F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sprintbooster, Pedal Commander, they are a total waste of money!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 11:27 PM
Received 128 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by V8S
Read the reviews, they say it completely transforms the car from dead in the water to a ferocious rubber shredding beast. That's not minor.

Do you know how many people believe they have an imaginary friend in the sky? Billions.

Last edited by 15FTypeR; 07-27-2018 at 11:33 PM.
Old 07-27-2018, 11:31 PM
Received 128 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by V8S
Q: Then why does a tune do the same thing?
A: Because reducing throttle lag is not a waste of money.

It's obvious from the thousands of Amazon reviews, with an average rating of 5 stars, that the primary difference in feel between any tune and no tune is throttle remapping.

Read the reviews, they say it completely transforms the car from dead in the water to a ferocious rubber shredding beast. That's not minor.

It's clear after actually reading those reviews, rave after rave, that around 90% of the feel of every tune is the throttle opening faster, making the car genuinely faster. A faster launch is, in fact, a faster car. Tunes don't do anything else at 600 RPM.

Do you also think launch control does nothing to make a car faster?

Is AWD an outrageous scam that doesn't make the car any faster to 60?

Are tires a complete waste of money?

Are dual clutch transmissions a mindless dupe on dumb people?

None of these add any engine horsepower or torque, so they have to be 100% valueless scams by your logic. Why do you think people buy these things to make their car faster? Pure stupidity in all cases?
No, none of the comparisons you're making are even remotely similar to your pedal booster!!!

Things are starting to become clearer though. These comparisons show you lack basic cause-and-effect understanding of how things work.

It's also clear you don't know how to make an intelligent argument for something, so you resort to cable-news-style hyperbole.

Old 07-28-2018, 02:28 AM
Received 127 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by V8S
Good deal. Ignore naysayers who've never used what they bash. That's an insecurity complex where they need to tell themselves they got a better deal than any other. One guy here claims his F-Type does 0-60 in 2 seconds. Funny right? Just humor them and enjoy your new performance!
2.9s, learn how to read. A few press reviews also achieved 2.9s with R AWD's.

Anyway I should grab myself a sprintbooster because the amazon reviews say it transforms the car, you say the F-Type is slow and fails to respond yet this magical device will fix that.
So judging by amazon reviews and your feedback of a device I believe you don't even own I should be able to hit 60 in like just over a second if it can truly transform a car, right?

P.S. I owned sprintbooster, it was crap!

Old 07-28-2018, 07:02 AM
Banned
Received 324 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by Gibbo205
Off: No impact:
Sport: Throttle sensitivity improved.
Race: Crazy throttle sensitivity.

Lets make it clear these devices only do:
- Adjust the throttle pedal sensitivity
- They make the car feel faster, as you need less pedal input
- Make your pocket $300 lighter
- That is it!

I agree with your opinion, I think as you state these devices can't do anything that isn't already a feature of our or many similar cars with Rain / snow mode, normal mode and dynamic mode

Old 07-28-2018, 07:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,755 Likes on 1,326 Posts

This product has been discussed in several threads over the years and the consensus is always the same i.e its a sham. Quoting Amazon reviews is hardly scientific LOL. In fact a promoter of the device ended up getting banned a while ago if I remember correctly.

Old 07-28-2018, 08:06 AM
V8S
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jackra_1
This product has been discussed in several threads over the years and the consensus is always the same i.e its a sham. Quoting Amazon reviews is hardly scientific LOL. In fact a promoter of the device ended up getting banned a while ago if I remember correctly.
Its a sham to Neanderthals who don't understand that time is a legitimate mathematical term that affects both speed and power.

These are the same people who will swear to their grave that two identical cars, but one with a red line drawn at 6500 RPM and the other at 7500 RPM have completely different engines. And they will swear that one is radically faster because it has more rated horsepower, even if ringing it out to the higher redline during a race makes it the slower of the two cars.

Last edited by V8S; 07-28-2018 at 08:11 AM.
Old 07-28-2018, 08:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,755 Likes on 1,326 Posts

Originally Posted by V8S
Its a sham to Neanderthals who don't understand that time is legitimate term affecting both speed and power.

These are the same people who will swear to their grave that two identical cars, but one with a red line drawn at 6500 RPM and the other at 7500 RPM have completely different engines. And they will swear that one is radically faster because it has more rated horsepower, even if ringing it out to the higher redline during a race makes it the slower of the two cars.
Why are you resorting to insults? Insulting remarks such as the above have no place on a forum like this.

Old 07-28-2018, 08:13 AM
GGG
Received 16,822 Likes on 12,177 Posts

The thread has been going round in circles for some time and the only advances are the raising of insults. Consequently:

1. disagreements are inevitable BUT KEEP IT CIVILISED
2. THREAD CLOSED

Graham

The following 2 users liked this post by GGG:
15FTypeR (07-28-2018), Greggbhill (07-28-2018)