F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official Sticky Thread For Known Issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 12:37 PM
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I have fueling issues at every pump here in Miami but then I had the same problem with the same pumps with my last car.

Old 06-19-2015, 12:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 177 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by F-typical
JLR Technical Centre response time to dealer enquiry: 9 days - so far.

Odd for something the dealership say they've seen before.

To be updated.
16 days.

Ryan: The bottom edge of the passenger side door does not line up with the rocker panel. It sticks out some 6mm at the worst point, and varies along the length of the door despite being within alignment specifications at the door handle.

The driver's side is significantly different.

I'll call the dealership on Monday for an update.

Old 06-20-2015, 07:51 PM
ben
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ben

Originally Posted by kevbo
Brand new 2014 F Type V8-S. Three days after getting the car, everything electrical flashes and flickers and dash displays go crazy. Finally display tells me, "Charging system failure" and that DSC is no longer active so I should drive carefully. This has happened twice. Dealer has had it for 3 weeks. They replaced the fusebox and hopefully that does the trick. Anyone else have electrical problems with new F Type?
my 2014 f type needed a door computer thing its back in the shop now over
needing a new front end i think these cars are not well built

Old 06-22-2015, 04:09 AM
Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts

Hi F-Typical

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to learn that you are experiencing concerns with your vehicle, please accept my apologies on behalf of Jaguar for any inconvenience that may have been caused.

I note that you are currently in the process of liaising with your retailer regarding your concerns and trust that they will be able to resolve your concerns.

However, should you require any additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be happy to help.

Regards

Ryan

Old 06-22-2015, 04:14 AM

Hi ben

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to learn that your vehicle is back with your retailer, please accept my apologies on behalf of Jaguar for any disappointment or inconvenience caused.

Should you require additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be happy to help.

Regards

Ryan

The following users liked this post:
SkipM (07-10-2015)
Old 06-26-2015, 05:01 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stengli
Took my F-Type to the dealership on Wednesday for the shop foreman and service tech to hear my playlist and sample tones that create the most buzzing and vibration. playing a 75hz tone at moderate volume causes the entire interior to resonate. They both agreed that it was "terrible" and reiterated the service manager's promise to do whatever was necessary to fix the problem.

Service had only booked me a loaner vehicle for one day, manager wanted the car for a week, so it is going back in this Monday at which time I will have a loaner for the week. I will keep you posted on how this turns out.
I just picked up my F-Type from the Jag dealer in Edmonton. They had it for two solid weeks to fix the sound problems. During the first week they applied a service fix that appeared to involve wrapping everything within the door panels with foam tape and securing all wires, cable and connectors etc so as to remove rattles and vibrations. After doing so, they called me to go check it out. The fix definitely helped with the buzzing, rattles and vibrations, but the door panels were resonating as badly as they before.

The tech and I agreed that progress had been made, but it was not a total fix. The tech put in a further service assist request with Jaguar tech support - they requested that he record the sound and upload it to their server. Unfortunately, the quality of the recording was insufficient to record and clearly reproduce the resonance in the door panel at lower frequencies. Reading between the lines from my tech's comments I believe this is where Jaguar Tech support's assistance ended.

My tech then visited a high end auto audio shop and spoke with the installers. They recommended a dampening material (NVX) to be applied inside the door panels to dampen the panel and also to reduce sound. My dealer purchased the dampening material from the audio shop and the tech installed it over the last two days.

I dropped by the dealership today, expecting that the problem would still not be fixed. I was surprised to find that resonance had disappeared and that the bass sound now sounded "tight" with no buzzing or resonance. This prevailed even with bass and subs turned up at a volume loud enough to be uncomfortable. The only problem I detected was a vibration from a rear speaker - the tech explained that the speaker grill clips had to much slack in them, allowing the grill itself to vibrate. He made some adjustments and the vibration had disappeared.

I have only driven the car for about 90 minutes, but so far the problems appear to be fixed and the upgraded Meridian audio system sounds quite impressive. I will update this thread once I have driven the car for a few days.

It appears to me that Jaguar Canada/NA did not assist in the ultimate fix and that it was my service manager and service tech that took it upon themselves to go outside the Jaguar organization to find a solution. So kudos to Edmonton Jaguar Land Rover and to their service manager, Sarah and service tech, Grant for living up to their commitment to deliver customer satisfaction.

Stephen.

The following 3 users liked this post by Stengli:
DuhCar (06-27-2015), pistol (02-23-2016), slojotaa (06-27-2015)
Old 06-27-2015, 06:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Stengli
I just picked up my F-Type from the Jag dealer in Edmonton. They had it for two solid weeks to fix the sound problems. During the first week they applied a service fix that appeared to involve wrapping everything within the door panels with foam tape and securing all wires, cable and connectors etc so as to remove rattles and vibrations. After doing so, they called me to go check it out. The fix definitely helped with the buzzing, rattles and vibrations, but the door panels were resonating as badly as they before.

The tech and I agreed that progress had been made, but it was not a total fix. The tech put in a further service assist request with Jaguar tech support - they requested that he record the sound and upload it to their server. Unfortunately, the quality of the recording was insufficient to record and clearly reproduce the resonance in the door panel at lower frequencies. Reading between the lines from my tech's comments I believe this is where Jaguar Tech support's assistance ended.

My tech then visited a high end auto audio shop and spoke with the installers. They recommended a dampening material (NVX) to be applied inside the door panels to dampen the panel and also to reduce sound. My dealer purchased the dampening material from the audio shop and the tech installed it over the last two days.

I dropped by the dealership today, expecting that the problem would still not be fixed. I was surprised to find that resonance had disappeared and that the bass sound now sounded "tight" with no buzzing or resonance. This prevailed even with bass and subs turned up at a volume loud enough to be uncomfortable. The only problem I detected was a vibration from a rear speaker - the tech explained that the speaker grill clips had to much slack in them, allowing the grill itself to vibrate. He made some adjustments and the vibration had disappeared.

I have only driven the car for about 90 minutes, but so far the problems appear to be fixed and the upgraded Meridian audio system sounds quite impressive. I will update this thread once I have driven the car for a few days.

It appears to me that Jaguar Canada/NA did not assist in the ultimate fix and that it was my service manager and service tech that took it upon themselves to go outside the Jaguar organization to find a solution. So kudos to Edmonton Jaguar Land Rover and to their service manager, Sarah and service tech, Grant for living up to their commitment to deliver customer satisfaction.

Stephen.
Isn't it such a liberating experience, that first 90 minutes, buzzing down the road listening to a system not resonate, vibrate of sound bad? It was like I just picked the car up once again for the first ride.

Enjoy, good luck, and welcome to the fix side of the ledger. I hope our other friends on the forum experience this in the same manner soon! I can safely say the in my experience, JLR is trying and the dealer always tried and we succeeded together.

Old 06-30-2015, 03:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 177 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan@Jaguar
Hi F-Typical

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to learn that you are experiencing concerns with your vehicle, please accept my apologies on behalf of Jaguar for any inconvenience that may have been caused.

I note that you are currently in the process of liaising with your retailer regarding your concerns and trust that they will be able to resolve your concerns.

However, should you require any additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be happy to help.

Regards

Ryan
Apparently the Service Manager and CRM of my dealership have left. Replacements have yet to be appointed. So no warranty paperwork (or its online equivalent) is being processed. We've agreed that I will call them in 2 weeks if they don't contact me first.

I'm guessing the company* that own the dealership have an HR issue...

Obviously, JLR have no interest in the effect of their intermediaries on customer satisfaction. Yes?

*Ryan: HA Fox.

Old 07-01-2015, 02:48 AM

Hi F-Typical

Thank you for your post.

I note your comments and would be happy to assist in any way that I can.

Should you wish for me to liaise with your retailer regarding your concerns, I would be grateful if you are able to provide me with the following information via PM;

Your full name
Telephone number
Email address
Vehicle registration
Last 6 of VIN
Relevant repairing Land Rover retailer

I would also be grateful if you are able to advise regarding the nature of your concerns, this will allow me the opportunity to better understand how we can move forward.

Regards

Ryan

Old 07-02-2015, 07:25 AM
Smile F-type - no problems

I see a lot of issues here. I have had my F-type for 18 months and NO issues other than a thump in the suspension, cured by a service bulletin. I have had one oil change and no other service. My dealer has been excellent.

Once it did not start and would not get out of gear, but I turned it off, let the computer recycle and it started.

There are a lot of Jags on the road, and I see very few issues, really!

I love everything about this car and sorry that here and there, there are a very few issues.

BTW, if you have not been to the Jag Performance school, you should do the 2-day. Then you will really know your car!

Old 07-02-2015, 11:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Uk F Type

[QUOTE=Ryan@Jaguar;1010049]Hi All,
Hi
Are you able to assist UK customers Ive had problem after problem with a new F Type I purchased on the first of Feb and its done now 3500 miles.I started off badly on this site and was told off but if you read my entries maybe you'll see why because Im soo frustrated with Jag UK
Thanks
Vaughan

Old 07-02-2015, 09:08 PM

I bought 2016 F type in Raleigh NC approximately 3 months ago. It was fine the first month. Some issues since then

#1: one day, inexplicably, it would not start; after about 15 minutes it started

#2: remote start stopped working about 6 weeks ago, it was getting a signal that a window was open, but no window was open

#3: two weeks ago, car was locked in a parking lot, I came up to it and none of the buttons on the car would respond, none of the buttons on key fob were able to do anything. I tried the emergency key, that is very cumbersome to use and high risk for damaging paint job. 10 minutes later, doors did open with key fob

#4: 6 days ago, mirrors did not unfold after I unlocked car, I didn't notice the issue until I had been driving a few minutes

#5: later that same day, car was again unresponsive like #3, this time it remained that way. I called dealership, they initiated 24 hour road side assistance, car was towed to dealership

They found the issue to be that the powerbar connection had a loose nut and is causing CRT to fail. They fixed that, and for the remote start issue had to do a hard reset

I have had car back for 48 hours, so far OK

But this is overall very concerning. I have owned 5 cars with Key Fobs and push start and similar electronics and never had such an issue. I am very concerned this could happen again

Old 07-02-2015, 09:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 293 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by malay
I bought 2016 F type in Raleigh NC approximately 3 months ago. It was fine the first month. Some issues since then

They found the issue to be that the powerbar connection had a loose nut and is causing CRT to fail. They fixed that, and for the remote start issue had to do a hard reset

But this is overall very concerning. I have owned 5 cars with Key Fobs and push start and similar electronics and never had such an issue. I am very concerned this could happen again

Hope they put some loctite on that nut!

Old 07-02-2015, 11:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by malay

#1: one day, inexplicably, it would not start; after about 15 minutes it started

#2: remote start stopped working about 6 weeks ago, it was getting a signal that a window was open, but no window was open

#3: two weeks ago, car was locked in a parking lot, I came up to it and none of the buttons on the car would respond, none of the buttons on key fob were able to do anything. I tried the emergency key, that is very cumbersome to use and high risk for damaging paint job. 10 minutes later, doors did open with key fob

#4: 6 days ago, mirrors did not unfold after I unlocked car, I didn't notice the issue until I had been driving a few minutes

#5: later that same day, car was again unresponsive like #3, this time it remained that way. I called dealership, they initiated 24 hour road side assistance, car was towed to dealership

I wouldn't worry about it too much. That one loose connection very easily explains all the symptoms you experienced. I'd actually be very happy it was that simple.

Old 07-03-2015, 04:15 AM

Hi vaughan1948

Thank you for your post.

I am aware that you are currently in contact with Land Rover Head Office in relation to your concerns and trust that they will continue to offer their assistance.

Regards

Ryan

The following users liked this post:
AJB2 (03-05-2019)
Old 07-19-2015, 11:55 AM
Received 103 Likes on 79 Posts

I will add one. At about 8,500 miles two U-shaped shims (looked similar to fender shims) fell out of the front of the convertible top. Before they fell out they were sliding from side to side under the wide plastic trim at the front of the top. Sounded like a handful of loose change. The dealer fixed it in less than a day and I got an F-type loaner car for the service so No Big Deal.

Old 07-26-2015, 06:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts
Default 6 Speed Clutch Fails at 800 miles.

To document on this thread: At 800 miles, depressing the clutch feels normal, but does not unhook engine from transmission. Clutch/brake fluid still at top mark. Occurred while driving normally. Unbelievable! I think Jag has forgotten how to build a car with manual transmission.

Old 07-26-2015, 06:54 AM
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by lhoboy
To document on this thread: At 800 miles, depressing the clutch feels normal, but does not unhook engine from transmission. Clutch/brake fluid still at top mark. Occurred while driving normally. Unbelievable! I think Jag has forgotten how to build a car with manual transmission.
Wow! So you'll have to get it towed.

Old 07-26-2015, 07:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by ApolloBeachRetiree
Wow! So you'll have to get it towed.
Flat bed had it (2nd time this week, 1st time was for a destroyed tire) less than half an hour after I nursed it into a gas station. I was in a loaner XF less than 30 minutes after that. Jim Coleman Jag in Clarksville, MD is fabulous.

Last edited by Unhingd; 07-26-2015 at 07:20 AM.
Old 07-26-2015, 07:23 AM
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by lhoboy
Flat bed had it (2nd time this week, 1st time was for a destroyed tire) less than half an hour after I nursed it into a gas station. I was in a loaner XF less than 30 minutes after that. Jim Coleman Jag in Clarksville, MD is fabulous.
I'm sure that has minimized your frustration.

Quick Reply: Official Sticky Thread For Known Issues