Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official Sticky Thread For Known Issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 07:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by lhoboy
Apparently, no bs. They called this evening to let me know the flywheel came in and they installed it. They're just waiting for the insert to arrive tomorrow morning to address the fueling issue.

Tomorrow I ride!!
I am back in the saddle again. The originally failing part (which damaged a number of others needing replacement) was the clutch plate. Springs, and tynes found in pieces. Except for marring from the loose pieces, clutch disc and flywheel surface was exactly what would be expected at 800 miles. Clutch plate and mating pieces were carefully packed and shipped back to failure analysis at Jaguar engineering. Sachs will have plenty of 'splainin' to do, Lucy.

Fuel filler insert problem probably is not correlated with the color. It was explained to me that there is a pressure sensor in the insert that signals the appropriate valves in the vapor recovery system. If the sensor is defective, excess pressure builds in the fuel tank, fooling the gas nozzle into falsely sensing a full tank. Whether this is all true or not, my fill-up this evening at my favorite station went without interruption despite maximum flow. I be happy.

The following 2 users liked this post by Unhingd:
Foosh (08-13-2015), slojotaa (08-14-2015)
Old 08-18-2015, 09:26 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

New owner here - wondering if this is a known issue:

I can hear a light buzzing/vibration/humming noise when under acceleration coming from behind dash or drivier side top speaker area? - seems to be more prevalent with AC on.

This normal or where can I find more info on how to correct?

I love the exahust note but find myself distracted by this noise

The following users liked this post:
Fireze22 (09-06-2021)
Old 08-18-2015, 10:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by Holden
New owner here - wondering if this is a known issue:

I can hear a light buzzing/vibration/humming noise when under acceleration coming from behind dash or drivier side top speaker area? - seems to be more prevalent with AC on.

This normal or where can I find more info on how to correct?

I love the exahust note but find myself distracted by this noise
It is a known issue and has been reported here by several. Link is below.

It appears to be the result of HVAC lines vibrating against the firewall, and I think an easy fix.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...-noise-144495/

Old 08-18-2015, 10:28 AM
Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts

Hi Holden

Thank you for your message.

I am sorry to learn of the concern you are experiencing with your vehicle, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience or frustration that may have been caused.

I would be happy to request that you be contacted by Jaguar North America to discuss your concerns and see how they can assist and would be grateful if you are able to provide me with the following information;

Your full name
Telephone number
Email address
Vehicle registration
Last 6 of VIN
Relevant repairing Jaguar retailer

Once I have this information I will forward your details to our Global Team who will request that you be contacted by Jaguar North America.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Ryan

Old 08-18-2015, 06:12 PM
Received 67 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Another premature fuel shutoff issue.

Filled my tank for the first time this morning on a just delivered 2016 F-Type Base Coupe. I was not expecting a problem with the fuel nozzle prematurely shutting off. I live in rural Colorado. Our pumps have no vapor recovery systems on the spout all; it's just a pipe. I set the nozzle to the lowest flow setting, and was washing the window. The pump shut off at about 2 gallons. Then I withdrew the nozzle out about an inch, and restarted it. It shut off again. At that point I tried to fuel manually at lowest flow rate. Several more shut-offs, but finally managed to fill the tank. I didn't try to turn the handle to the side, but I will try that next time. Frustrating experience. Guess I have to call the dealer. Not just a CA problem it seems.

Old 08-18-2015, 06:38 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by mjm3457
Filled my tank for the first time this morning on a just delivered 2016 F-Type Base Coupe. I was not expecting a problem with the fuel nozzle prematurely shutting off. I live in rural Colorado. Our pumps have no vapor recovery systems on the spout all; it's just a pipe. I set the nozzle to the lowest flow setting, and was washing the window. The pump shut off at about 2 gallons. Then I withdrew the nozzle out about an inch, and restarted it. It shut off again. At that point I tried to fuel manually at lowest flow rate. Several more shut-offs, but finally managed to fill the tank. I didn't try to turn the handle to the side, but I will try that next time. Frustrating experience. Guess I have to call the dealer. Not just a CA problem it seems.
Definitely not just a CA problem. I was having serious problems filling here in MD at a couple stations where I've never previously had problems. My dealer replaced the fuel filler insert which includes some kind of vapor switch. Apparently there was a bad batch that is not properly signaling some vapor recovery valves, allowing the dispenser nozzle to falsely sense a full tank condition. Since the repair, not a single premature shut-off. Don't fight with it. Just take it to the dealer.

The following 3 users liked this post by Unhingd:
BierNut (08-18-2015), mjm3457 (08-18-2015), schraderade (09-21-2015)
Old 08-18-2015, 06:47 PM
Received 121 Likes on 71 Posts

Definitely not just a CA problem. I was having serious problems filling here in MD at a couple stations where I've never previously had problems. My dealer replaced the fuel filler insert which includes some kind of vapor switch. Apparently there was a bad batch that is not properly signaling some vapor recovery valves, allowing the dispenser nozzle to falsely sense a full tank condition. Since the repair, not a single premature shut-off. Don't fight with it. Just take it to the dealer.
Interesting, my dealer does not want to work on the filler issue as there is no service bulletin issued for the repair.

Did you find out about the bad batch from your dealer? Any indication whether a TSB is forthcoming?

FYI for everyone else - I just spoke with my SA, and replacement mufflers for the V6 S are back-ordered. Apparently there are none in North America, and I have to wait for JLR to manufacturer and ship one to my dealer. Estimate is 2-6 weeks! Meanwhile it sounds like there is loose change in my muffler.

Clearly I'm not the only one having multiple mufflers replaced on the V6 S.

Old 08-18-2015, 07:24 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by BierNut
Interesting, my dealer does not want to work on the filler issue as there is no service bulletin issued for the repair.

Did you find out about the bad batch from your dealer? Any indication whether a TSB is forthcoming?
That's just plain ridiculous. Whether there's a TSB out on anything or not, if it's not working, they have to fix it under warranty. Time to change your servicing dealer.
I do not believe there is a TSB out on this yet. My dealer did not admit to a bad batch. I came to that conclusion based on the fact, that some of us had this problem from day one, and many others had none. The CA connection initially appeared suspect since many on the forum reporting this problem were from CA (as are a lot of F-Type owners in general) and a fair number of us have experienced the shut-off problem on other cars specifically in CA. When my car arrived and was experiencing this issue where it had never occurred before, it pointed straight to a defect with the car.

I took some of the postings from one of the threads on this forum regarding the issue, and the technician was able deduce what the problem was. Had it figured out in no time, but had to wait a couple days for the part.

BierNut (08-18-2015)
Old 08-18-2015, 07:33 PM

Okay, thanks for the info.

I should clarify they did not refuse to attempt a repair, but due to no TSB and their being unaware of the root cause of the issue, I agreed it was probably best to wait for an official TSB. My SA's concern was that without knowing the root cause, they could not ensure the replacement filler tube would not have the same issues. Apparently they have to dismantle the trunk interior, and I want to limit the number of times it's removed as the interior clips have a habit of breaking/going missing after removal.

I'll follow up with my service department when the new muffler arrives.

Old 08-18-2015, 08:42 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by BierNut
My SA's concern was that without knowing the root cause, they could not ensure the replacement filler tube would not have the same issues. Apparently they have to dismantle the trunk interior, and I want to limit the number of times it's removed as the interior clips have a habit of breaking/going missing after removal.
That does make sense. I'll PM a service contact to you if you want to refer your service manager to someone who has solved the problem.

Old 08-18-2015, 08:47 PM

That does make sense. I'll PM a service contact to you if you want to refer your service manager to someone who has solved the problem.
If you wouldn't mind, I'd appreciate that!

Old 08-18-2015, 10:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 854 Posts

It actually seems to have been a couple of different, possibly unrelated, fuel filler problems. There was the problem in 14-15 models, which seemed to be limited essentially to cars in CA. With the '16MY, there's a now whole new crop of cars with problems everywhere.

I do agree it is ridiculous in both cases.

Old 09-20-2015, 05:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Valve noise

Originally Posted by Hannah@Jaguar
Hi

Thanks for your posts.

Should any of you require assistance regarding the tapping noise concern that is being described on this thread, we would recommend seeking the assistance and advice of your local authorised Jaguar retailer in the first instance.

Your retailer will also be able to submit a Quality Report to Jaguar to document the concern in an official sense.

Should any of you require additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be happy to help.

Regards

Ryan
I have the problem too with my V6S (14,000 klms). The heads are currently off and they found the valve buckets dented allowing lash. This has been there since new, so why would this happen? Otherwise no problems at all.

Old 09-21-2015, 11:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 401 Likes on 209 Posts

Thanks for sharing.
Do you happen to have the part number(s)? Should be on the work order/service receipt. That might help others here (including myself) who need to take this up with dealers.

Old 09-21-2015, 01:21 PM
Received 178 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by schraderade
Thanks for sharing.
Do you happen to have the part number(s)? Should be on the work order/service receipt. That might help others here (including myself) who need to take this up with dealers.
My car is going in for service next week and I am interested in more information about this too.

Old 09-21-2015, 04:09 PM
Veteran Member

I'll check the work order when I get home tonight.

schraderade (09-21-2015)
Old 09-22-2015, 05:07 AM
Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts

Hi All,

I would be more than happy to assist with any concerns or enquiries.

If you would like my assistance, please do not hesitate to PM me with the following details:

Your full name
Telephone number
Email address
Vehicle registration
Last 6 of VIN
Relevant repairing Jaguar retailer

Kind regards,

Hannah

Old 09-23-2015, 12:37 AM
Veteran Member

I'll check the work order when I get home tonight.
Sorry for the delay...life happens.

The part that was replaced to address the premature fuel fill shutoff was:
T2R13703 Pipe-Fuel Filler

I have not had a single problem since that part was replaced.

For those of you getting pushback because there is no TSB, do not take no for an answer. Just because a TSB does not exist, does not mean the service department is under no obligation to replace a defective part.

The following 3 users liked this post by Unhingd:
jmfan (09-24-2015), schraderade (09-23-2015), TR64ever (03-25-2017)
Old 09-23-2015, 06:08 PM
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Sirius/XM satellite radio dropouts?

I have just noticed something odd going on with my audio when playing from the XM source and thought I'd put this out there to see if anyone else has noticed this as well.

I'm not sure if there is a problem with my satellite receiver or antenna or something, but I recently started noticing that the XM radio signal will drop out for a few seconds at a time every few minutes (and sometimes more frequently.) I'm accustomed to dropouts happening while driving under obstructions, but this is happening while out in the open as well. If I'm looking at the radio when this happens, the display says its looking for the signal, so I know it is not just an audio drop out.

I don't listen to the radio on the Jag that often since I often have the radio off or I'm listening to music from my phone, but I have XM in all my cars and I've never seen this kind of behavior before. I don't recall this happening before... it seems to be a recent thing.

I have not noticed it happening when the car isn't moving (not that I've paid terribly close attention), so I'm wondering if there is an intermittent connection on the satellite antenna or something. Anyone have an idea where that antenna connection is on the convertible so I can do some DIY investigation? Right now it is not worth the time to take it into the dealership just to check on the radio unless it may be a symptom of a larger issue.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:38 AM
Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Sirius/XM satellite radio dropouts?

Originally Posted by Merlin
I have just noticed something odd going on with my audio when playing from the XM source and thought I'd put this out there to see if anyone else has noticed this as well.

I'm not sure if there is a problem with my satellite receiver or antenna or something, but I recently started noticing that the XM radio signal will drop out for a few seconds at a time every few minutes (and sometimes more frequently.) I'm accustomed to dropouts happening while driving under obstructions, but this is happening while out in the open as well. If I'm looking at the radio when this happens, the display says its looking for the signal, so I know it is not just an audio drop out.

I don't listen to the radio on the Jag that often since I often have the radio off or I'm listening to music from my phone, but I have XM in all my cars and I've never seen this kind of behavior before. I don't recall this happening before... it seems to be a recent thing.

I have not noticed it happening when the car isn't moving (not that I've paid terribly close attention), so I'm wondering if there is an intermittent connection on the satellite antenna or something. Anyone have an idea where that antenna connection is on the convertible so I can do some DIY investigation? Right now it is not worth the time to take it into the dealership just to check on the radio unless it may be a symptom of a larger issue.
I have noticed similar behavior, where it drops out for maybe 2 seconds at locations where I can't explain why it would. I don't think it happens that often, sometimes not at all for hours. I don't listen to MX enough to get a good feel for how often it happens, but I would say less than every 2 hours of drive, although sometimes it can happen a few times within 15 minutes. I don't think there is anything a DIY can solve, but that's just my gut feeling. You can perhaps get closer to the cause with some experiments, but my guess is that it's either just signal trouble (outside the scope of the car) or possibly the infotainment system/software that has some kind of intermittent busy/hiccup condition. Just wanted to give you my 5 cents before you tear the antenna and connections apart.

Quick Reply: Official Sticky Thread For Known Issues