Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official Sticky Thread For Known Issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 08:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,637 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by F-typical
The flywheel surface doesn't look good. How much weight were you towing, as I have to say it never occurred to me to check.
They don't offer a towing package on the F-Type. (That's what my GMC and Land Cruiser are for) The surface marring is from the exploded bits and pieces that were caught between the flywheel and disk.

Old 08-02-2015, 09:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 177 Likes on 151 Posts

Ah. Sorry - misread you post.

Last edited by F-typical; 08-02-2015 at 09:26 AM.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 177 Likes on 151 Posts

Quick question for fellow RHD owners: does the driver's side wiper arm spindle rub on the surrounding trim? Mine does, even though the passenger side is nicely central.

Old 08-04-2015, 12:55 PM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Daniel Danny
I'm in the US and have the same problem. You just can't start the pump and leave it to fill like you could with other cars. It will stop every few seconds.

I find that if you lift the handle and tilt the nozzle down at an angle it will go all the way, but you still have to hold the nozzle the entire time you're pumping gas.
having the same problem. So far have tried Chevron, USA Gas, and Mobil. They all give me the same problems, regardless if I hold the pump by hand or have it automatically pump, it still clicks. It was only one gas station that i tried which was 7-Eleven where their pumps were really old where I had no problem.

Old 08-04-2015, 07:21 PM
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiztOG43
having the same problem. So far have tried Chevron, USA Gas, and Mobil. They all give me the same problems, regardless if I hold the pump by hand or have it automatically pump, it still clicks. It was only one gas station that i tried which was 7-Eleven where their pumps were really old where I had no problem.
I haven't noticed this with mine. I'm able to pump automatically without a problem.

Old 08-04-2015, 09:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by McGriddle
I haven't noticed this with mine. I'm able to pump automatically without a problem.
Let me guess . . . you are not in CA.

Old 08-05-2015, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Foosh
Let me guess . . . you are not in CA.
Correct! In PA currently and have also filled up in Jersey. Is this an issue with CA pumps only? ...sorry I haven't read the entire thread...

Old 08-05-2015, 12:12 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by McGriddle
Correct! In PA currently and have also filled up in Jersey. Is this an issue with CA pumps only? ...sorry I haven't read the entire thread...
This has been reported in multiple threads here since F-Type introduction, and I would estimate that 95% of the reports of this problem have come from F-Type owners in CA. It suggests that state requires a more "aggressive" vapor recovery nozzle technology, which doesn't play well with the car's fueling system design.

I've refilled in every state between GA and NJ and not once have I had a pump shut off before full in the 15 months I've owned this car.

Old 08-05-2015, 04:11 PM
Veteran Member

This may be an issue that specific to individual vehicles. I have had this issue with other cars in CA, but never in MD....until now. A huge problem for me on the F-Type. Some stations are worse than others. At one station, I actually had to turn the nozzle upside down for it to work at all. I'm having them look at that issue while the dealer is waiting for clutch and flywheel parts.

Old 08-05-2015, 06:25 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by lhoboy
This may be an issue that specific to individual vehicles. I have had this issue with other cars in CA, but never in MD....until now. A huge problem for me on the F-Type. Some stations are worse than others. At one station, I actually had to turn the nozzle upside down for it to work at all. I'm having them look at that issue while the dealer is waiting for clutch and flywheel parts.
Of course, it could be a problem with an individual car as well, but it is also true that virtually all of the reports of problems come from CA owners. It wouldn't be the first time that a symptom had multiple causes.

Old 08-05-2015, 09:21 PM

I also noticed after a long drive and finally getting to use the trunk, the back plastic Fitment around the lower trim seems ill fitting. I will try to get some pictures later, but it's on both sides

Last edited by TwiztOG43; 08-05-2015 at 10:13 PM.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Foosh
Of course, it could be a problem with an individual car as well, but it is also true that virtually all of the reports of problems come from CA owners. It wouldn't be the first time that a symptom had multiple causes.

Just got some information about this issue for us Californians from my dealer

"I just asked and there is a problem with it, jaguar are aware, there is a fix but there is no availability of the parts in the U.S. - there is no timeframe for the parts but let me talk to service guys and see if they know anything"

The following 2 users liked this post by TwiztOG43:
BierNut (08-06-2015), Foosh (08-05-2015)
Old 08-06-2015, 03:38 PM
Veteran Member

Clutch, disc, flywheel plate and concentric throw-out slave will all be replaced.
They finally have all parts in hand except for the dual-mass flywheel. They still need to "pinch" that off the assembly line.

Old 08-10-2015, 08:11 PM
Veteran Member

They finally have all parts in hand except for the dual-mass flywheel. They still need to "pinch" that off the assembly line.
Well..the midnight requisition team managed to smuggle the flywheel off the assembly line. Some poor schmuck is going to be missing a critical component of his/her 6 speed F-Type. (lol)
Part has been shipped. Now we'll see whether it went via DHL/Fedex or a tramp steamer...stay tuned!

Old 08-10-2015, 09:15 PM

Well..the midnight requisition team managed to smuggle the flywheel off the assembly line. Some poor schmuck is going to be missing a critical component of his/her 6 speed F-Type. (lol)
Part has been shipped. Now we'll see whether it went via DHL/Fedex or a tramp steamer...stay tuned!
Nice! Glad to hear that you're finally getting your flywheel. The other guy will never know...

Old 08-10-2015, 10:12 PM
Received 103 Likes on 79 Posts

I hope they actually shipped it. The story is eerily similar to the b.s. I was told last year when I was having parts delivery issues. Good luck, fingers crossed for you.

Old 08-11-2015, 06:43 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Nookieman
I hope they actually shipped it. The story is eerily similar to the b.s. I was told last year when I was having parts delivery issues. Good luck, fingers crossed for you.
Apparently, no bs. They called this evening to let me know the flywheel came in and they installed it. They're just waiting for the insert to arrive tomorrow morning to address the fueling issue.

Tomorrow I ride!!

Old 08-12-2015, 05:18 AM
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Apparently, no bs. They called this evening to let me know the flywheel came in and they installed it. They're just waiting for the insert to arrive tomorrow morning to address the fueling issue.

Tomorrow I ride!!
Congratulations!! You can enjoy your baby again.

The following users liked this post:
Unhingd (08-12-2015)
Old 08-12-2015, 08:44 PM
Received 103 Likes on 79 Posts

That's a refreshing change from this time last year. They might be getting it together.

Old 08-12-2015, 09:04 PM
Veteran Member

The insert has not arrived yet, but in all fairness, I did not alert them to the issue until this last Monday. It will arrive tomorrow afternoon and I get the car back on Friday. I am extremely pleased with the attention my service department is putting into resolving these two issues and keeping me informed regarding the status of parts and the work they are doing.

Quick Reply: Official Sticky Thread For Known Issues