F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ready to pull the trigger v8s but ??s

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 06:31 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ready to pull the trigger on v8s but ???s

been on the fence for a v8s vert for a few months. stopped by my local dealer again this morning. been holding back due to trunk size, dealer offered me one thats missing a few options i would like for 3k over invoice after my jaguar club discount of $2500. is this a good deal or reasonably should it be less. it was missing the black pack and premium audio and had silver wheels.

i saw a black r coupe and fell in love but already but there isn't any discounting on that

dors anyone know when the 2015 verts come out and if there are going to be any changes from the 2014, I'm also a bit gun shy as i keep hearing about the rs or r model and potential awd coming out. id rather wait if its a few months for an upgraded model

Old 06-29-2014, 10:06 AM
Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

I had the same thoughts as you until I realized that I am not that great a driver. I cannot drive my V8 S without the 'computer' helping me. It already has more then enough power. Jeremy Clarkson thought that the V6 S had more then enough power.

I had the option of picking up a 2014 at the dealership & it would have saved me 4K. I ordered exactly what I wanted and am very happy that I did not compromise. I did not need this car - I wanted it.

Yes - the R and RS badges will be pretty. However, I am not good enough a driver to benefit from them. I have driver Formula 2000 cars by the way. I know how to drive - but I'm not good enough.

Old 06-29-2014, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by enfield
I had the same thoughts as you until I realized that I am not that great a driver. I cannot drive my V8 S without the 'computer' helping me. It already has more then enough power. Jeremy Clarkson thought that the V6 S had more then enough power.

I had the option of picking up a 2014 at the dealership & it would have saved me 4K. I ordered exactly what I wanted and am very happy that I did not compromise. I did not need this car - I wanted it.

Yes - the R and RS badges will be pretty. However, I am not good enough a driver to benefit from them. I have driver Formula 2000 cars by the way. I know how to drive - but I'm not good enough.
thanks for the reply, its funny as my wife told me something similar last night , in that i'm good driver and the older i become{51} the slower i drive. that it would be more than enough power for my weekend back country drives.

i think you are both right. i just want a vert to have the open air experience of spirited driving that i haven't had in a few years.

Old 06-29-2014, 06:56 PM

when i took my first test drive a couple months ago i didnt put in sport and or dynamic mode . also had the top up for most of the drive . Today i experimented with a bunch of options, had the top down, in sport and dynamic with the exhaust open, it was a hell of lot more fun . i was sold, will finalize my paperwork in the morning. awaiting dealer transfer and hope to have it for the upcoming holiday weekend .. I'm super stoked.

Old 06-29-2014, 08:01 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 928 Likes on 607 Posts

Originally Posted by neveo
when i took my first test drive a couple months ago i didnt put in sport and or dynamic mode . also had the top up for most of the drive . Today i experimented with a bunch of options, had the top down, in sport and dynamic with the exhaust open, it was a hell of lot more fun . i was sold, will finalize my paperwork in the morning. awaiting dealer transfer and hope to have it for the upcoming holiday weekend .. I'm super stoked.

Congratulations! It's a good feeling or should I dare say a "bad" feeling. Let her roar...

Last edited by DGL; 06-29-2014 at 11:24 PM.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:14 PM
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

#itsgoodtobebad
Congrats on your choice!

Old 06-30-2014, 03:49 PM

Fantastic! Congratulations.

Old 06-30-2014, 05:01 PM
Received 227 Likes on 172 Posts

Congrats! It's a different car with the top down and the noise turned up to 11, isn't it!

Old 06-30-2014, 08:04 PM
Received 134 Likes on 102 Posts

thanks for the reply, its funny as my wife told me something similar last night , in that i'm good driver and the older i become{51} the slower i drive. that it would be more than enough power for my weekend back country drives.

i think you are both right. i just want a vert to have the open air experience of spirited driving that i haven't had in a few years.
Have you looked at the xk (r) if that's all you want? It's a GT and less toy but a lot more car.

Old 07-01-2014, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by R_Rated
Have you looked at the xk (r) if that's all you want? It's a GT and less toy but a lot more car.
An XK R is a different car. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's engine is tuned like my Range Rover Sport Supercharged at 510 hp and 461 torques mated with a 6-speed auto box.

Old 07-01-2014, 03:58 PM
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

7 speed!

I wanted to buy the F type untill I found out that I really don't like that E diff so I stick to my Ferrari with nice mechanical limited slip diff. Predictable any time!

Old 07-01-2014, 06:11 PM
Received 98 Likes on 56 Posts

Nice information to know next time I plan to do doughnuts in my Jag.

Old 07-01-2014, 07:31 PM
Received 227 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Jochem00
7 speed!

I wanted to buy the F type untill I found out that I really don't like that E diff so I stick to my Ferrari with nice mechanical limited slip diff. Predictable any time!
Ah yes. The "donuts" guy... So the F Type you abused wasn't even yours?

Old 07-01-2014, 08:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 333 Likes on 231 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by waltburkett
nice information to know next time i plan to do doughnuts in my jag...
lol...

Old 07-02-2014, 04:03 AM
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Donuts, well isn't that a bit the new image Jaguar want to send to the customers! It is not the elegant car anymore it was used to be, now it is all about noise and speed, so why not doing donuts!

So I got an invite from Jaguar to do a test drive in the F-type and honestly I was in for buying it. Then that E-diff stopped locking the differential and created a dangerous situation.
As long as you are sliding, you've got the car under control, but once that outer wheel stops spinning, it grips again and then all of a sudden the car goes forward.

Old 07-02-2014, 12:12 PM
Received 270 Likes on 148 Posts

In all of the reviews filled with hot laps, power slides and drifting around corners I don't think I ever read any of them complain about the e-diff. They all say the same thing, it is a very predictable car that is easy to control.

Old 07-02-2014, 02:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 177 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Jochem00
Donuts, well isn't that a bit the new image Jaguar want to send to the customers! It is not the elegant car anymore it was used to be, now it is all about noise and speed, so why not doing donuts!

So I got an invite from Jaguar to do a test drive in the F-type and honestly I was in for buying it. Then that E-diff stopped locking the differential and created a dangerous situation.
As long as you are sliding, you've got the car under control, but once that outer wheel stops spinning, it grips again and then all of a sudden the car goes forward.
Interesting. Not how LSDs work (electronically controlled or otherwise).
Would a car other than a Jaguar be easier to park under your bridge???

Old 07-05-2014, 12:46 AM

have to say while its not the fastest car i have and or have had it puts the quickest big smile on my face when the top is down .it was delivered late Thursday evening and dealer couldn't get detailed before the holiday weekend. dealer was great and the 2nd car this year from him,
i screwed up and overlooked that it didn't have xm/sirrus { but it did have the premium meridian }hopefully can be added next week. car goes back on Monday to have the silver cyclones powder coated gloss black .... will post pic when i get it back later in the week...