F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

She's finally here!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2016, 05:36 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default She's finally here!

Finally the delivery company arrived with my "new to me" 2014 V8S! Woo Hoo! Oh boy, definitely a powerful car! I was driving home and spun the tires after giving her a little too much at a stop sign!
I've got two problems already. One, the TPMS light keeps coming on saying there's a malfunction but the tires are all good. How do I reset the TPMS? Two, the paddles and the starter button are "sticky." I tried some water but it didn't help. Is that some kind of rubber melting off them?

P.S. Car didn't come with manuals or anything. How do I order them? And maybe even a window sticker if it's possible to order?

Old 10-02-2016, 06:34 AM
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by yugwmb
Finally the delivery company arrived with my "new to me" 2014 V8S! Woo Hoo! Oh boy, definitely a powerful car! I was driving home and spun the tires after giving her a little too much at a stop sign!
I've got two problems already. One, the TPMS light keeps coming on saying there's a malfunction but the tires are all good. How do I reset the TPMS? Two, the paddles and the starter button are "sticky." I tried some water but it didn't help. Is that some kind of rubber melting off them?

P.S. Car didn't come with manuals or anything. How do I order them? And maybe even a window sticker if it's possible to order?

Congrats got Mine yesterday too v8s 15 but grey and white. I have the same issue driving home my Tpms malfunctioned and idk why lol.

Old 10-02-2016, 06:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

Congratulations. I'm still liking the Carbon fiber wheels. Not sure how to help with the other items. Who did you buy the car from? I've kept my window sticker for all my new car purchases. Maybe previous owner has it.

Old 10-02-2016, 07:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,637 Likes on 3,359 Posts

1. You can order an owner's manual from a dealer, but to get you started, here is a complete set of owners literature for your car:https://topix.jaguar.jlrext.com/topi...x?groupId=1655
2. If you are looking for a copy of the original window sticker, I don't think it is possible to get a duplicate after the car has left the dealer network. However, if you can determine who the original dealer was for the car, you might try contacting them.
3. The TPMS malfunction could be a bad TPM, a mismatched frequency, or something wrong with the receiver. With the owner's manual above, you can see what the tire information screen has to report. That might narrow down which wheel is problematic.

The following users liked this post:
yugwmb (10-02-2016)
Old 10-02-2016, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by jaguny
Congratulations. I'm still liking the Carbon fiber wheels. Not sure how to help with the other items. Who did you buy the car from? I've kept my window sticker for all my new car purchases. Maybe previous owner has it.
Bought it from Audi Houston. Just had my mobile detailer come out (yea he works Sundays!) and give it a proper clean. It's got some swirls that need some correction but otherwise exterior is clean! Red leather interior really looks great now after a nice deep steam cleaning!! Still have the sticky paddles and start button problem though. He said I should take it to the dealer since it's still under warranty and see what they say....
Ditto for the TPMS. Will have to schedule an appointment with the dealer service dept. Figure might as well have a full service maintenance done on it for my own peace of mind...

Originally Posted by Unhingd
1. You can order an owner's manual from a dealer, but to get you started, here is a complete set of owners literature for your car:https://topix.jaguar.jlrext.com/topi...x?groupId=1655
2. If you are looking for a copy of the original window sticker, I don't think it is possible to get a duplicate after the car has left the dealer network. However, if you can determine who the original dealer was for the car, you might try contacting them.
3. The TPMS malfunction could be a bad TPM, a mismatched frequency, or something wrong with the receiver. With the owner's manual above, you can see what the tire information screen has to report. That might narrow down which wheel is problematic.
Thx for the link!! Downloading everything they have for it so I can go through it while on the can!

EDIT: Nevermind, having problems logging in....Will have to wait till support opens up to contact them...

Last edited by yugwmb; 10-02-2016 at 11:11 AM.
Old 10-02-2016, 12:08 PM
Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

congratulations! She is a beauty, enjoy!
Also, you will find that fuel economy suffers a little (A LOT) when you are "goosing it" in 1st and 2nd gear in Dynamic mode...which you will, ALL THE TIME!

Old 10-02-2016, 06:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

Congrats. Unhinged has you set with the manual stuff. The stickiness on the start button and the paddles is the slight breakdown of the coating. There was a thread on this sometime ago I think. Take it to the dealer but I suspect it's considered wear. I have it a little on my 14V8s but not enough that I worry about it.

It's easy to get the tires chirping and the rear end trying to pass you in the next lane when you first start playing with it. You get used to it quickly but have fun while your learning. Just pick a wide road for a while.

Old 10-02-2016, 07:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,637 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Thx for the link!! Downloading everything they have for it so I can go through it while on the can!

EDIT: Nevermind, having problems logging in....Will have to wait till support opens up to contact them...
You may need to go to the topix home page and register as an owner for free before you can gain access to that link.

Old 10-03-2016, 10:11 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,068 Likes on 1,373 Posts

I threw the 2014 manual PDFs into my Dropbox...
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4bylbhais...6KX8nhKba?dl=0

You can also download them from the sticky at the top of the forum, which may be where I originally got them...
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...mation-101906/

My car came with the first edition of the manual, which was missing some things. The PDF appears to be missing the directions on the Emergency park release. I printed a copy of the directions to add to my manual, though at this point, I'm not sure where I got that. Somewhere on this forum!

The following users liked this post:
yugwmb (10-03-2016)
Old 10-03-2016, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by DJS
I threw the 2014 manual PDFs into my Dropbox...
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4bylbhais...6KX8nhKba?dl=0

You can also download them from the sticky at the top of the forum, which may be where I originally got them...
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...mation-101906/

My car came with the first edition of the manual, which was missing some things. The PDF appears to be missing the directions on the Emergency park release. I printed a copy of the directions to add to my manual, though at this point, I'm not sure where I got that. Somewhere on this forum!
Sweet thanks!

Old 10-03-2016, 01:36 PM
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

My '14 is at the dealer now for a tpm light, they are replacing the fuse box which they said was causing some other issues that I hadn't noticed.

Old 10-03-2016, 06:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

I'm curious why the car wouldn't have the manuals? Would think even if it was a trade in the dealer would have requested them from owner.