Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Part Code for MY14 Design Pack Rear Diffuser

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 10:31 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Part Code for MY14 Design Pack Rear Diffuser

Hey all,

Looking for a bit of help identifying the code for a particular part. I'm looking to replace the back diffuser of my 2014 F-Type V6 S (the gloss black plastic panel under the license plate panel that surrounds the exhaust pipes) since someone scratched out two chunks of it while I left it unattended, and stumbled upon pictures of the 2014 Design Pack diffuser which has a body coloured panel running along the bottom and around the exhaust pipe. I personally think this one looks much better, and would like to replace the current one on my car with one of these.

Only issue is, I'm having trouble finding the part number to be able to order it! Attached are some images showing the diffuser--any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also, dealer has instructed me that if I can provide the VIN of a car with the design pack, they can also assist with the search, so if your car happens to have it please PM me!

Attached Thumbnails Part Code for MY14 Design Pack Rear Diffuser-screen-shot-2018-01-11-11.19.51-am.png   Part Code for MY14 Design Pack Rear Diffuser-screen-shot-2018-01-11-11.09.12-pm.png   Part Code for MY14 Design Pack Rear Diffuser-198e777cb8d0735b42bcdbf8614e488a.jpg  
Old 01-12-2018, 02:01 PM
Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Take a look at this ebay auction, one of the pictures shows the Glacier White part number

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-Genuine-Jaguar-F-Type-rear-Bumper-Diffuser-orange/253182152303?epid=0&hash=item3af2d50e6f:g:nrMAAOSw kvRZzr5l

I'd like to know how easy it is to swap out.

The following users liked this post:
helo008 (01-12-2018)
Old 01-12-2018, 02:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Unfortunately, it looks like that diffuser is only available as part of a complete design pack set:https://www.jaguarlandroverrenoparts...MtMGwtdjYtZ2Fz

You might be better off shipping that eBay offering from the UK.

helo008 (01-18-2018)
Old 01-12-2018, 04:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,122 Likes on 2,303 Posts

Yep, I have wanted that Design Pack rear diffuser panel for ages now, and also tried to find out how easy/hard it is to fit, but I have never been able to find that piece by itself or any info about fitting it. One issue I would have is the reversing/fog lights, my OEM panel has the "double" lights, red for fog lights and white for reversing, both halogen globes, whereas the Design Pack panel has a single clear light cover each side which I believe are LED globes that double as both reversing and fog lights, so the question is could I change over from the halogen lights to the LED lights without it costing a bomb?

Old 01-12-2018, 05:48 PM

Awesome, thanks for the help scz4! I'm not sure if I'll be able to order it, but I'm bringing the F-Type in to the dealer for some minor issues next week and will try to get them to order me one of these while I'm there. Crossing my fingers!

OzXFR, I've also had difficulty finding out info on this, so I'm going to talk to British Motor Cars in SF (SF Jaguar dealer) and see if they can order one in for me now that I'm armed with the part #, as they have told me they should be able to order most parts as long as they have the item number. Will let you know how it goes! Also, regarding the lights, for some reason my MY14 comes with just the single white lights like the ones on the design pack that I uploaded above, so I can't speak much for the conversion. However, if you look at the original F-Types that they marketed though, they were equipped with the design pack as well as the two tone lights (halogen?), like yours. Perhaps the design pack was offered with both types of lights, both before and after they made the switch? If so, there should be another model of design pack diffuser for your car.

OzXFR (01-12-2018)
Old 01-12-2018, 06:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,122 Likes on 2,303 Posts

Thanks for that helo, I never knew that the early Design Pack rear panel came with the red & white lights, I always thought it only ever had the single white lights.
But I doubt it's a part still stocked by JLR spare parts, and even if they did still have one it would have to be imported from the UK and it would cost an absolute bomb.
Seems my only chance is an eBay seller or a wreckers yard, both extreme long shots!

Old 01-14-2018, 08:34 AM
Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

i want plastidip the red foglight reallly don't like on my car .(

Old 01-18-2018, 02:37 PM

Hey all, just a quick update on the diffuser. After a long search with the parts department at my dealer, they unfortunately were not able to find the diffuser sold on its own, only as a package like Unhingd linked. Also, it apparently comes in only gloss black or satin black, so I imagine some painting is also in order if you do decide to purchase it. They were also unable to confirm if it would actually fit the same mounting bracket, so I decided it was too much of a risk and just ordered the stock diffuser instead. I think the only realistic option to get it, like you said Oz, is to find an eBay takeoff from a MY14 car that came with the package and is also the same colour as your car.

Sorry this search didn't turn out more fruitful, but hopefully this helps if anyone is looking for this part in the future!

Old 01-18-2018, 08:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by helo008
Hey all,

Looking for a bit of help identifying the code for a particular part. I'm looking to replace the back diffuser of my 2014 F-Type V6 S (the gloss black plastic panel under the license plate panel that surrounds the exhaust pipes) since someone scratched out two chunks of it while I left it unattended, and stumbled upon pictures of the 2014 Design Pack diffuser which has a body coloured panel running along the bottom and around the exhaust pipe. I personally think this one looks much better, and would like to replace the current one on my car with one of these.

Only issue is, I'm having trouble finding the part number to be able to order it! Attached are some images showing the diffuser--any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also, dealer has instructed me that if I can provide the VIN of a car with the design pack, they can also assist with the search, so if your car happens to have it please PM me!
My 2014 v6s convertible has the design pack. Vin#SAJWA6FC1E8K07714

helo008 (01-18-2018)