F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ZF8 HP70 solution for upcoming Velocityap build.

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2023, 06:16 AM
Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts
Default ZF8 HP70 solution for upcoming Velocityap build.

Hello everyone,

The reason for this post is to inform members that are planning to invest in the upcoming AJ133 VelocityAP engine/supercharger/e85 build of additional options. Stuart and his team are working on a bottom end solution (sleeved/semi closed block) for those wanting the most out of their build.

Most forum members are aware that our transmission will need to be addressed. After discussing my personal project goals with Pure drivetrain solutions, they have agreed and are willing to build my ZF 8HP70. See discussion below.

I will warn everyone that the stage two transmission with upgraded torque converter is not budget friendly being right under 15k however, the end product is a fully built transmission capable to withstand 1400hp and 1000-foot pounds of torque. Pure’s stage two transmission would provide a path to a 1000whp F-type.

Hi Philip,

We'd be more than happy to get a build going for your 8HP70, the stage 2 and torque converter upgrade would be a solid choice for your setup.

Where are you located? Would you be able to send in your transmission to us to rebuild?

Thanks for reaching out, looking forward to hearing from you.

- Eric @ PDS

Pure Drivetrain Solutions
27 Industrial Blvd, Medford NY 11763
www.puredrivetrainsolutions.com

The new standard in drivetrain components

On Tue, Feb 21, 2023 at 4:58 PM Squarespace <form-submission@squarespace.info> wrote:
Sent via form submission from Pure Drivetrain Solutions

Name: philip brousseau

Email: philip.brousseau@yahoo.com

Subject: F-type R performance ZF HP70

I recently viewed one of the videos that your team has placed on YouTube as well as reading through various forums where enthusiast have used your products. From my research Pure is the market leader in regard to building a performance ZF transmission.

If your team is willing, I would like to send my Jaguar F-type R ZF8 HP70 transmission or the car itself if needed for a stage two rebuild and torque converter upgrade. The goal of the engine project is to have around 1k whp.

Velocityap has just released a cp Carrillo piston and rod package for the AJ133 and is currently working with Darton/LA sleeve to increase block strength. The engine will be fitted with a TVS 2650 blower running on e85 however, as you are aware the jaguar F-type transmission is rated for 700 engine hp.

Please consider and thank you for your time.

Philip Brousseau

The following 2 users liked this post by pab74:
Panthro (12-14-2023), TheDrainPlug (02-25-2023)
Old 02-25-2023, 03:40 PM
Obi
Received 62 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by pab74
Hello everyone,

The reason for this post is to inform members that are planning to invest in the upcoming AJ133 VelocityAP engine/supercharger/e85 build of additional options. Stuart and his team are working on a bottom end solution (sleeved/semi closed block) for those wanting the most out of their build.

Most forum members are aware that our transmission will need to be addressed. After discussing my personal project goals with Pure drivetrain solutions, they have agreed and are willing to build my ZF 8HP70. See discussion below.

I will warn everyone that the stage two transmission with upgraded torque converter is not budget friendly being right under 15k however, the end product is a fully built transmission capable to withstand 1400hp and 1000-foot pounds of torque. Pure’s stage two transmission would provide a path to a 1000whp F-type.

Hi Philip,

We'd be more than happy to get a build going for your 8HP70, the stage 2 and torque converter upgrade would be a solid choice for your setup.

Where are you located? Would you be able to send in your transmission to us to rebuild?

Thanks for reaching out, looking forward to hearing from you.

- Eric @ PDS

Pure Drivetrain Solutions
27 Industrial Blvd, Medford NY 11763
www.puredrivetrainsolutions.com

The new standard in drivetrain components

On Tue, Feb 21, 2023 at 4:58 PM Squarespace <form-submission@squarespace.info> wrote:
Sent via form submission from Pure Drivetrain Solutions

Name: philip brousseau

Email: philip.brousseau@yahoo.com

Subject: F-type R performance ZF HP70

I recently viewed one of the videos that your team has placed on YouTube as well as reading through various forums where enthusiast have used your products. From my research Pure is the market leader in regard to building a performance ZF transmission.

If your team is willing, I would like to send my Jaguar F-type R ZF8 HP70 transmission or the car itself if needed for a stage two rebuild and torque converter upgrade. The goal of the engine project is to have around 1k whp.

Velocityap has just released a cp Carrillo piston and rod package for the AJ133 and is currently working with Darton/LA sleeve to increase block strength. The engine will be fitted with a TVS 2650 blower running on e85 however, as you are aware the jaguar F-type transmission is rated for 700 engine hp.

Please consider and thank you for your time.

Philip Brousseau
Good to see! Ive researched something similar. PDS is the top choice for upgrading the hp70 but an alternative option, would be an hp90 swap

The following users liked this post:
Panthro (12-14-2023)