
Thanked 325 Times in 225 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by carzaddict View Post
my thoughts exactly on the infotainment knob. it seems to be in the worst possible place.

never the less, congrats! i was a huge fan of the first generation, but this one is even better...to the point that I am considering one
Doesn't seem to be an issue but this is only my 3rd day in the car...
 
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to buickfunnycar.com For This Useful Post:
ndabunka (01-18-2018)
  #14  
Old 01-18-2018, 10:07 AM
ndabunka's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Posts: 1,122
Thanked 124 Times in 101 Posts
Default

I LOVE the color combo as well as your taste in music!
 
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ndabunka For This Useful Post:
buickfunnycar.com (01-18-2018)
  #15  
Old 01-18-2018, 10:09 AM
buickfunnycar.com's Avatar
Veteran Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Monterey, CA
Posts: 1,923
Thanked 325 Times in 225 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ndabunka View Post
I LOVE the color combo as well as your taste in music!
We originally planned on Navarra Blue which is gorgeous...but in the shade or dusk, it was too dark, almost black.

This Daytona Gray Pearl Effect is beautiful in every lighting condition, I told my wife we made the right choice.
 
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-18-2018, 10:35 AM
ndabunka's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Posts: 1,122
Thanked 124 Times in 101 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar.com View Post
We originally planned on Navarra Blue which is gorgeous...but in the shade or dusk, it was too dark, almost black.

This Daytona Gray Pearl Effect is beautiful in every lighting condition, I told my wife we made the right choice.
Prior to buying my F-Type I was considering an S7 or RS7 in those two colors. They are both stunning but the Daytona Grey also seemed to pop more for me with the red calipers that come standard on that model. Nice choice.
 
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ndabunka For This Useful Post:
buickfunnycar.com (01-18-2018)
  #17  
Old 01-18-2018, 11:43 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 672
Thanks: 0
Thanked 119 Times in 95 Posts
Default

beautiful car!

i looked at the S5 sportback for the wife - the interior on the a4/a5 line of cars (especially with the quilted leather) has really come a long way. i just with they would have a full leather option (for the dash).

ultimately she went with the the volvo xc60, as she didnt want to give up the ride height of an suv
 
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ShaunPA For This Useful Post:
buickfunnycar.com (01-18-2018)
  #18  
Old 01-18-2018, 11:58 AM
buickfunnycar.com's Avatar
Veteran Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Monterey, CA
Posts: 1,923
Thanked 325 Times in 225 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ndabunka View Post
Prior to buying my F-Type I was considering an S7 or RS7 in those two colors. They are both stunning but the Daytona Grey also seemed to pop more for me with the red calipers that come standard on that model. Nice choice.
The S7/RS7 is one stunning design and I love it in Daytona Gray, just didn't need 4 doors or else I'd be driving one...
 
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-18-2018, 01:54 PM
Veteran Member
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: kelowna
Posts: 1,446
Thanked 269 Times in 211 Posts
Default

Nice car; congrats! :-)

Dave
 
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DPelletier For This Useful Post:
buickfunnycar.com (01-18-2018)
  #20  
Old 01-18-2018, 08:32 PM
Member
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 39
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Very nice. I have some getting used to the exterior compared to the Jag but I may join you when the RS5 comes out. The interior is clearly nicer
 
Reply With Quote
Reply
 
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
bigdreams05
S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 )
16
08-17-2007 11:08 PM
93xj6
Off Topic
4
07-12-2007 07:01 PM

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: