Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center Need help with Jaguar Forums? Ask here! Have a suggestion to help improve Jaguar Forums? Tell us here....THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS

How to: Post pictures

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 01:58 AM
GGG
Received 16,799 Likes on 12,168 Posts

Originally Posted by JJAM
Is there a way to change the direction of pics after they are posted. A posted and for sale ad and didn't realize that all of the pictures were sideways unti ater I posted them.

Not on the forum. They have to be edited offline.

I use either Windows Paint or Photoshop to rotate and resize image.

I've rotated the images in your CLASSIFIEDS post (but haven't removed your originals) and reduced them to 1000 pixels wide. This doesn't affect image quality but they load a lot faster because of the reduced file size.

Graham

Last edited by GGG; 04-20-2018 at 05:51 PM.
Old 09-08-2019, 08:27 AM
Received 148 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Max video file size ???

Hi -

I did some searching and reading FAQs but could not find my answer. I tried attaching an iPhone .MOV to a post and saw that .MOV format was allowed. But when I clicked the upload button in upper right, the window dismissed but no file ever attached and no error message raised. In the FAQ somewhere, it said that on the attachment screen it would give a list of acceptable types and max sizes. But that screen only lists types with no max size info.

Anyway, the video I was trying to attach is 29M and maybe this is too big. I will try a much smaller one to test this thought, but if you have any specific limit info, please let me know.

Thanks - awesome forum !!

Randy

Old 09-08-2019, 12:52 PM
GGG
Received 16,799 Likes on 12,168 Posts

Randy,

Clips are allowed but 29mB is more of a documentary and exceeds forum filesize limits many times over. Try a link to online storage instead.

Graham

Old 09-08-2019, 03:46 PM
IB Staff
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Jaguar Forums uses an updated Attachment tool, from Jaguar Forum's parent company (Internet Brands), and the FAQ refers to the previous Attachment tool which is why the FAQ doesn't quite match your experience.

There are a few factors involved. File type as well as your connection to the server. If the file size is too large and/or your connection to the server is not fast enough, the upload may time out and cancel. I'll look up what the limitation is on the mov extension. Was you using the iPhone to upload and if so, the mobile app, mobile theme or full-view desktop theme?

Originally Posted by worzella
Hi -

I did some searching and reading FAQs but could not find my answer. I tried attaching an iPhone .MOV to a post and saw that .MOV format was allowed. But when I clicked the upload button in upper right, the window dismissed but no file ever attached and no error message raised. In the FAQ somewhere, it said that on the attachment screen it would give a list of acceptable types and max sizes. But that screen only lists types with no max size info.

Anyway, the video I was trying to attach is 29M and maybe this is too big. I will try a much smaller one to test this thought, but if you have any specific limit info, please let me know.

Thanks - awesome forum !!

Randy