F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wish Me Luck

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2020, 02:38 PM
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by FeralSVR
When do you pick it up? Mine goes under the knife Monday.

"According to the service advisor the software update will cure every problem I presented them with except the virus."

Now I'm REALLY interested to see what happens when you get it back. What MY? Mine is the 2018...

Thanks!
Are you having the navigation issue, too? I also have a 2018 SVR.

Old 04-24-2020, 02:43 PM
Received 77 Likes on 49 Posts

BTW, my car has not given me any notification (yet) of service being due in the year I've owned it, but apparently my annual included maintenance was due this last Nov, as that follows the original in-service date and not mileage / in-car notifications. They won't do it out of a ±30 day window from your in-service date. They will do the next included service early for me, or I can pay out of pocket for the missed service. There doesn't seem to be any recourse beyond that; I've talked with both the dealership and corporate.

So there are two conflated issues: the ±30 day window to do your maintenance if you want it covered by Jaguar, and an unrelated in-car reminder that some models have but others don't?

Old 04-24-2020, 03:34 PM
Banned
Received 424 Likes on 291 Posts

When do you pick it up? Mine goes under the knife Monday.

"According to the service advisor the software update will cure every problem I presented them with except the virus."

Now I'm REALLY interested to see what happens when you get it back. What MY? Mine is the 2018...

Thanks!
I just received an update from the service advisor. He reports that all is going well with the items I asked be addressed, but they can't get the software update to "go through" even after multiple attempts. They have reached out to Jaguar for assistance and I'm forewarned that the head unit may need to be replaced. Once again I am assured that the software update cures all manner of ills.
No estimate as to when I'll get the car back as it must go to the body shop for panel adjustments after the service department has completed all of their work.
I'll keep this thread updated.
It's a 2018 base model coupe.

Old 04-24-2020, 06:44 PM
Received 165 Likes on 77 Posts
Default Here We Go...

"...but they can't get the software update to "go through" even after multiple attempts. They have reached out to Jaguar for assistance and I'm forewarned that the head unit may need to be replaced. Once again I am assured that the software update cures all manner of ills...

Old 04-24-2020, 07:45 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Reading back on the thread about when the car will tell you it’s time for service. I was looking for that today to see miles before next service, or days, or anything. And how do you reset the mileage when you change oil? I like to change mine more frequently and want to do it myself, but also want to reset the “clock”

i just got my 17 S-AWD as a CPO so I don’t have any history. The dealer says they changed the oil, how do I look as see?

thanks!

Old 04-24-2020, 08:14 PM
Banned
Received 226 Likes on 165 Posts

"...but they can't get the software update to "go through" even after multiple attempts. They have reached out to Jaguar for assistance and I'm forewarned that the head unit may need to be replaced. Once again I am assured that the software update cures all manner of ills...

https://youtu.be/dvy_ts4-TA8
Make sure it won't reduce engine noise before they touch your car.

Old 04-25-2020, 05:44 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,087 Likes on 1,389 Posts
The following 2 users liked this post by DJS:
3 Speeds (04-25-2020), Carbuff2 (04-25-2020)
Old 04-25-2020, 08:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 516 Likes on 380 Posts

I think the question was "How do I find out the time/miles until the next service" if it doesn't display the warning.

I can do that on our Hondas but I haven't figured out the method on the Jaguar yet.

Our F has displayed the approaching service faithfully every year, however. It starts by saying "Service Due in 1000 miles", about a month beforehand.

Last edited by Carbuff2; 04-25-2020 at 08:57 AM.
The following users liked this post:
3 Speeds (04-25-2020)
Old 04-25-2020, 10:02 AM
Banned
Received 226 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by fuzzysquid
BTW, my car has not given me any notification (yet) of service being due in the year I've owned it, but apparently my annual included maintenance was due this last Nov, as that follows the original in-service date and not mileage / in-car notifications. They won't do it out of a ±30 day window from your in-service date. They will do the next included service early for me, or I can pay out of pocket for the missed service. There doesn't seem to be any recourse beyond that; I've talked with both the dealership and corporate.

So there are two conflated issues: the ±30 day window to do your maintenance if you want it covered by Jaguar, and an unrelated in-car reminder that some models have but others don't?
I wish car makers wouldn't create a burden on customers by forcing documentation of only 1/4th the common requirement but only if you hit a 60 day window three years in a row. All it does is reduce their car values for no reason.

With more than ~15K miles, I would pay a huge premium for an owner-maintained car with 3K oil changes + receipts without the three included Jag maintenance records, over a car with the three included Jag maintenance records and no other documented oil changes.

Old 04-26-2020, 05:18 AM
Banned
Received 325 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by SS4PK
Good luck. The service guys don't stand a chance. It sounds like you are unhappy with the service before they even provide it.
I can understand your anxiety if you have had several service experiences you have found unsatisfactory.

If you don't trust them I would have advised to go to a different franchised Jaguar dealer or even an independent service place with Jaguar experience.

Only warranty work has to be carried out at a franchised JLR dealer and it doesn't have to be the dealer you bought it from

Last edited by Paul_59; 04-26-2020 at 05:38 AM.
Old 04-26-2020, 05:26 AM
Banned
Received 325 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by RacerX
On the older cars, there is no message. You can get your 3 included annual oil changes ±30 days of your car's in-service date. If you miss the window Jag won't do it and it cannot be entered in the computer even if you pay for it.
On UK models I believe service due message will be seen on car info panel and on the Jaguar remote app.

It certainly does on my 2016 model (manufactured Mar 2015) and definitely shows a count down of how many miles the service is due in.

The service reminder message is independent of whether you're on a free service plan package, or are in or out of the warranty period.

I find your claim that any dealer will refuse to service a car if your paying for the work incredible, turning away paid work isn't generally part of an optimal business model !

Also when you have your Jaguar serviced in UK it's recorded both date and mileage whether done at Jaguar franchise or an independent, although YK does have OSH (online service history) and I am not sure if this has been rolled out to US and other markets.

Last edited by Paul_59; 04-26-2020 at 05:39 AM.
Old 05-04-2020, 10:43 AM
Banned
Received 424 Likes on 291 Posts

Closing out this threat on my second annual service visit. I picked it up Thursday after a week at the dealer's.
Very pleasantly surprised overall. Here are the details.
1. Fitment issues with hood(bonnet)/passenger fender and hatch taken care of with no resistance on the dealer's part about it being beyond the one year adjustment period.
2. Infotainment update accomplished by replacing the IMC (infotainment Master Controller)...this after multiple attempts to update via SOTA(Software Over The Air). IMC replacement necessitated an update to the maps for which they didn't charge me, but now the voice guidance is that of a female with a horrible British accent and I can't find a way to change that so far. Anyone have a solution to this? I love British accents but this one not so much.
3. Oil was not overfilled this time.
4. Emission recall H223NAS2 performed to no noticeable effect. They insisted it must be done due to federal law even though I didn't care since SC has no emissions inspection.
5. Coolant topped up and system pressure tested.
6. There was no change in exhaust notes that I can discern.
7. Even though the service advisor assured me the software update would cure all evils, it didn't. The backup camera lines still only operate correctly some of the time and the passenger side mirror will still not adjust as per the owner's manual (like the one on my 2013 XF did). These are minor issues I can live with, but I may drop a line to Jaguar since I think they have a software problem or problems that could be easily remedied.
8. Time will tell if the IMC replacement was a permanent cure for the loss of navigation those six weeks or so it was kaput.

The following users liked this post:
FeralSVR (05-04-2020)