F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards

Official Sticky Thread For Known Issues

 
  #21  
Old 06-16-2014, 08:30 AM
themacs's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: San Clemente, CA
Posts: 172
Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
Default

You are not being to critical. Have you brought it to the attention of the dealer? Can they realign the bonnet?
Let us know what the reaction is of the dealer.

Congrats on a beautiful car

Scott
 
  #22  
Old 06-20-2014, 10:25 AM
schraderade's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,112
Received 387 Likes on 206 Posts
Default

I also have a fit issue with the bonnet alignment on mine (build date may 2014).
The dealer here in the US is able to fix it. About 0.75cm shift. Frankly this should have been caught at the factory or VPC.

I'd recommend checking panel fit when buyers pick up their vehicles.
 
  #23  
Old 06-20-2014, 12:06 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Southern Cal
Posts: 672
Received 232 Likes on 148 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by schraderade View Post
I also have a fit issue with the bonnet alignment on mine (build date may 2014).
The dealer here in the US is able to fix it. About 0.75cm shift. Frankly this should have been caught at the factory or VPC.

I'd recommend checking panel fit when buyers pick up their vehicles.
3/4 of a Centimeter? wow, that's is substantial.

One thing I immediately noticed at the dealer I visited was how many of the body seams were not consistent, and this inconsistency was apparent on a consistent basis, across all the half dozen F-Types on the lot.
 
  #24  
Old 06-20-2014, 12:19 PM
schraderade's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,112
Received 387 Likes on 206 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by IronMike View Post
3/4 of a Centimeter? wow, that's is substantial.
Yup. The dealer took a look and immediately wrote up a work order.

Jaguar prides itself on its aluminum stamping prowess... This is one of the strategic competitive advantages they've made a massive commitment to. So it's unfortunate that panel fit is an issue with the F types. It means they aren't execute core competency right at the factory.
 
  #25  
Old 06-29-2014, 03:57 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Hi all,

New to the forum and Jaguar ownership, Just purchased a V8S with 7000 miles on the clock, have has a terrible experience. Problems so far:

1. Lambda sensor failed.
2. Paint bubbling on hood.
3. Headlamps full of condensation.
4. Rusty rivets connecting drivers seat to the floor.
5. Very smelly Aircon.
6. Damp smell in boot/trunk (and some condensation)
7. Hood alignment off.
8. Paint on lower rear behind door flaking off.
9. When I try to unplug my phone from under arm-rest, the whole facia pulls out.

Jaguar replaced the sensor and the headlights under warranty, said the rivets couldn't be changed and "were not a problem". The passenger ones have a little rust on them as well but not as bad at the divers side (could this be a problem for the MOT?). I'm waiting to hear from the dealer about the paint on the hood. I've only owned the car 2 weeks, but its spent 5 days with the garage so far.

Do others have these problems, or is it a sign this one is a lemon?
 
  #26  
Old 06-29-2014, 04:14 PM
gotwish's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Memphis
Posts: 190
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Default

Sounds like your car was flooded at some time--you need to do a vin#check.
 
The following 3 users liked this post by gotwish:
anindyam (03-20-2019), Nahla Artemis-Delphis (02-17-2019), omgomg (08-05-2014)
  #27  
Old 06-29-2014, 06:04 PM
Dremorg's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 967
Received 105 Likes on 89 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by gotwish View Post
Sounds like your car was flooded at some time--you need to do a vin#check.
It does seem like it.
 
  #28  
Old 07-07-2014, 09:45 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Coventry
Posts: 207
Received 119 Likes on 72 Posts
Default

Hi All,

If anyone has any outstanding issues please PM me your details and I will be more then happy to assist where I can.

Many Thanks

Mike
 
The following users liked this post:
Nahla Artemis-Delphis (02-17-2019)
  #29  
Old 07-07-2014, 02:17 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Southern Cal
Posts: 672
Received 232 Likes on 148 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hi All,

If anyone has any outstanding issues please PM me your details and I will be more then happy to assist where I can.

Many Thanks

Mike
Unless I missed it and this has been addressed already, a Locking Fuel Filler Cover would be nice ....
 
The following users liked this post:
PD2911 (07-07-2014)
  #30  
Old 07-07-2014, 02:39 PM
schraderade's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,112
Received 387 Likes on 206 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hi All,

If anyone has any outstanding issues please PM me your details and I will be more then happy to assist where I can.

Many Thanks

Mike
FYI I've submitted feedback to Mike before and he's a good guy.
Glad you're monitoring things here Mike.... Jaguar is building a whole new demographic of owners who are fans here.
 
The following users liked this post:
PD2911 (07-07-2014)
  #31  
Old 07-07-2014, 03:52 PM
swajames's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 903
Received 226 Likes on 171 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by schraderade View Post
FYI I've submitted feedback to Mike before and he's a good guy.
Glad you're monitoring things here Mike.... Jaguar is building a whole new demographic of owners who are fans here.
+1 !
 
  #32  
Old 08-04-2014, 06:50 PM
golfhero's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Toronto
Posts: 68
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Default F-Type R trunk insert came unglued

A small issue, but I just picked up my new F-Type-R a few days ago and noticed that the trunk compartment cover has come unglued in the front (pic attached).

Anyone else have this issue? I have contacted the dealer and am hoping they just ship me a new one as I don't want to take it in just after I bought it - having too much fun driving it around!

EDIT: Sent a pic to the dealer and my they drove a new insert over to my office the next day and replaced it. Nice service....
 
Attached Thumbnails Official Sticky Thread For Known Issues-2014-08-03-15.29.43.jpg  

Last edited by golfhero; 08-07-2014 at 01:36 PM.
  #33  
Old 08-12-2014, 10:28 PM
gotwish's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Memphis
Posts: 190
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by golfhero View Post
A small issue, but I just picked up my new F-Type-R a few days ago and noticed that the trunk compartment cover has come unglued in the front (pic attached).

Anyone else have this issue? I have contacted the dealer and am hoping they just ship me a new one as I don't want to take it in just after I bought it - having too much fun driving it around!

EDIT: Sent a pic to the dealer and my they drove a new insert over to my office the next day and replaced it. Nice service....
I have the exact same issue with the cover apparently not being glued properly.
Also, at least half the time I lock my vehicle by pushing in the door handle, there is no confirming "beep". Anyone else?
 
  #34  
Old 08-13-2014, 02:07 AM
pembroke's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 83
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

Also, at least half the time I lock my vehicle by pushing in the door handle, there is no confirming "beep". Anyone else?[/QUOTE]

Mine only beeps when I dead lock it. That is press the lock button on the remote twice. A single press just locks it, and then it does not beep. Locking it by pressing the handle in causes no beeps as it is not dead locked. Would have to read the manual again to be sure about that!
 
  #35  
Old 08-14-2014, 12:16 PM
New2Jag's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 338
Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts
Default

Mine doesn't beep unless you accidentally hit the button on the handle OR leave your keys in the car OR it cant sense the key in your pocket.

I haven't looked for it in vehicle settings, maybe there is a setting in there - dunno. Sure you aren't accidentally hitting the button?
 
  #36  
Old 08-14-2014, 02:43 PM
gotwish's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Memphis
Posts: 190
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by New2Jag View Post
Mine doesn't beep unless you accidentally hit the button on the handle OR leave your keys in the car OR it cant sense the key in your pocket.

I haven't looked for it in vehicle settings, maybe there is a setting in there - dunno. Sure you aren't accidentally hitting the button?
I'm sure--I got out of the car three times today on errands. Two times, pushed in the handle, mirrors closed, no beep. One time, pushed in the handle, mirrors closed, beep occurred. When I go in for service, I'll ask a tech.
 
  #37  
Old 08-16-2014, 12:26 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Just purchased the F-type R Coupe and loving it except for two issues:


1) Check engine light is on. Taking it to dealer on Monday to diagnose. Will report back.
2) I am having difficulty putting gas in the tank. The gas nozzles keep shutting off as if they are losing their suction due to the angle of the nozzle when filling the car with gas. Last fill-up I had to manually hold the gas nozzle and even then it shut off about 60 times during the fill-up. Frustrating. Is anyone else having this problem?
 
  #38  
Old 08-16-2014, 12:47 PM
golfhero's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Toronto
Posts: 68
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jjfcoupe View Post
Just purchased the F-type R Coupe and loving it except for two issues:


1) Check engine light is on. Taking it to dealer on Monday to diagnose. Will report back.
2) I am having difficulty putting gas in the tank. The gas nozzles keep shutting off as if they are losing their suction due to the angle of the nozzle when filling the car with gas. Last fill-up I had to manually hold the gas nozzle and even then it shut off about 60 times during the fill-up. Frustrating. Is anyone else having this problem?
I know exactly what you are talking about with the auto shut off on filling up with gas - it drove me crazy with my BMW M6, but have not had any issues with the F-Type R.

On the check engine light the dealer trip sounds like a plan, but if you are curious you can scan it yourself. I bought this and find it useful - all kinds of good info and you get realtime stats while driving:

ScanTool.net LLC - OBDLink MX Bluetooth Scan Tool | OBD Adapter - ScanTool.net
 
  #39  
Old 08-16-2014, 01:50 PM
schraderade's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,112
Received 387 Likes on 206 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by golfhero View Post
I know exactly what you are talking about with the auto shut off on filling up with gas - it drove me crazy with my BMW M6, but have not had any issues with the F-Type R.
+1. I've had this issue too.
 
  #40  
Old 08-16-2014, 05:10 PM
swajames's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 903
Received 226 Likes on 171 Posts
Default

On the filler issue, I had that issue more early on than I do know. I agree it's an issue, but what usually works for me with this car is to lightly seat the anti-evaporation seal around the filler rather than seat it more firmly. Still get the odd issue, but it seems less prevalent doing it this way rather than the other.
 
The following users liked this post:
schraderade (08-16-2014)

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official Sticky Thread For Known Issues


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: