F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Start/stop switch

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2019, 06:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Start/stop switch

Just picked up a 2014 v8s yesterday and absolutely love it! I ant to try and add some red to the all black interior, starting with the engine start/stop button. Also thought about adding a red trim ring on the steering wheel. Anyone have a good source for these interior parts?

Old 02-09-2019, 06:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,126 Likes on 2,304 Posts

Originally Posted by Martyb
Just picked up a 2014 v8s yesterday and absolutely love it! I ant to try and add some red to the all black interior, starting with the engine start/stop button. Also thought about adding a red trim ring on the steering wheel. Anyone have a good source for these interior parts?

Do you really mean red for the stop/start button, or do you mean the Ignis orange that was standard on some F-Types but optional on others?
Coz the OEM orange button is a fairly cheap part to buy and also fairly easy to fit, there are threads/posts on here about it.
But if you really mean red, then from memory there are red stickers/decals you can buy to put over the OEM button, and there are heaps of red steering wheel rings on Fleabay and AliExpress.

Edit - here's a Fleabay listing for a red steering wheel ring: https://www.ebay.com/itm/ABS-Steerin...frcectupt=true

And here's a red (and lighted!) stop/start button: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Conveni...Z6Af:rk:1:pf:1

Of course there is no guarantee that either or both will be any good!

Last edited by OzXFR; 02-09-2019 at 06:52 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Do you really mean red for the stop/start button, or do you mean the Ignis orange that was standard on some F-Types but optional on others?
Coz the OEM orange button is a fairly cheap part to buy and also fairly easy to fit, there are threads/posts on here about it.
But if you really mean red, then from memory there are red stickers/decals you can buy to put over the OEM button, and there are heaps of red steering wheel rings on Fleabay and AliExpress.

Edit - here's a Fleabay listing for a red steering wheel ring: https://www.ebay.com/itm/ABS-Steerin...frcectupt=true

And here's a red (and lighted!) stop/start button: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Conveni...Z6Af:rk:1:pf:1

Of course there is no guarantee that either or both will be any good!
i think some red highlights will be a nice contrast to the basically all dark interior. Going to give it a try, if I don’t like it I can always go back.

Old 02-10-2019, 07:28 AM
Banned
Received 54 Likes on 45 Posts

I got my start button from amazon, but could only find it on ebay now. The door panel gap trim is on ebay ...

Old 02-10-2019, 07:33 AM
Banned
Received 54 Likes on 45 Posts

I got my start button from amazon, but could only find it on ebay now. The door panel gap trim is on ebay ...

Old 02-10-2019, 12:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,133 Likes on 1,307 Posts

Yes...use the red start/stop button from an XK or other Jaguar product. Easy and in good taste.