F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official Sticky Thread For Known Issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 08:30 AM
Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

You are not being to critical. Have you brought it to the attention of the dealer? Can they realign the bonnet?
Let us know what the reaction is of the dealer.

Congrats on a beautiful car

Scott

Old 06-20-2014, 10:25 AM
Veteran Member
Received 401 Likes on 209 Posts

I also have a fit issue with the bonnet alignment on mine (build date may 2014).
The dealer here in the US is able to fix it. About 0.75cm shift. Frankly this should have been caught at the factory or VPC.

I'd recommend checking panel fit when buyers pick up their vehicles.

Old 06-20-2014, 12:06 PM
Received 243 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by schraderade
I also have a fit issue with the bonnet alignment on mine (build date may 2014).
The dealer here in the US is able to fix it. About 0.75cm shift. Frankly this should have been caught at the factory or VPC.

I'd recommend checking panel fit when buyers pick up their vehicles.
3/4 of a Centimeter? wow, that's is substantial.

One thing I immediately noticed at the dealer I visited was how many of the body seams were not consistent, and this inconsistency was apparent on a consistent basis, across all the half dozen F-Types on the lot.

Old 06-20-2014, 12:19 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by IronMike
3/4 of a Centimeter? wow, that's is substantial.
Yup. The dealer took a look and immediately wrote up a work order.

Jaguar prides itself on its aluminum stamping prowess... This is one of the strategic competitive advantages they've made a massive commitment to. So it's unfortunate that panel fit is an issue with the F types. It means they aren't execute core competency right at the factory.

Old 06-29-2014, 03:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,

New to the forum and Jaguar ownership, Just purchased a V8S with 7000 miles on the clock, have has a terrible experience. Problems so far:

1. Lambda sensor failed.
2. Paint bubbling on hood.
3. Headlamps full of condensation.
4. Rusty rivets connecting drivers seat to the floor.
5. Very smelly Aircon.
6. Damp smell in boot/trunk (and some condensation)
7. Hood alignment off.
8. Paint on lower rear behind door flaking off.
9. When I try to unplug my phone from under arm-rest, the whole facia pulls out.

Jaguar replaced the sensor and the headlights under warranty, said the rivets couldn't be changed and "were not a problem". The passenger ones have a little rust on them as well but not as bad at the divers side (could this be a problem for the MOT?). I'm waiting to hear from the dealer about the paint on the hood. I've only owned the car 2 weeks, but its spent 5 days with the garage so far.

Do others have these problems, or is it a sign this one is a lemon?

Old 06-29-2014, 04:14 PM
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Sounds like your car was flooded at some time--you need to do a vin#check.

The following 5 users liked this post by gotwish:
anindyam (03-20-2019), Nahla Artemis-Delphis (02-17-2019), omgomg (08-05-2014), rsqrd930 (08-26-2019), sov211 (04-08-2024)
Old 06-29-2014, 06:04 PM
Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by gotwish
Sounds like your car was flooded at some time--you need to do a vin#check.
It does seem like it.

Old 07-07-2014, 09:45 AM
Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts

Hi All,

If anyone has any outstanding issues please PM me your details and I will be more then happy to assist where I can.

Many Thanks

Mike

The following users liked this post:
Nahla Artemis-Delphis (02-17-2019)
Old 07-07-2014, 02:17 PM
Received 243 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@Jaguar
Hi All,

If anyone has any outstanding issues please PM me your details and I will be more then happy to assist where I can.

Many Thanks

Mike
Unless I missed it and this has been addressed already, a Locking Fuel Filler Cover would be nice ....

PD2911 (07-07-2014)
Old 07-07-2014, 02:39 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Mike@Jaguar
Hi All,

Many Thanks

Mike
FYI I've submitted feedback to Mike before and he's a good guy.
Glad you're monitoring things here Mike.... Jaguar is building a whole new demographic of owners who are fans here.

PD2911 (07-07-2014)
Old 07-07-2014, 03:52 PM
Received 227 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by schraderade
FYI I've submitted feedback to Mike before and he's a good guy.
Glad you're monitoring things here Mike.... Jaguar is building a whole new demographic of owners who are fans here.
+1 !

Old 08-04-2014, 06:50 PM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Default F-Type R trunk insert came unglued

A small issue, but I just picked up my new F-Type-R a few days ago and noticed that the trunk compartment cover has come unglued in the front (pic attached).

Anyone else have this issue? I have contacted the dealer and am hoping they just ship me a new one as I don't want to take it in just after I bought it - having too much fun driving it around!

EDIT: Sent a pic to the dealer and my they drove a new insert over to my office the next day and replaced it. Nice service....

Attached Thumbnails Official Sticky Thread For Known Issues-2014-08-03-15.29.43.jpg  

Last edited by golfhero; 08-07-2014 at 01:36 PM.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by golfhero
A small issue, but I just picked up my new F-Type-R a few days ago and noticed that the trunk compartment cover has come unglued in the front (pic attached).

Anyone else have this issue? I have contacted the dealer and am hoping they just ship me a new one as I don't want to take it in just after I bought it - having too much fun driving it around!

EDIT: Sent a pic to the dealer and my they drove a new insert over to my office the next day and replaced it. Nice service....
I have the exact same issue with the cover apparently not being glued properly.
Also, at least half the time I lock my vehicle by pushing in the door handle, there is no confirming "beep". Anyone else?

ESQ (09-29-2019)
Old 08-13-2014, 02:07 AM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Also, at least half the time I lock my vehicle by pushing in the door handle, there is no confirming "beep". Anyone else?[/QUOTE]

Mine only beeps when I dead lock it. That is press the lock button on the remote twice. A single press just locks it, and then it does not beep. Locking it by pressing the handle in causes no beeps as it is not dead locked. Would have to read the manual again to be sure about that!

Old 08-14-2014, 12:16 PM
Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Mine doesn't beep unless you accidentally hit the button on the handle OR leave your keys in the car OR it cant sense the key in your pocket.

I haven't looked for it in vehicle settings, maybe there is a setting in there - dunno. Sure you aren't accidentally hitting the button?

Old 08-14-2014, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by New2Jag
Mine doesn't beep unless you accidentally hit the button on the handle OR leave your keys in the car OR it cant sense the key in your pocket.

I haven't looked for it in vehicle settings, maybe there is a setting in there - dunno. Sure you aren't accidentally hitting the button?
I'm sure--I got out of the car three times today on errands. Two times, pushed in the handle, mirrors closed, no beep. One time, pushed in the handle, mirrors closed, beep occurred. When I go in for service, I'll ask a tech.

Old 08-16-2014, 12:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just purchased the F-type R Coupe and loving it except for two issues:

1) Check engine light is on. Taking it to dealer on Monday to diagnose. Will report back.
2) I am having difficulty putting gas in the tank. The gas nozzles keep shutting off as if they are losing their suction due to the angle of the nozzle when filling the car with gas. Last fill-up I had to manually hold the gas nozzle and even then it shut off about 60 times during the fill-up. Frustrating. Is anyone else having this problem?

Old 08-16-2014, 12:47 PM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jjfcoupe
Just purchased the F-type R Coupe and loving it except for two issues:

1) Check engine light is on. Taking it to dealer on Monday to diagnose. Will report back.
2) I am having difficulty putting gas in the tank. The gas nozzles keep shutting off as if they are losing their suction due to the angle of the nozzle when filling the car with gas. Last fill-up I had to manually hold the gas nozzle and even then it shut off about 60 times during the fill-up. Frustrating. Is anyone else having this problem?
I know exactly what you are talking about with the auto shut off on filling up with gas - it drove me crazy with my BMW M6, but have not had any issues with the F-Type R.

On the check engine light the dealer trip sounds like a plan, but if you are curious you can scan it yourself. I bought this and find it useful - all kinds of good info and you get realtime stats while driving:

ScanTool.net LLC - OBDLink MX Bluetooth Scan Tool | OBD Adapter - ScanTool.net

Old 08-16-2014, 01:50 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by golfhero
I know exactly what you are talking about with the auto shut off on filling up with gas - it drove me crazy with my BMW M6, but have not had any issues with the F-Type R.
+1. I've had this issue too.

Old 08-16-2014, 05:10 PM
Received 227 Likes on 172 Posts

On the filler issue, I had that issue more early on than I do know. I agree it's an issue, but what usually works for me with this car is to lightly seat the anti-evaporation seal around the filler rather than seat it more firmly. Still get the odd issue, but it seems less prevalent doing it this way rather than the other.

schraderade (08-16-2014)

Quick Reply: Official Sticky Thread For Known Issues