Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 08:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,140 Likes on 1,461 Posts
Old 01-21-2019, 08:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,114 Likes on 2,297 Posts

Originally Posted by BruceTheQuail
Haha, my elder daughter was happy as long as it had a Mazda badge. My younger one is more like me, she started with a MiTo which looked great and drove OK but was a **** build, we got a Mazda2 "GT" sedan (lol!) which actually is very nice inside and quite good to drive, we have whacked on black aftermarket wheels and some wrap to bits and now a spoiler is about to go on, she is talking about skirts as well and an aftermarket exhaust hahahahaha.

I've heard that Musk has a big old feller on him, it must be true because I've never seen so much hatred and sniping when people talk about him.
Yep, I've thought highly of Mazdas for many years.
My son's current car is a 3.5 year old Mazda 3 Maxx, I bought it brand new for him under a deal where he paid me back half over a couple of years.
Quite nice inside and drives fairly well (other than the incredibly annoying stop/start which I showed him how to turn off).
He got into a bad habit of using the left paddle all the time and too early to change down when slowing down for a turn or a red light, resulting in slightly jerky behaviour and too many revs for no good purpose and after I pointed out the error of his ways he no longer does it.
Now that it is out of warranty I do all the basic servicing and maintenance on it free of charge, I don't even ask for reimbursement of the cost of oil and filters etc.
But I wish he would look after it a lot better seeing as I think of it as "my" car (it's even still insured in my name being waaay cheaper that way), he never cleans it inside or out and the inside is usually pig sty, and the exterior is covered in little bumps and scrapes!

Old 01-21-2019, 08:43 PM
Banned
Received 54 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by SinF
You're in my thread dude.

Old 01-21-2019, 08:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Yep, I've thought highly of Mazdas for many years.
My son's current car is a 3.5 year old Mazda 3 Maxx, I bought it brand new for him under a deal where he paid me back half over a couple of years.
Quite nice inside and drives fairly well (other than the incredibly annoying stop/start which I showed him how to turn off).
He got into a bad habit of using the left paddle all the time and too early to change down when slowing down for a turn or a red light, resulting in slightly jerky behaviour and too many revs for no good purpose and after I pointed out the error of his ways he no longer does it.
Now that it is out of warranty I do all the basic servicing and maintenance on it free of charge, I don't even ask for reimbursement of the cost of oil and filters etc.
But I wish he would look after it a lot better seeing as I think of it as "my" car (it's even still insured in my name being waaay cheaper that way), he never cleans it inside or out and the inside is usually pig sty, and the exterior is covered in little bumps and scrapes!
It's great to hear a success story about the next gen of drivers. I am concerned if I let my kids go they'll get seriously hurt or worse. It's going to be a long process, assuming they get a license at all.

The future of consumer autos isn't electric or gasoline, there is no recognizable future. It makes me cringe when I see people spending big money on "collectible" cars. Thats like a Aztec girl preserving her virginity in anticipation of the next big block party.

Last edited by JIMLIGHTA; 01-21-2019 at 09:00 PM.
Old 01-22-2019, 12:01 AM
Banned

Elon-the-Terrible announced yesterday the Tesla referal program is permanently cancelled. Why?Increased demand is raising electricity costs and Tesla can no longer afford the perk. Great news for poor people everywhere.
​​​​​​
Several youtubers successfully refered 50+ cars, earning them each a free $250K Roadster. Tesla can't deliver and is now $millions in default. Oops.

Last edited by JIMLIGHTA; 01-22-2019 at 12:17 AM.
Old 01-22-2019, 07:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,140 Likes on 1,461 Posts

JIMLIGHTA, do you own a Jaguar or are you here to only post fake news about Tesla in an effort to prop your money-losing short positions?

The following 2 users liked this post by SinF:
Mfiles (01-22-2019), Suaro (01-22-2019)
Old 01-22-2019, 10:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JIMLIGHTA, we get it. You hate EVs, Tesla and Musk. We get it that contrary to facts, you believe electricity costs are prohibitive thereby spelling doom to EVs. So hasn't this thread reached the obvious conclusion that you will convince no one of your positions nor will others convince you of theirs?

Old 01-22-2019, 10:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by SinF
JIMLIGHTA, do you own a Jaguar or are you here to only post fake news about Tesla in an effort to prop your money-losing short positions?
Originally Posted by Mfiles
JIMLIGHTA, we get it. You hate EVs, Tesla and Musk. We get it that contrary to facts, you believe electricity costs are prohibitive thereby spelling doom to EVs. So hasn't this thread reached the obvious conclusion that you will convince no one of your positions nor will others convince you of theirs?
Thank you. Clearly has a short position on Tesla. No random automotive enthusiast follows a company to this level of detail on a daily basis.

Old 01-22-2019, 05:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jaggyx
Thank you. Clearly has a short position on Tesla. No random automotive enthusiast follows a company to this level of detail on a daily basis.
Yep, I cant wait to see Tesla fail. Musk stole (paid to himself while the company tanked) a hundred billion dollars including taxpayer subsidies on a criminal scheme he knew was not viable on any level.

Lets start with the notion that CO2 kills green plants. Or that EVs are zero emissions. Or that an old copper coil driven motorcar should cost $120K instead of $12K. Or that selling people cars you know have a 10 year lifespan could be considered ethical. Or that 60W incandesant light bulbs are banned nationwide next year because electricity is so filthy, but 600,000W electric cars are clean. It's one absurdity after another.

I wouldn't short TSLA now as they are cornered. The company folds in March unless they can pump the stock price $100. We'll see if Musk injects his own capital to help, or if he's happy to keep his $100B and watch the cult die.

That Jag wants to join the lemming march and abandon their long time customer base is dissappointing, but they are free to jump off a cliff if they would like.

Last edited by JIMLIGHTA; 01-22-2019 at 11:38 PM.