F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service bulletins

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 07:40 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Service bulletins

Got my car back after it's yearly check-up. While it was in, I had the dealership address the service bulletins for the fuel filler neck and the stereo rattling. Took longer than I would have liked, but the results were worth the time spent driving the loaner. Gassed up the car this morning with nary a shut off (never had that happen before) and for once the body panels remained quiet while I listened to music on my drive to work. It didn't solve the quality of the sound, but no more buzzing.

Old 03-28-2016, 08:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by dwoodard
Got my car back after it's yearly check-up. While it was in, I had the dealership address the service bulletins for the fuel filler neck and the stereo rattling. Took longer than I would have liked, but the results were worth the time spent driving the loaner. Gassed up the car this morning with nary a shut off (never had that happen before) and for once the body panels remained quiet while I listened to music on my drive to work. It didn't solve the quality of the sound, but no more buzzing.
I hope the sound has improved! My R has the speaker rattle. I may be missing the Bowers and Wilkins system in my XF SC, but that will hopefully be all.

Old 03-28-2016, 08:13 PM

The sound quality is the same, albeit with no buzzing mixed in with the music. I just keep reminding myself if I want the audiophile experience, enjoy what I have at home or even the office.

Old 03-29-2016, 12:16 AM
Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

The sound quality is the same, albeit with no buzzing mixed in with the music. I just keep reminding myself if I want the audiophile experience, enjoy what I have at home or even the office.
Can you please list the exact service bulletin they used for the audio rattle issue? I would love to fix mine, and a couple months ago when I took my 16" R in, they said they didn't have any bulletin for it and couldn't fix it...

Old 03-29-2016, 06:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by pistol
Can you please list the exact service bulletin they used for the audio rattle issue? I would love to fix mine, and a couple months ago when I took my 16" R in, they said they didn't have any bulletin for it and couldn't fix it...
The link below will take you to the thread announcing the service bulletin for fixing Meridian rattles and vibration. They probably couldn't find it because it was only issued for 14-15 cars, but you should print it and give it to them anyway.

See post #14.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...ut-now-151130/

Last edited by Foosh; 03-29-2016 at 07:02 AM.
Old 03-30-2016, 09:27 AM
Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts

I am still trying to get my dealer to fix the stereo rattles and vibration. Currently going through Jaguar NA Customer Care regional affiliate. It is taking a bit longer than anticipated. The rep is has been trying since last Thursday to reach the Service manager.

The following users liked this post:
pistol (05-02-2016)
Old 03-30-2016, 09:44 AM
Sponsor
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Always great to hear good news!

Old 03-30-2016, 10:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there an online way to check if your vin has had the service bulletins done? It's not recall, so it's not on the Jag website. Or should I just call Service department and have them run the Vin?

Old 03-30-2016, 10:27 AM
Received 175 Likes on 131 Posts

I'd like to see a sticky with a list of service bulletins.

Old 03-31-2016, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by Dogbreath!
I'd like to see a sticky with a list of service bulletins.
I like that idea as well. I'd been keeping track of what I saw pop up here so that when I went in,I wouldn't forget anything.

Old 03-31-2016, 04:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 210 Likes on 187 Posts

We have this on the Maser Ghibli forum. I assume it is quite a bit longer than anything that will be here!

Old 04-02-2016, 05:46 AM
Veteran Member

Mine is going in this Tuesday for speaker fix. I'll post bulletin number once I get the service sheet back.

The following users liked this post:
MeanKity (04-02-2016)
Old 04-12-2016, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by jaguny
Mine is going in this Tuesday for speaker fix. I'll post bulletin number once I get the service sheet back.
How'd it go?

Old 04-12-2016, 07:13 PM
Veteran Member

How'd it go?
They still have it since last Wednesday when the battery died. Am being told I'll have it back tomorrow hopefully. Service rep said battery was holding a charge and did not need replacement. As I mentioned, they said my car had the TSB fix at the factory. The problem has been identified as a bad amp. We'll,see as the new amp had just arrived when I was called with the update.

Last edited by jaguny; 04-12-2016 at 07:30 PM.
Old 04-13-2016, 07:55 PM
Veteran Member

Have my car back. They did not replace the battery as they said it held a charge. They also replaced the amplifier in the stereo. From what I can tell the rattling speakers have subsided but I need more time with it on a wider variety of music. I am thinking the plain stereo setting may end up being best or possibly dts. I will be missing the B&W system in my XF. I missed the R and glad to have it back, no explanation why needed. I'll update when I can spend more time with the stereo.

Old 05-02-2016, 03:01 PM

Do you have a rough price quote? I'm considering doing this on my MY 16 R, as the poor speaker quality and particularly the rattle is starting to really bother me.

Old 05-02-2016, 03:03 PM

Service bulletin, so no cost. I am considering throwing in the towel and just going after market at this point as I am still not happy with the final result.

Old 05-02-2016, 03:06 PM

Service bulletin, so no cost. I am considering throwing in the towel and just going after market at this point as I am still not happy with the final result.
For a moment I thought you went after-market, I had misread your post.
Yep. I'm also looking at going after market after much back and forth with the dealer and a JNA case number (which they closed after a month, as audio working according to spec). Crap spec.

Old 05-02-2016, 03:49 PM
Received 95 Likes on 84 Posts

Agree. If you truly want to be happy then you will have to go aftermarket. Make sure you buy quality equipment or you won't be happy at all. The key item that people overlook is the processor. Make sure you find a good quality processor and match that up with a great set of 3 way component speakers. Also, recommend sound dampening material around speakers to reduce/minimize any rattling.

Old 09-04-2016, 03:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MeanKity
Is there an online way to check if your vin has had the service bulletins done? It's not recall, so it's not on the Jag website. Or should I just call Service department and have them run the Vin?
The dealership will have to run the VIN# through the Jaguar database to determine what recalls and service bulletins have been performed on the vehicle. You should be able to call any service advisor at your dealer and give them your VIN# and they could look up the info and you shouldn't even have to go there physically.

Quick Reply: Service bulletins