F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tunes for 5.0 N/A???

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2021, 11:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tunes for 5.0 N/A???

Anyone know of the best performance tunes you can get for the 5.0 N/A V8?

I recently upgrade my exhaust system removed the front muffler replaced with an X pipe and fitted the rear with 2 Borla XR1 mufflers..Car sounds damn good but I’m looking to do more engine mods.

Doesn’t appear to be many options for the Jag 5.0 so I’m thinking it’s all electronic at this point. Also is there away to keep the car from reducing power when breaking traction?

I tried turning off Traction control but it still won’t allow me to get sideways😩Car seems to restrict the power if you attempt to fish tail or anything.

Also does anyone know if the rear differential is different on an XF compared to the XFR? I have some friends who were talking about this being the case on Dodge Chargers- HellCat/Standard RT models have different rear ends and that may make a huge difference also.

Please help. I’m trying to free this cat from the cage a bit🙏

Old 02-01-2021, 03:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,640 Likes on 3,362 Posts

Originally Posted by Tyler2488
Anyone know of the best performance tunes you can get for the 5.0 N/A V8?

I recently upgrade my exhaust system removed the front muffler replaced with an X pipe and fitted the rear with 2 Borla XR1 mufflers..Car sounds damn good but I’m looking to do more engine mods.

Doesn’t appear to be many options for the Jag 5.0 so I’m thinking it’s all electronic at this point. Also is there away to keep the car from reducing power when breaking traction?

I tried turning off Traction control but it still won’t allow me to get sideways😩Car seems to restrict the power if you attempt to fish tail or anything.

Also does anyone know if the rear differential is different on an XF compared to the XFR? I have some friends who were talking about this being the case on Dodge Chargers- HellCat/Standard RT models have different rear ends and that may make a huge difference also.

Please help. I’m trying to free this cat from the cage a bit🙏
You might try the XF subforum for that question. Nothing but forced induction on this one. You might also try contacting Velocity AP directly. If anyone can help you they can.