F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P7 Style Front Grill Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2023, 09:24 PM
Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Interested, but have a question (or three). 1) Was this one-piece grill modeled specifically to fit the '14-'20 F-Type? Or is it a copy based on an F-Pace which, from what I understand, does not fit perfectly and/or requires modification. B) Are attachment points/supports included for installation the same as the F-type? 3) Will there be concise installation instructions!

Last edited by PaulBarrrera; 03-19-2023 at 11:44 PM. Reason: more questions
Old 03-20-2023, 02:17 AM
Received 376 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by shashi27
Same here.
make sure to fill out form. Thanks.

Old 03-20-2023, 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by PaulBarrrera
Interested, but have a question (or three). 1) Was this one-piece grill modeled specifically to fit the '14-'20 F-Type? Or is it a copy based on an F-Pace which, from what I understand, does not fit perfectly and/or requires modification. B) Are attachment points/supports included for installation the same as the F-type? 3) Will there be concise installation instructions!
1.) yes
2.) yes
3.) we will try to have some yes

make sure to fill out form if interested.

The following users liked this post:
PaulBarrrera (03-20-2023)
Old 03-20-2023, 08:33 AM

Spoke with the supplier this morning. They sent some better pictures of the grill per my request, so we could see if the quality was decent as I continue to gather interest. Internet pictures are never good enough to know for sure, but this appears to be a good start and looks like at least the finish is better than some of the previous models I have seen. Won't know for sure until we get the actual sample in, but I will let you be the judge. Once I get one in, I will take some macro photos of the actual grill so you can see close up of the finish and decide. That was my biggest gripe outside of the other company never delivering, in the past.

PaulBarrrera (03-20-2023)
Old 03-20-2023, 10:35 AM
Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

Im in!

Old 03-20-2023, 11:28 AM
Veteran Member
Received 550 Likes on 356 Posts

,snip. 3) Will there be concise installation instructions!
I would be shocked if there are worthwhile directions from the vendor. Most often in projects like this, the directions are so bad that it's better to throw them away and figure it out.

On the upside, there are a number of videos on Youtube about how to remove the front bumper and then the grill

Old 03-20-2023, 11:44 AM
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I’m in.

skizot (03-20-2023)
Old 03-20-2023, 12:50 PM

History lesson for anyone interested in reading. My suspicion is that this grill being offered to me, is the same company who was making them for another (to remain unnamed) company and decided to also sell direct. I don't know that for sure. Nevertheless, I was pretty adamant about not purchasing and installing one with the quality issues before, but its been over a year, so maybe those are all resolved now. We should know soon enough.

Project 7 grill resources? - Page 10 - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Old 03-20-2023, 05:04 PM
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by eeeeek
I would be shocked if there are worthwhile directions from the vendor. Most often in projects like this, the directions are so bad that it's better to throw them away and figure it out.

On the upside, there are a number of videos on Youtube about how to remove the front bumper and then the grill
We shall crowdsource and make our own instruction manual! Perhaps a step by step process that members can edit as they see fit, based on their first hand experiences fitting the grille?

Old 03-20-2023, 05:14 PM

Best I can tell the company who is making these might be the same ones who manufactured them for VR. If so, ill
be very curious on the quality of the item. I originally was very much against this product so hopefully the quality has changed since over a year ago.

Old 03-20-2023, 05:36 PM
Received 190 Likes on 111 Posts

I would also suggest you take delivery of all the parts, and distribute yourself - rather than having them send direct to each customer. The only way you can keep up to date on the quality is to inspect it yourself.

Old 03-20-2023, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by mcphill
I would also suggest you take delivery of all the parts, and distribute yourself - rather than having them send direct to each customer. The only way you can keep up to date on the quality is to inspect it yourself.
that is the goal

Old 03-21-2023, 10:55 AM
Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by skizot
that is the goal
This world isn't good enough for you, Skizot.

skizot (03-21-2023)
Old 03-21-2023, 11:15 AM
Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Just curious, I noticed the spaces for the front parking control are imbedded in the proposed grill. Is there a way to remove them? I don't have that option (although just about every other one) and I'd be concerned about butchering a new (and somewhat fragile) grill. My understanding is that the front parking system was not a particularly popular option. Asking for a friend.........

Old 03-21-2023, 12:01 PM

Just curious, I noticed the spaces for the front parking control are imbedded in the proposed grill. Is there a way to remove them? I don't have that option (although just about every other one) and I'd be concerned about butchering a new (and somewhat fragile) grill. My understanding is that the front parking system was not a particularly popular option. Asking for a friend.........
No, there are integrated into the grill. If you wanted to modify it, you would have to cut them out and sand and paint the areas, leave them be with no sensors installed, install some "faux" sensors to fill the holes even if they were non-functional or find some sort of rubber plug to fill in the holes otherwise. I was not aware of a model F-Type that did not have these sensors, interesting that was an option.

Old 03-21-2023, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Nodnarb
This world isn't good enough for you, Skizot.
Just a heads up, this comes in only one color, gloss black. You could easily wrap the surround a different color, but it won't come that way.

Old 03-21-2023, 08:01 PM
Received 236 Likes on 122 Posts

I cannot tell you how many times my parking sensors have saved me.... they are worth their weight in gold..... as is the blind spot monitoring....

skizot (03-22-2023)
Old 03-22-2023, 07:03 AM

Good day to all. I just received shipping confirmation for the one grill sample order that was placed. It looks like it is coming via UPS saver (from China). So I am not sure the turn around time of that, but will post up results once I get this in.

Last edited by skizot; 03-22-2023 at 07:17 AM.
Old 03-22-2023, 07:52 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Is this not the same Grill in the link below...

C$ 1,235.54 | 3D Printing Front Bumper Grill For Jaguar F-TYPE SVR Coupe P7 Style Front Grille Tuning Bumper Grills Racing Grill Cover Bodykithttps://a.aliexpress.com/_mMOFoSA

Old 03-22-2023, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Ftypess
Is this not the same Grill in the link below...

C$ 1,235.54 | 3D Printing Front Bumper Grill For Jaguar F-TYPE SVR Coupe P7 Style Front Grille Tuning Bumper Grills Racing Grill Cover Bodykithttps://a.aliexpress.com/_mMOFoSA
Yes this looks to me to be the same grill, so if that is true, the price at $775 shipped version $860 shipped, would be a welcome price reduction for anyone interested. This is not the same company I am working with, but my assumption is they may all come from the same factory. Perhaps this reseller on Aliexpress is sourcing them from who I am speaking with. To be honest, I am not entirely sure.

Nodnarb (03-22-2023)

Quick Reply: P7 Style Front Grill Group Buy