Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VelocityAP Exhaust Development Jaguar F-Type V8S, V8R, V6 & V6S

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 02:35 PM
Sponsor
Received 822 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by zmoothg
It would be cool if VAP can come up with a software solution. In order to solve the problem you mentioned. I installed a separate vacuum system for the exhaust, but connected the power on and off to the interior active exhaust button. I basically followed this guys implementation: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ne-intake.html

Now closed means close all the time and open means open all the time.
On the Astons we have been able to change the valve mapping in terms of the RPM/Load that they open and close at. We can probably do the same with these with some research.

We also sell a remote control kit for $250 that comes with a key fob so you can install it in place of the factory flow control and have on/off operation.

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 08-14-2017, 03:24 PM
Received 150 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
On the Astons we have been able to change the valve mapping in terms of the RPM/Load that they open and close at. We can probably do the same with these with some research.
This would be awesome! This would not solve the valve always being open at startup since you need the engine running to create vacuum, but this would be a welcomed solution.

Old 08-14-2017, 07:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,637 Likes on 3,359 Posts

It would be cool if VAP can come up with a software solution. In order to solve the problem you mentioned. I installed a separate vacuum system for the exhaust, but connected the power on and off to the interior active exhaust button. I basically followed this guys implementation: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ne-intake.html

Now closed means close all the time and open means open all the time.
This is essentially the solution Stuart was playing with when we came up against the hammers of hell sound with the exhaust headers (fainting women and children, bleeding eardrums, etc.). Eliminating the automatic valve opening at 4000 rpm would require massive reverse engineering on the ECU. Stuart instead proposed a vacuum valve triggered by a remote control that would keep the valves shut at all times.

The following users liked this post:
zmoothg (09-25-2017)
Old 08-14-2017, 11:32 PM
SVR
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts

I would love to go to car meets more often, but I don't know where to get info on meetups that are occurring in the area.
I'm on the Peninsula. Wouldn't mind meeting up.

The following 2 users liked this post by SVR:
Johncy2000 (08-16-2017), zmoothg (09-23-2017)
Old 08-16-2017, 09:33 PM
Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Same here. Bay Arrea!

Old 08-16-2017, 09:34 PM
Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

There's a Jaguar club called J.A.G and I just joined on the app Meetup. There you can find all the meets that Jaguar owners have in the SF Bay Area.

zmoothg (09-23-2017)
Old 09-16-2017, 01:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

So I'm absolutely loving my new Velocity valved exhaust on my V6S. Both Stuart and James (at David Appleby Engineering have been great.

I thought I would try and make a short video of it today but a) the mic is clearly in the wrong place (too much distortion) and b) it started raining. Heavily.

But, here's a quick video anyway. Will try and get a better one at some point soon.
Video is of a cold start and then just some basic driving. Unfortunately, due to the weather, I couldn't really put the hammer down.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6b...ew?usp=sharing

I dont post too much here, mostly active on the other forum ftypeforums.co.uk, but I wanted to share and express how satisfied I am for anyone else thinking of getting one

The following 2 users liked this post by Sammy Walton:
DJS (09-16-2017), zmoothg (09-25-2017)
Old 09-17-2017, 02:02 PM
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP

We also sell a remote control kit for $250 that comes with a key fob so you can install it in place of the factory flow control and have on/off operation.
Hi Stuart, I looked everywhere on your site for the remote valve control kit, but couldn't find it. Any specific key words I should be searching for?

Thanks

Old 09-17-2017, 03:15 PM
Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi, been a member for a while now , I have a v6S with the vap 200 cell cats I did have a valved Remus sport exhaust which I have removed and gone back to stock simply because it was just to loud on start up and also when you hit the 4K rev range. Apparently the exhaust was designed for standard cats. Stuart advised me to go with there none valved touring muffler.

zmoothg (09-23-2017)
Old 09-21-2017, 02:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 95 Likes on 86 Posts

love the way you sped up into that overpass....lol...the reverb is sooooo nice in there!!!!

Old 06-19-2019, 02:35 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Quick night recording with better audio. Could be better, still working on getting the right audio setup, but this is a big improvement over using the GoPro. Valves closed at 9:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pefuij0qKbU
Is this clip of the vap center exhaust on a v6 with the stock cats/downpipe in place?

Can’t seem to find any clips of the v6 vap exhaust options with center exit pipes on the stock cats/downpipe. My car is a v6 base without active exhaust (no valves or vacuum lines), so looking for some options. Apologies in advance for the thread resurrection!

Old 06-19-2019, 03:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Jklad
Is this clip of the vap center exhaust on a v6 with the stock cats/downpipe in place?

Can’t seem to find any clips of the v6 vap exhaust options with center exit pipes on the stock cats/downpipe. My car is a v6 base without active exhaust (no valves or vacuum lines), so looking for some options. Apologies in advance for the thread resurrection!
The description says it's a V8 and the title states it's an F-Type R.

Jklad (06-19-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 05:59 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Jaggyx
The description says it's a V8 and the title states it's an F-Type R.
+1. Definitely a slightly lower growl than the same exhaust on my V6, but also definitely the OEM downpipe (no raspiness). Jklad, even though you don't have the active exhaust on your base, VAP can sell you a Valvetronic that can be activated with a remote (the size of a key fob).

Jklad (06-19-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 09:20 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
+1. Definitely a slightly lower growl than the same exhaust on my V6, but also definitely the OEM downpipe (no raspiness). Jklad, even though you don't have the active exhaust on your base, VAP can sell you a Valvetronic that can be activated with a remote (the size of a key fob).
The valvetronic would be a great feature, withboast exhausts there were times I wished I could quiet them down for a late drive home.

Im really picky about the sound, don’t want loud for loud’s sake, no raspiness or drone. The exhaust sounded great on the v8 with cats, maybe a video clip will pop up somewhere for the v6 with cats - I’m surprised vap doesn’t already have something up. Also, their website is unclear about which exhaust is louder - touring or sport? And how much “louder” is the quieter exhaust when fully opened vs. base active valve open?

Old 06-19-2019, 09:34 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Jklad
The valvetronic would be a great feature, withboast exhausts there were times I wished I could quiet them down for a late drive home.

Im really picky about the sound, don’t want loud for loud’s sake, no raspiness or drone. The exhaust sounded great on the v8 with cats, maybe a video clip will pop up somewhere for the v6 with cats - I’m surprised vap doesn’t already have something up. Also, their website is unclear about which exhaust is louder - touring or sport? And how much “louder” is the quieter exhaust when fully opened vs. base active valve open?
Touring, sport & race in that order of loudness. I’d offer up a clip of my exhaust, but I installed a V8 quad exhaust Valvetronic on my V6, so it would not be a good example of the V6 dual exhaust Valvetronic.

Jklad (06-19-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 10:53 PM
Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

When I traded in my V6, I had the Sports exhaust with the stock cats for a couple of drives and there was definitely a bit of drone. I would go for the Touring exhaust if I were you

Jklad (06-20-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 11:22 PM
Received 139 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
I’d offer up a clip of my exhaust, but I installed a V8 quad exhaust Valvetronic on my V6, so it would not be a good example of the V6 dual exhaust Valvetronic.
Let's hear it anyway!

Old 06-20-2019, 01:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 173 Posts

I'd like to hear what a V6 sounds like with a stock muffler and sport cats. I can't find an example of that anywhere. I've got the factory V8 muffler in place, and can't stand the rasp.

Old 06-20-2019, 08:05 AM
Received 146 Likes on 75 Posts

i have the Velocity Valvetronic and catless down pipes, the start up is brutal, but i have a small vacuum pump in the trunk with a remote so i can close the valve before starting. Its the best solution i could find, but i would like to ditch the remote and have it auto come on with factory key fob detection or something more seamless than the remote in the console.

Old 06-20-2019, 11:54 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Jaggyx
I'd like to hear what a V6 sounds like with a stock muffler and sport cats. I can't find an example of that anywhere. I've got the factory V8 muffler in place, and can't stand the rasp.
That’ll just get worse with the sport cats.

Quick Reply: VelocityAP Exhaust Development Jaguar F-Type V8S, V8R, V6 & V6S