F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official Sticky Thread For Known Issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 09:12 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by gotwish
I have the exact same issue with the cover apparently not being glued properly.
Also, at least half the time I lock my vehicle by pushing in the door handle, there is no confirming "beep". Anyone else?

Had the same issue with the baggage lid upholstery coming loose. Took it in to Momentum Jaguar Houston and they replaced the entire cover. Said there was a service order/bulletin on it.

Old 11-22-2014, 07:06 AM
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Now with my car with me it never beeps, except if the keys are out of reach or there is another door open.

Old 11-22-2014, 10:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 333 Likes on 231 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by cdwilli1
On the gas tank filling, I had the same issue for a few months then, suddenly, it was OK. I have no idea what happened. Perhaps just filling it up a few times made everything smoother?
Same issues here,have filled the car up 3 times and the first 2 times,it clicked off after about 5 gallons,then it's click,click,click until fuel comes pouring out the fill neck!

Old 11-22-2014, 12:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 401 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by cdwilli1
On the gas tank filling, I had the same issue for a few months then, suddenly, it was OK. I have no idea what happened. Perhaps just filling it up a few times made everything smoother?
Swajames posted a note on this some time back. The F-Type tank outlet hasn't been designed to work very well with overflow sensors common in US gas stations.
His suggestion, which worked for me, was to make sure the gas nozzle properly covers the entire outlet hole.

The following users liked this post:
swajames (11-30-2014)
Old 11-22-2014, 12:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 401 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by jns2001
Now with my car with me it never beeps, except if the keys are out of reach or there is another door open.
I believe the design spec is:

1. If you close the door fully then push the handle in, the car locks and does not beep.

2. If any door is open (or partially open) and you push the handle, the car beeps. As a warning. Note that if you just push the handle to close the door it will also beep because it thinks you're trying to lock a door that hasn't been fully closed. This is frankly poor user design.

3. If you press the lock button the car doesn't beep. British understatement. If you push it again, it will beep a confirmation.

For those who have heard the locking beep before, could it be that you attempted #1 but actually got #2 because the door wasn't finished closing before the handle was pushed?

Old 11-26-2014, 09:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love my new F-type, but it did have one glitch on day 10. It nagged me that my 'bonnet is open' (and showed it on the center screen). It still let me drive it, so no problem 'til I got to my destination and tried to lock it...car would lock, then immediately unlock and give a long beep (and give the 'bonnet is open' msg on the center screen). Tried re-closing the bonnet 3 times...didn't help.

Went home, used a multimeter, found the microswitch under the latch is not functioning correctly -- little metal tab seems misaligned. Disconnected the female connector side and jumpered it with a wire...problem solved for now. Will bring it to dealer when I have time or until another issue occurs.

uncheel (01-11-2015)
Old 11-28-2014, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar.com
Same issues here,have filled the car up 3 times and the first 2 times,it clicked off after about 5 gallons,then it's click,click,click until fuel comes pouring out the fill neck!
I experimented with mine the other day.
For me at my local station if I don't push the nozzle as far in as possible so that it hangs a little down and rotate so the handle is a little forward of the fill port it worked fine. Rotate behind and/or as far in as possible and it would keep cutting off.
Many stations have different nozzles so just have to experiment and find which works best with each one.

buickfunnycar.com (12-01-2014)
Old 12-01-2014, 01:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 333 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by ldmack3
I experimented with mine the other day.
For me at my local station if I don't push the nozzle as far in as possible so that it hangs a little down and rotate so the handle is a little forward of the fill port it worked fine. Rotate behind and/or as far in as possible and it would keep cutting off.
Many stations have different nozzles so just have to experiment and find which works best with each one...
Thanks for that advice,I'm using Shell gasoline and will experiment with your suggestion next time I fill up...

Old 12-31-2014, 05:30 PM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Curious. Hey SWJAMES. What did the dealer tell about your radio issue, my rears are the same, not much sound at all.

Last edited by Tar1018; 12-31-2014 at 05:32 PM.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:08 PM
Received 227 Likes on 172 Posts

Sorry for the delayed reply, I just saw this. At this point they've not been very helpful... I do plan to bring it up next time I'm in for a service. I exchanged some PM's with the Jaguar reps who post on the forum, but the largely just said it's something to take up with the dealers...

Old 01-11-2015, 01:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Now resolved

Dear all, i took delivery of the first f type coupe in the GCC in May 2014.

All issues now resolved as of 2 days ago in sequential order:
[*]Drivers door side glass rattle at 3,500rpm [*]Rear pump noise at low speeds in car park[*]Rear view camera unaligned[*]Speaker rattle (meridien)

At point of sale (ordered in January 2014) i was told the enhanced leather package white stiching would match, however have a blend of silver and white, this can't be fixed and is just one of those things.

The dealer here, Al Tayer, have been very responsive on all issues but this has taken 7 months to resolve, however I have been compensated with free services and some add on extras.

Love the car - looking forward to just driving it

Old 01-23-2015, 04:22 PM
Received 73 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by swajames
I exchanged some PM's with the Jaguar reps who post on the forum, but the largely just said it's something to take up with the dealers...
I think we've all been told the same. Unfortunately dealers have been unable to fix the sound issues properly. It needs a proper audio engineer. Just adding foam and tape reduces the quality and impact of a feature we've paid extra money for.

Old 01-24-2015, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Andy H
Dear all, i took delivery of the first f type coupe in the GCC in May 2014.

All issues now resolved as of 2 days ago in sequential order:[*]Drivers door side glass rattle at 3,500rpm [*]Rear pump noise at low speeds in car park[*]Rear view camera unaligned[*]Speaker rattle (meridien)

At point of sale (ordered in January 2014) i was told the enhanced leather package white stiching would match, however have a blend of silver and white, this can't be fixed and is just one of those things.

The dealer here, Al Tayer, have been very responsive on all issues but this has taken 7 months to resolve, however I have been compensated with free services and some add on extras.

Love the car - looking forward to just driving it

Regarding the pump noise.
Seems I remember seeing something on the pump noise but can't find it now.

I noticed the other day there is some kind of soft "purring" (haha) noise from the LH rear portion of the car that only seems to happen at very low speeds. It starts and stops repeatedly for a bit then stops

Is that what you experienced and what was the solution and details?
Thanks

Old 01-29-2015, 11:02 AM
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Here's my issues:

With ECO mode on, when I back into my garage and hit the brakes, the eco mode will engage and shut off the engine. Then I put the car into Park and release the brakes and the whole car will just shut off as if I hit the start/stop button. Doesn't matter if the top/roof is closing, it will just cut off. Happens about 50% of the time.

My solution is to just don't use ECO mode. We all don't like it anyways. Anyone else encounter this?

Also when in Dynamic mode and going slow like 5-10 mph for a long distance (in my friends development), the car tends to jerk around like RPMs bouncing up and down like it is gear hunting. My solution is just drive faster lol. This normal behavior?

Old 01-29-2015, 11:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 854 Posts

I usually drive in dynamic mode except in very poor weather, and I almost never drive it in auto, but manually with the paddles. Thus, I haven't experienced the issues you describe with either eco mode or gear hunting.

The easier solution is to just drive it manually, which I think yields considerably more enjoyment of the car.

Old 01-29-2015, 11:29 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,068 Likes on 1,373 Posts

Originally Posted by kingkong79
Here's my issues:

With ECO mode on, when I back into my garage and hit the brakes, the eco mode will engage and shut off the engine. Then I put the car into Park and release the brakes and the whole car will just shut off as if I hit the start/stop button. Doesn't matter if the top/roof is closing, it will just cut off. Happens about 50% of the time.

My solution is to just don't use ECO mode. We all don't like it anyways. Anyone else encounter this?

Also when in Dynamic mode and going slow like 5-10 mph for a long distance (in my friends development), the car tends to jerk around like RPMs bouncing up and down like it is gear hunting. My solution is just drive faster lol. This normal behavior?

I have exactly the ECO mode issue you describe, and a software update didn't help. I almost always drive in dynamic, so it isn't much of an issue. But as you describe, I've had it kill the ignition when the roof is half up, and the only solution is to start the engine. There are also times that if I turn on the ignition without starting the engine (i.e. push 'start' with foot not on the brake), I can't operate the roof.

Haven't witnessed what you describe at lower speeds. Don't drive much at low speeds (), but sometimes in traffic it's inevitable. I find it to be very smooth, no lugging at all at lift-off, etc.

Old 01-29-2015, 08:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJS
I have exactly the ECO mode issue you describe, and a software update didn't help. I almost always drive in dynamic, so it isn't much of an issue. But as you describe, I've had it kill the ignition when the roof is half up, and the only solution is to start the engine. There are also times that if I turn on the ignition without starting the engine (i.e. push 'start' with foot not on the brake), I can't operate the roof.

Haven't witnessed what you describe at lower speeds. Don't drive much at low speeds (), but sometimes in traffic it's inevitable. I find it to be very smooth, no lugging at all at lift-off, etc.
i have the same thing happening with ECO+Park. i effing hate it...nothing like pulling up in this sweet ride put it in park and the effing car dies with the top stuck half up...sigh. imho, it feels like this is some sort of bug that the designers/engineers just haven't addressed.

Old 01-29-2015, 08:34 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Spyglasscircle
i have the same thing happening with ECO+Park. i effing hate it...nothing like pulling up in this sweet ride put it in park and the effing car dies with the top stuck half up...sigh. imho, it feels like this is some sort of bug that the designers/engineers just haven't addressed.
You have 4 ways to solve that problem, which the engineers designed in.

1) Pull that console lever over to the left, and tap a paddle--problem solved.

2) Even more simple, enable the paddles to work in auto mode on the menu and leave it that way, and tap the downshift paddle when rolling to a stop. You'll never see eco-mode again if you do either of those things--problem solved.

3) Even more simple than that. Press the eco-mode button to turn it off when the light is on. It won't be on if you do #1 or #2 above--problem solved.

4) The simplest is to turn on dynamic mode in which case eco-mode is disabled--problem solved.

There is a 5th way that only requires slightly more technical skill. Disconnect the small battery in the trunk, and you don't have to do any of the above.

I cannot remember the last time, I've experienced an unexpected eco-mode shutdown. There are so many ways around it.

Last edited by Foosh; 01-29-2015 at 08:43 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 250 Likes on 139 Posts

I was somewhat surprised that the car doesn't have anything in the user interface that lets you set car defaults like ECO mode = Off. I hate ECO mode and just wanted to turn it off once and for all.

Same complaint but opposite for the Active Exhaust.

First thing I do when I start up is turn ECO off and AE on.

I can almost guarantee the start states would be programmable, they're just not exposed through the user interface.

Although I never used it, some of the Audi enthusiasts had a special cable and software you could plug into the cars ECU and then play with all the factory defaults (including stuff like turning off the max speed governor which was a pay-for Audi option - rip-off when it's just a software setting).

Old 01-29-2015, 08:53 PM
Veteran Member

Get used to this stuff, folks. Neither JLR, nor any other car company can avoid using systems like eco-mode because both in the U.S. and Europe, there are mandated corporate fuel-economy requirements. That may well be true in other parts of the world as well. These requirements will only become more stringent over time, which my logical/rational self knows is actually a good thing for the planet.

Quite frankly, I think JLR should be congratulated for how easy it is to make it invisible in so many different ways. However, it has to be on the car so it can be government tested and certified that way for fuel-economy reasons.

Quick Reply: Official Sticky Thread For Known Issues