Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official Sticky Thread For Known Issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2018, 09:21 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,084 Likes on 1,386 Posts

My 2018 US brochure lists 'emergency brake assist' - it gives extra brake boost if you hit the brakes suddenly. Doesn't mention automatic braking. Your window sticker might list what you have.

Old 05-06-2018, 03:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,649 Likes on 3,362 Posts

Originally Posted by Arashmidos
Hi folks,

Got a quick but important question regarding the safety features of the 2018 F-type 340 hp. Does this model comes equipped with the Automatic Emergency Break ? The manual seems to be very vague but I have seen references that claim it is a standard feature on the 2018 model. I couldn't find much about this one.

Any input is much appreciated.
I believe it has been standard since 2014. (At least it was in 2016). I assume you mean the parking brake that is automatically applied when you turn off the engine (that's when its applied with the MT). It does serve as an emergency brake if you hold up on the parking brake button. The parking brakes on the rear wheels are then gently applied as long as you keep pulling back on the button.

Old 05-06-2018, 08:06 AM
DJS
Veteran Member

Ahh, I thought he was referring to automatic braking that some cars now have, when the car thinks you're about to have a collision.

Old 05-06-2018, 10:50 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DJS
Ahh, I thought he was referring to automatic braking that some cars now have, when the car thinks you're about to have a collision.
Gawd, I hope not!

The following users liked this post:
Don1954 (05-07-2018)
Old 05-07-2018, 05:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 261 Likes on 196 Posts

Albeit a great feature to prevent mishaps with innocent pedestrians, I am shure we will see a huge increase in carjackings making use of this very feature.. ..emergency braking for pedestrians on the road.
I wonder if the car manufacturer would be liable as this feature is not required by law, at least not in the Netherlands sofar...

Old 05-07-2018, 07:51 AM
Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

Auto braking is not on F-Type. Auto braking is for people who do not know how to drive.

The F-Type was designed for auto enthusiasts who we hope are folks that know how to drive.

Old 05-08-2018, 02:45 AM
Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Arashmidos
Hi folks,

Got a quick but important question regarding the safety features of the 2018 F-type 340 hp. Does this model comes equipped with the Automatic Emergency Break ? The manual seems to be very vague but I have seen references that claim it is a standard feature on the 2018 model. I couldn't find much about this one.

Any input is much appreciated.

Good morning Arashmidos,

Thank you for your comment on the thread.

I have had a look into your query and I can confirm that all of the 2018 MY F-TYPE vehicles are equipped with the the Emergency Brake Assist as standard.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to PM me.

Thanks, Stacie

Old 05-17-2018, 09:54 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I hate BMW’s but they do make less squeaking sounds than my Jags.
I’m having squeaky noises on a month’s old F-Type, particularly behind my left ear, where my seatbelt is upheld by a leather loop, and also in the front above the glovebox. Any ideas?

Old 05-18-2018, 02:32 AM
Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Fleer
I hate BMW’s but they do make less squeaking sounds than my Jags.
I’m having squeaky noises on a month’s old F-Type, particularly behind my left ear, where my seatbelt is upheld by a leather loop, and also in the front above the glovebox. Any ideas?
Good morning Fleer.

Thank you for your comment on the thread.

I am sorry to learn that you are experiencing a squeaky noise from your F-Type.

I would recommend that you contact your local approved Jaguar retailer to enable them to investigate the noise further.

Should you require any further assistance once your concerns have been investigated please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks, Stacie

Old 05-21-2018, 09:51 AM
Received 135 Likes on 107 Posts

Not sure about the noise you have in the front, but the one behind your left ear is a probably loose clip for the package tray.

Old 05-21-2018, 10:06 AM
DJS
Veteran Member

I believe others have posted about the squeaky seatbelt issue - don't think there was a great solution, but a few jury-rigged ones seemed to jelp. Try searching, or perhaps one those with the issue will reply.

Old 05-22-2018, 08:12 PM

Thanks guys. It isn’t the tray or the seatbelt, actually. More like the taping (or liner) between the seat and the window. Or the window liner itself. Found some threads, but no real solution, apart from applying Honda paste to the liner. This is a new car (1K miles) and I understand it might have something to do with it being very stiff for a coupe. I enjoy listening to the engine, but every road bump gives me the squeaks.

Old 05-22-2018, 08:15 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks guys. It isn’t the tray or the seatbelt, actually. More like the taping (or liner) between the seat and the window. Or the window liner itself. Found some threads, but no real solution, apart from applying Honda paste to the liner. This is a new car (1K miles) and I understand it might have something to do with it being very stiff for a coupe. I enjoy listening to the engine, but every road bump gives me the squeaks.
Let the dealer handle it. That's their job.

Old 05-22-2018, 11:04 PM

Sadly read too many threads where dealers mismanaged this very problem, with even more squeaking as a result.

Old 05-23-2018, 03:29 AM
Veteran Member

Sadly read too many threads where dealers mismanaged this very problem, with even more squeaking as a result.
You do have a point there. You need to find a dealer you can trust. I wouldn't even think twice taking the car to mine for that issue. They've always resolved issues quickly and thoroughly except for the clutch and that's a Jag design flaw issue.

Old 05-23-2018, 07:02 AM

Thanks, Unhingd.

Old 05-24-2018, 11:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

So I haven't had my car for approximately 30 days, as they diagnose my check engine light and fuel injection issue. I'll get all the codes that have been triggered, and update here. This is the fifth time it has been in for this issue. I'd still don't know what's going on, other than the car shaking violently whenever this issue happens. It seems to have begun after the O2 sensors were updated.

Their main shop mechanic, at my dealer who I trust and love and am patient as possible with, is working with global headquarters to diagnose the problem and they're doing it step-by-step. I'm at the point of not even feeling like I own the car anymore, though it is still under warranty. I sort of wonder if I should take this opportunity to have them buy it back at high Blue Book, and sell me a new car at cost. The issues started around 22000 miles, and I'm at 38000 now. Lemon law doesn't seem to apply. I do love my dealer and they are nothing but wonderful... They even wanted to take care of a couple payments, but I bought my car out right.

They are very very serious about working with me and making sure I'm happy. It doesn't hurt that I'm 41 years old, very patient, very happy and kind, and likely the type of customer they will want to keep loyal into my senior years. It's been fun to have pseudo car subscription service for my loaners, where I'm always driving some interesting and different car. I might end up buying an Evoque because of it.

I'm only laying this down in here, because I want to know if this is a problem that has occurred at all with anyone else, with the F-type. I prefer it to be a completely aberrant issue, isolated to me, because I would end up more patient because of it. But if anyone else has ever had this experience, I would like to know about it to see if that situation might inform my experience. It is something about the fuel mixture running too rich, cylinders misfiring, and what I think somebody told me on these forums is that fuels dumping into the catalytic converter, likely damaging it, and that's where the violent shaking comes into play. I'll get the codes if they make a difference, gentle readers, thank you.

Old 05-24-2018, 05:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 625 Likes on 529 Posts

If you can absorb getting a new one and get a great deal, I'd do that. If it can't be diagnosed in 30 days, it's time for a buyout. You've suffered enough.

Old 05-24-2018, 06:56 PM
Received 100 Likes on 78 Posts

Oh man, you are ~still~ dealing with that?? Sheeesh! Sorry man, that must be painful...

Old 05-31-2018, 10:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by Misujerr
Oh man, you are ~still~ dealing with that?? Sheeesh! Sorry man, that must be painful...
Yeah. It's killing me. I've had an Evoque loaner I loved, but I have an automatic "S" (I'm a base), and the muffler is so less refined than the base. It's needy for attention like a young man in a muscle car. It sounds like someone blowing fart bubbles in the mud. Until now, I thought I regretted and wanted an "S". Now I am super thrilled.

But I think buy back may happen. 35+ days without the car, and they can't fix it going through all the stuff between dealer and corporate. No one has seen anything like this.

I think I've escalated to be known by regional techs, etc. I've got corporate contacting me on the buyback, and seeing if they will cover the car I buy new at the dealer at their cost. I know I had the car for 2 years+, but seriously.... this needs to be a wash for all my time, effort, 10x in the shop, etc. They can buy back at high value, give me a car at cost, and I'm good. We'll see.

My codes:

P0300 - General misfire

P0301 cylinder #1 misfire (a prior visit, they had fixed two of these other codes, I think cyl #3 and #4

P1315 pre-aesthetic misfire

P2097 cat fuel trim too rich bank #1

All this since k433 02 sensor recall update. I check my privilege... if this is one of my bigger problems in life, I'm pretty lucky. But it's impacting work, personal life, and my mood. So that's no bueno.

Quick Reply: Official Sticky Thread For Known Issues