Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Terrible customer service at Jaguar dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 05:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Terrible customer service at Jaguar dealerships

My Jaguar dream is over.
After a year in the planning. Jaguar Lancaster Tamworth wont let me collect my F-type as they ordered it in wrong spec and want £2000 for the extras. Appalling customer service.

Have left them an appropriate review on their Facebook page.

Last edited by v8mgbgt; 07-07-2017 at 05:36 PM.
Old 07-07-2017, 05:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 640 Likes on 410 Posts

Luckily you're not in the united states, where Jaguar customer service is more garbage than the dealership is being in this case.

Contact user "CRC@Jaguar" on this forum. He is a customer service rep who really cares about you and will attempt to help.

The following users liked this post:
Dremorg (07-07-2017)
Old 07-07-2017, 07:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 564 Likes on 383 Posts

No doubt, a screwed up order is their problem and the dealer should do something to compensate. However, I can''t say I'd blame them for not giving away $2,600 because of an administrative screw-up. Think of something a bit lower in value they could offer to make it up to you and see if you can get some reasonable concession.

It's a little late for you, but as a word of advice to others - when you place a custom order, get a copy of the factory order (VISTA sheet) and check it to make sure everything is as you expect.

When we ordered our F-Pace, the dealer originally grabbed one of their uncommitted factory orders and modified it for us. Unfortunately, they grabbed the wrong trim line, but we caught the error on the VISTA. Easily fixed.

Best of luck.

Last edited by uncheel; 07-07-2017 at 07:14 PM.
Old 07-07-2017, 08:38 PM
Received 114 Likes on 77 Posts

My car was precisely as ordered, although I did catch an error my dealer made before the order was submitted.

Old 07-07-2017, 08:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,637 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by Stohlen
Luckily you're not in the united states, where Jaguar customer service is more garbage than the dealership is being in this case. .
Perhaps an over-generalization and unfair indictment of all U.S. Jag dealers. Jag of West Columbia (MD) was very flexible in working a deal with me on an ordered car, pulled some strings to ensure I got one of the first MTs, held my hand through the long delivery wait, and has been nothing but responsive in dealing with all the TSB issues that other (crappy) dealers seemed to dismiss. I am certain that others can chime in with similar praise for their dealers. Based on forum anecdotes, I would conclude that, in the U.S., we are generally blessed with dealerships that are more customer service oriented than in the UK.

Last edited by Unhingd; 07-07-2017 at 08:48 PM.
Brutal (07-08-2017)
Old 07-07-2017, 08:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

With mine the car came in with an upgrade (wheels)that I did not order; I liked the look though, but refused to take the car at the new price.

The dealer honoured the commitment and gave the car to me at the original deal price, with the higher price wheels.
Lawrence

Old 07-07-2017, 08:52 PM
Received 2,255 Likes on 1,840 Posts

Originally Posted by v8mgbgt
My Jaguar dream is over.
After a year in the planning. Jaguar Lancaster Tamworth wont let me collect my F-type as they ordered it in wrong spec and want £2000 for the extras. Appalling customer service.

Have left them an appropriate review on their Facebook page.
You met one a-hole at one dealership. That's very different than all employees at all dealerships being a-holes.

Take your issue up with management or the corporate office if need be. I presume you've got paperwork to show that you're in the right.

The following 2 users liked this post by Mikey:
Brutal (07-08-2017), JackMac (07-08-2017)
Old 07-07-2017, 09:56 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Perhaps an over-generalization and unfair indictment of all U.S. Jag dealers. Jag of West Columbia (MD) was very flexible in working a deal with me on an ordered car, pulled some strings to ensure I got one of the first MTs, held my hand through the long delivery wait, and has been nothing but responsive in dealing with all the TSB issues that other (crappy) dealers seemed to dismiss. I am certain that others can chime in with similar praise for their dealers. Based on forum anecdotes, I would conclude that, in the U.S., we are generally blessed with dealerships that are more customer service oriented than in the UK.
I think you misunderstood. I am talking about Jaguar N.A. customer service, not Jaguar dealership service. I've always had a pleasant experience with my local dealer - Jaguar of Troy.

If this had happened in the states, I have little faith Jaguar N.A. would do anything at all to help you out. My experience has been that they do not care about you at all. They will not get my money again.

Old 07-07-2017, 10:46 PM
Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts

I think you misunderstood. I am talking about Jaguar N.A. customer service, not Jaguar dealership service. I've always had a pleasant experience with my local dealer - Jaguar of Troy.

If this had happened in the states, I have little faith Jaguar N.A. would do anything at all to help you out. My experience has been that they do not care about you at all. They will not get my money again.
I agree 100%. I feel Jaguar's customer service is garbage. This will be the last Jag I'll ever buy. I'm going back to AMG. Mercedes customer service in my opinion is top notch. I heard noise coming from under the hood. Jag had my car for two days and said they couldn't find a problem. They "couldn't duplicate the noise" they said. I then took my car to a high end shop that deals with many exotics. They found the problem. It was a worn pulley. I had them fix it. I then took the worn part back to the dealer hoping to get reimbursed but they said I'd have to go through JLR who in turn pointed me right back to the dealer. Bottom line is that no one wanted to take the blame and reimburse me. I feel that Mercedes would've helped me. NEVER another Jag for me.

Old 07-07-2017, 10:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10,757 Likes on 7,101 Posts

Originally Posted by v8mgbgt
My Jaguar dream is over.

Oh, the drama!

I'd like to be sympathetic but, sorry to say, your posting comes off as someone having a little hissy fit and wants to broadcast it to the world.

Have a good night's sleep and get a grip on yourself. Things will look better in the morning.

Cheers
DD

Brutal (07-08-2017)
Old 07-08-2017, 06:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,637 Likes on 3,359 Posts

I did misunderstand, and FULLY agree with you regarding Jag NA customer service. They were next to useless the couple times I tried to get some action through them. They would politely take the info, and no one with any deep knowledge or any authority to do anything would ever get back to me.

Old 07-08-2017, 09:05 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,584 Likes on 856 Posts

In my experience:

My dealer - Scarborough Land Rover/Jaguar - both from a sales experience and follow-up service has been fantastic. As many other Forum members here will attest, their hospitality and generosity have been outstanding!

My experience, the one time I called Jaguar's Emergency Roadside Assistance - for a vandalized slashed tire - was outstanding in that they followed up my experience with a phone call several times. Maybe outstanding is over stating it but I was certainly left with a favorable impression.

My experience with Jaguar N.A., including their Marketing Department - for some "love" with the previously held 2016 Jaguar Lobster Run - non-existent. That certainly left me with a vastly unfavorable impression and did nothing to endear themselves with me (for product/brand loyalty; even though I LOVE my car which, taken in total, is the bottom line).

Cars companies and dealers...it takes all kinds; some lots better or worse than others.

(P.S. When I owned an Acura NSX - and I owned two - Acura couldn't have taken better care of me and throw lots of dollars [not for me but the events; both which drew large numbers of cars, drivers, and passengers] for two major events I planned and hosted in the late 90's).

Last edited by RickyJay52; 07-08-2017 at 09:08 AM.
Old 07-08-2017, 09:09 AM
Banned
Received 130 Likes on 98 Posts
Default I believe the negative posts/comments about Jag NA

But here's what i do not understand, your in business to make money, hopefully because of a good reputation and repeat loyal customer coming back to get another vehicle from Jaguar. So my simple question is, WHY BE A DICK TO YOUR CUSTOMER ?!?!?!?!?
its almost like pissing in the customers face and telling g him/her it's raining. Why ....

Old 07-08-2017, 09:30 AM
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

I think you did the right thing - you are not buying a small appliance - if they got the order wrong - they failed to meet their end of the contract - their problem, not yours, why should you be expected to take the penalty. I don't know about England but here in the states - I agree that jaguar of North America is a waste of time so there isn't even any point in trying to get oversight. In fairness to Jaguar though, Audi of America is worse.

Old 07-08-2017, 10:20 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Unhingd
I did misunderstand, and FULLY agree with you regarding Jag NA customer service. They were next to useless the couple times I tried to get some action through them. They would politely take the info, and no one with any deep knowledge or any authority to do anything would ever get back to me.

There's certainly no excuse whatsoever for not getting back to you. That's just lousy service.

So much depends on who you speak to...which is luck of the draw.... and what kind of help or information you are speaking. I can't speak for Jaguar specifically but manufacturers often sub-contract "Customer Assistance" to other companies....so you're probably not even speaking with an employee of the manufacturer. This type of work is plagued with burn-out and high turnover.....and customer satisfaction suffers as a result.

In some cases, though, there isn't much the manufacturer can do.

Typically, in the USA at least, dealerships are privately owned companies. They must adhere to all that's put down in the franchise agreement but, to a large extent, are free to conduct business however they see fit. If a dealer develops a long history of poor service and consumer complaints...or is conducting fraudulent business....the factory will take action against the dealer. But more or less ordinary disputes are generally left between the dealer and the customer.

In this case a car was ordered but a mistake was made and it came through with incorrect equipment....and thus a price difference. Not sure about the UK but here in the 'States Jaguar NA would probably take the position that it's a matter to be solved between the dealer and the customer. If the heat gets high enough they can urge (but not dictate) that the dealer to eat the price difference, and they can certainly offer to expedite/assist in finding or re-ordering a properly equipped car...but that's probably about as far as they can or will go.

If the mistake in building the car was at the factory end....rather than the dealer end....Jaguar NA might offer to throw a bit of goodwill money or some other concessions at the customer. A free service contract or some such. Of course the dealer can do the same, and probably should, if the mistake was at their end.

I spent 30 years in the business and have seen some very poor service from dealers and manufacturers. I have also seen some customers with unreasonable expectations who remain unhappy even when the dealer or the factory has genuinely tried to make good on a mistake.

At first blush, judging only from the OP's little rant, it would appear that the dealer is really bad....and maybe it truly is. But, there are always two sides to a story. We've heard only one.

Cheers
DD

Old 07-08-2017, 10:29 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Ubad2
But here's what i do not understand, your in business to make money, hopefully because of a good reputation and repeat loyal customer coming back to get another vehicle from Jaguar. So my simple question is, WHY BE A DICK TO YOUR CUSTOMER ?!?!?!?!?
its almost like pissing in the customers face and telling g him/her it's raining. Why ....
I fully agree.

From time-to-time, though, 'tis the customer being the dick.

Cheers
DD

Old 07-08-2017, 10:35 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Doug
I can't speak for Jaguar specifically but manufacturers often sub-contract "Customer Assistance" to other companies....so you're probably not even speaking with an employee of the manufacturer. This type of work is plagued with burn-out and high turnover.....and customer satisfaction suffers as a result.
This is not the case with Jaguar N.A. They only have one option for whom to speak with and generally just tell you they can't do what you're asking. I called them every day for a month trying to figure out where my vehicle was after the 16MY fleet was released from port; no one would tell me any of that information. Two weeks later my dealer found out through their sources that it was just sitting in the port with a bricked transmission controller module. Then for the next month I called every day asking when the vehicle would be fixed; they told me they don't have any port contacts and can't tell me when it will ship until the port marks it shipped in their system.

Keep in mind this was at a time when I had zero vehicles and was getting rides to work each day. Thank god after a few weeks of this my Jag dealer gave me a loaner on their own dime, or else I would have been without a car for two months. Eventually I gave up and my dealer traded for a similar car from Florida. The car I originally ordered took over 6 months to show up at a dealer after landing in port. I have little doubt Jaguar N.A. would have let me wait the 6 months to get my car.

Doug (07-08-2017)
Old 07-08-2017, 10:44 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by AbyJag
I think you did the right thing -

Maybe. Maybe not.

Of course we're all entitled to our own opinions but, personally, I'm not the least bit convinced that he did the right thing. I'm not willing to make that judgement without more details or, better yet, hearing the other side of the story. And, if there's one thing I've learned in life, it's that there are always two sides to a story.

In my experience in dealing with such disputes I've learned that, often as not, angry consumers exclude mitigating details.

Cheers
DD

Old 07-08-2017, 10:50 AM
Veteran Member

This is not the case with Jaguar N.A.

Thank you for backing up your position with a calm, rational, intelligent explanation of what occurred. Your opinion thus carries a lot more weight.

Cheers
DD

Old 07-08-2017, 03:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 333 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by AbyJag
In fairness to Jaguar though, Audi of America is worse...
Oh don't say that...I'm about to experience that first hand myself, have an '18 S5 Coupe on order.