Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center Need help with Jaguar Forums? Ask here! Have a suggestion to help improve Jaguar Forums? Tell us here....THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS

Private classified section

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 05:30 PM
Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Private classified section

It would be nice to have two subforums: 1 parts & 2 cars for sale. Plus, some ad restrictions like must have pictures, milage, location, price, etc. There are lots of car ads by low post users with hardly any information about the car. Supraforums has really good restrictions on there site to weed out junk posts for reference.

Old 06-14-2011, 04:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

We do try to weed out the one post wonders, and certainly any car posted for sale without full and correct details is not likely to be taken up by the members. (or will generate "assorted" comments).

You will also note that the majority of these posts receive zero replies.

If we see an obvious commercial seller we will remove the post ASAP and if we are not quick enough then members will let us know.

We also have a New Member restriction that helps prevent people from joining and immediately posting pictures of items for sale. (helps to prevent your pro backyard dealer from jumping in).

True, any member that joins the forum in order to just sell a car/part is generally frowned upon but then again this is not much different from a person joining the forum in order to find a solution to one problem and we never hear of them again.

We do have an active, inactivity member removals system, so any member that has been absent over a certain length of time will be removed although not banned from the forum.

As regards selling parts, generally a certain amount of trust has to be earned by the seller. Known members will receive more enquiries than unknown members.

One request I will make to anyone reading this and posting into the For Sale section, whilst most transactions will be conducted via email/PM after the initial posting, when something has been sold, please always remember to close your thread with a SOLD post.

You remind me that I should look at this section more often (spot of lazinesss on my part) although I do monitor the Vendor section, which is restricted to paying vendors.

And, there is a Cars for Sale section for dealers, accessed from the toolbar at the top.

Finally, we try not to impose too many restrictions, but rather allow the forum to flow with everyone working at self policing (the members are all very good at giving a shout when something is not as it should be).

Hope this helps a little, we are always open to suggestions.

Old 06-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

Hey ed, if we had more full car sales threads, you suggestion would be implemented pretty quickly, but since we don't, I often change titles to clearly indicate what the heck is for sale, and if its a parts car, I make sure that is present in the title.

Fact is, there isn't many 'parts' classifieds themselves listed to warrant a strict guideline, so we just try to make sure its a legit thread, offer a suggestion from time to time to assist the seller, then we let it go.

We do appreciate the comments, and perhaps, if the forum and this sub-section grows to a point that we need some rules, we'll know to go to the supra forum for a tried-n-true model. thanks!

Old 02-20-2012, 06:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 139 Likes on 95 Posts
Default remove for sale ads

How do i remove an ad that i have decided not to sell.
Looked threw the search but nothing came up
bernie

Old 02-20-2012, 07:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  19.3 KB

You can always go into your own USER CP and find your own posts......If its something you've done recently it will be at the top of the pile

Old 02-21-2012, 01:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 139 Likes on 95 Posts
Default Ad remove

Thanks Jim. No problem with the edit but cant find the deleat?? Bernie

Old 02-21-2012, 02:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

You can not delete a post.

Your simplest bet is to make a New Post entitled Closed or Sold into your thread.

That should stop the 1000s of people contacting you.

Alternatively, Report your thread and we will either Close it down or Remove it.

HTH.

Old 02-22-2012, 06:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  19.3 KB

Richard is correct, you do not have the ability to delete a post I'm afraid.

This function was removed some time ago to prevent certain issues from re occurring.
Anything you want deleted, you'll have to ask a mod / supermod ....we'll be glad to help.

Last edited by Translator; 02-23-2012 at 01:04 PM. Reason: SP
Old 06-05-2012, 08:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wanting to sell my 92 xjs convertible

could someone point me in the right direction on how I post and where I post my xjs convertible for sale

Old 06-05-2012, 09:11 AM
Received 6,243 Likes on 5,444 Posts

Just go here PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
and click on the post new thread button at the top left and you're off to the races.