F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trying to Buy a Used 2016 Base F-Type

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 02:47 PM
Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

Not at all worried about re-sale, when I have all the historical records -- which history helps define value. Along the way, confidence in my Jaguar thorough service -- free to me, along with loaners if needed. Servicing Jaguar dealer is paid to do the quality work, and they have all records, not just mine, but TSB's, any recalls etc.

Old 07-19-2019, 02:06 AM
Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

No service hx is odd. Esp since as pointed out above, it’s included. People are weird.

Assuming you are in the US as far as service hx, the sales team can request this for you very easily. It doesn’t print well, so it might take a bit for the service team to pull together but I find they are happy enough to do it when asked.

CPO has a cost to the dealer. They can choose to pay for either 1 or 2 years. Most cars will sell well enough just with the CPO designation so, they will go the cheap route. Buyer can negotiate the second year in the deal but there will most likely be additional cost to do so. And most buyers don’t even notice - they see CPO and that’s enough. The good dealers make it clear to buyers what they are getting. And then there are others.

I bought my F Type from Ft Lauderdale under the AutoNation employee program. My experience was terrible both during and after. Can’t imagine how badly they treat real customers. I’ve bought 4 other cars at AutoNation (because, discount!) and have never been treated poorly, let alone as bad as I was by the team in Ft Lauderdale. Usually it’s a fun experience - not there!

I don’t know where you are located but it sounds like just a bad run of not the right car and salesperson. There are plenty of good used F Types out there. And plenty of good dealers. If something seems odd before you buy - don’t. There is always another car and another dealer. Good luck!

Last edited by MellieR; 07-19-2019 at 02:11 AM.
Old 07-20-2019, 04:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

Brian,

Not sure where you are located, but if you are buying out of your area in the USA, consider contacting MaineJagMike (forum member and GM of Scarborough Jaguar in Maine). He may be able to get you into a car. Shipping isn't that expensive considering other factors you are experiencing. My dealer in Rochester, NY has also provided me with good service. The sales person is John Morris. Shouldn't be this difficult. Good luck.