MKI / MKII S type 240 340 & Daimler 1955 - 1967

1958 Mk1 3.4 Radiator Upgrade Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2022, 07:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,038 Posts

Originally Posted by Jose
In my opinion, Coventry Foundation should be awarded Premium Carte Blanche in this forum and they can advertise their goods as they wish. .
I refer you to the second post in the rules, where it says (in part): "The only place for ADVERTISEMENTS is in MARKETPLACE."
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/m...efore-posting/

The following users liked this post:
Cass3958 (09-09-2022)
Old 09-08-2022, 10:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,357 Likes on 1,053 Posts

Originally Posted by Jose
I am not looking to "run" this forum but to share and learn. If you have been promoted as Moderator of this forum, I was not aware. Otherwise it is up to the real Moderator of this forum to complain, not to the members.

In my opinion, Coventry Foundation should be awarded Premium Carte Blanche in this forum and they can advertise their goods as they wish. Coventry Foundation is part of the Jaguar Clubs of North America, a non-profit organization for the benefit of thousands of Jaguar owners, I don't see any problem.
I am Part of the Internet Brands family where I am both a Super Moderator & an Ambassador on MBWORLD ~ the jewel in their crown followed by the Audi forum. Suggest you liaise with the owners in CA & Toronto. I happen to know their thinking. Keep your nose out. Your opinion is of no consequence.

Last edited by Glyn M Ruck; 09-08-2022 at 11:03 PM.
Old 09-08-2022, 11:26 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Jagboi64
I refer you to the second post in the rules, where it says (in part): "The only place for ADVERTISEMENTS is in MARKETPLACE."
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/m...efore-posting/
I doubt that a certain person has ever read the TOU.

Old 09-09-2022, 04:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,029 Likes on 675 Posts

I don't want to get in between a good discussion but when it Transends in to an open argument then something has to be said.
Glyn you are correct but rather too direct.
Jose you are wrong and it is up to the members to bring things like this to the attention of the moderators.
It is up to the moderators to act as they see fit in accordance with the rules but not to take over the discussion and use their powers to edit or delete comments as you did in your role as moderator on the S Type forum. CF is a business and should not openly advertise their goods even though the sponsor the forum just as Jose should not advertise his S Type goods from his website which he does occasionally.
Members can make suggestions as to where to buy an item based on their recommendation having used the service but direct advertising is not allowed.
Having said that if anyone requires a wedding car in the south west of England please view my website at ............ Sorry.

Glyn M Ruck (09-09-2022)
Old 09-09-2022, 06:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,434 Likes on 1,832 Posts

Glyn, I am not keeping my nose out, you are acting like you OWN THIS FORUM and you don't. You are not a "Super Moderator" HERE.

In other words, you don't call the shots HERE. You always want to be the know-it-all and the last word in every posting. I don't care who comes out in your defense, your approach is vulgar and arrogant.

Old 09-09-2022, 06:47 AM
Veteran Member

Nonsense ~ that's why you fouled up at the Register & in future I shall contact one of my fellow moderators at Jaguar Forums to take the action. We chat anyway. I help people technically ~ It is my strength. We are now OT ~ Let's get back to Radiators.

Old 09-09-2022, 07:17 AM
Veteran Member

Glyn , I quit the S type register because you turned every posting into an argument. You wanted to manipulate the S type registry forum to your liking.
I didn't "foul" the forum, you did. Now you are doing the same thing in this forum acting like you own it.
What is your problem?

Go ahead and "take action" with this forum's Real Moderator. You are NOT Moderator HERE. Behave like a member.

Old 09-09-2022, 07:38 AM
Veteran Member

Can you read ~ I said "in future I shall contact one of my fellow moderators at Jaguar Forums to take the action." When you even upset a mild mannered member like Orlando on the Register you fouled up. (subject picture sizes). Your accusations are totally wrong. See Cass' comment.

We are now even further OT ~ back to radiators as you are fouling up this thread as you did with a whole lot of ugly steering wheels on mine.

I frequently take Robs counsel because South Africans like Aussies say it as it is.

Last edited by Glyn M Ruck; 09-09-2022 at 10:12 AM.
Old 09-09-2022, 08:33 AM
Veteran Member

is that a "Future Threat" Glyn? Why not TODAY?

You keep mentioning the S type register and avoiding the fact that you are not a moderator HERE. But you think you are ENTITLED to attack a member like Coventry Foundation and myself HERE because you are a "Super Moderator" in another forum? Not HERE you're NOT.

This is the second time you start an argument with Coventry Foundation. Because you think you KNOW IT ALL and you think you know MORE than they do.
​​​​​​
So in your and other's minds it is fine for you to be posting links to other sellers products indirectly promoting them, but whinning about the price, but if I or Coventry Foundation posts a link to a listing or a website where the part is available, then it is "not allowed" based on your double standard??

READ the title of this thread: "Suggestions for a Radiator". So ONLY YOU are entitled to suggest?
No mister, I don't answer to you, only to the MODERATOR HERE.
When YOU and others STOP placing links to parts for sale, I will stop placing links to parts that I sell and Coventry Foundation can stop their links too.
​​​​​​

Old 09-09-2022, 08:38 AM
Veteran Member

I have never placed an advertisement for anything here or on the Register ~ only a request for parts in the correct section. As I said can you read my future intention? You are the one that is being belligerent.

I intend following Cass' wise advice "Jose you are wrong and it is up to the members to bring things like this to the attention of the moderators." That is exactly what I intend doing in future.

No double standard. Post things where they belong in terms of the TOU.

~ OT.

Last edited by Glyn M Ruck; 09-09-2022 at 09:02 AM.
Old 09-09-2022, 09:20 AM
Received 332 Likes on 199 Posts

Gentlemen we were just providing some information. We however are not a business--we are a non profit foundation that attempts to help the community. One of the things we do is provide scholarships to the next generation. Our latest winner is pictured here. If you look at anything we offer in either of our stores you will see OBO. Often the sale price is much less than the listing. We do support the efforts of the Jaguar Club of North America but are not part of it. It is a 501c6 (social club) where as we are a 501c3. No one in the Coventry Foundation or the British Sports Car Hall of Fame (under the Foundation) receives any money at all. In fact money flows from us no to us! That said we will not advise in the future of anything we have--period. We will just continue to provide rare and non obtainable parts to the world.

Old 09-09-2022, 10:07 AM
Veteran Member

Thank you for the explanation. I have made clear what my future behaviour will be. Good luck with your future endeavours. Now back on topic.

Old 09-09-2022, 10:20 AM
Received 332 Likes on 199 Posts

We would be remiss if we did not thank Jaguar Forums. Although it took a bit of time they (Internet Brands) understand what our mission is and granted us vendor status at no cost...Perhaps that "vendor" status confuses some. Anyway thank you Jaguar Forums and Internet Brands.

Glyn M Ruck (09-09-2022)
Old 09-09-2022, 10:42 AM
Veteran Member

Coventry Foundation, can you now place any listing you desire without interference or criticism from any member here who is not a Moderator? Congratulations and I also thank this forum for clearing up the smoke.

Glyn, now you know about Coventry Foundation. Don't Interfere. Don't like me posting links to my Jaguar website? Stop posting links to SNG Barratt's website complete with a screenshot of the part, or any other website. And don't tell ME to "keep my nose out". I was a member here before you. I don't answer to you. Practice what you preach.

Old 09-09-2022, 11:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,029 Likes on 675 Posts

Once again I love a good argument but Jose there is no need to shout (Capital letters) to get your point over. I will not go into the reason you left the S Type forum suffice to say that deleting posts as a moderator because they were critical of you was beyond your role. I will not get between you and Glyn but please trade email addresses or continue the argument in the PM forum not in someone else's post.
Lastly when someone asks for advice on where to buy something I don't think putting a link for another company that you have used or putting forward a diagram or a screen print of a page is self advertising. So the word here is self advertising. If someone else had said that Coventry Foundation held the part they were looking for that would be different but again I have no beef with anyone advertising that they have a hard to find part in their possession that they are willing to sell when the general forum has been asked to locate one.
The advertising that is not allowed is when someone puts forward a list of items they have for sale prior to anyone requesting the location of an item. I have loads of secondhand S type parts and if someone came up on the forum and specifically stated they were looking for one of the parts I had in my boxes of many parts I would send them a PM stating I had that part. That is not advertising. Putting a link to your website where the part can be found along with many other parts is advertising.
As Glyn has stated lets move on now, stop being children and enjoy the banter and advice that all can give.

Last edited by Cass3958; 09-09-2022 at 05:01 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Cass3958:
Glyn M Ruck (09-09-2022), Jagboi64 (09-09-2022)
Old 09-09-2022, 01:49 PM
GGG
Received 16,818 Likes on 12,177 Posts

There's only one thing needs COOLING in this thread and it's nothing to do with engines.

I won't single any individual out because this has become unacceptable in a number of posts but if any members here, regardless of status on this or any other forum, continues to be offensive to Sponsors, Vendors or other Members, I will not hesitate to take appropriate action.

Get back to the topic, discuss it in a more considered terms or leave it alone.

Graham

The following 3 users liked this post by GGG:
Bill Mac (09-09-2022), Glyn M Ruck (09-09-2022), sklimii (09-09-2022)
Old 09-09-2022, 02:38 PM
Veteran Member

Clearly understood Graham & will be adhered to. There is tragically a history with a certain person that previously was a moderator of the S Type Register & is no longer for good reason.

Are you happy that we post things that assist another member from the parts manual, service manual & other sites that illustrate the item that is being discussed. As they say "A picture paints/is worth a thousand words."

I personally post a lot of pictures from my huge library in this vein & to help others.

Last edited by Glyn M Ruck; 09-09-2022 at 02:49 PM.
Cass3958 (09-09-2022)
Old 09-09-2022, 05:22 PM
GGG
Received 16,818 Likes on 12,177 Posts

Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck
..... Are you happy that we post things that assist another member from the parts manual, service manual & other sites that illustrate the item that is being discussed. .....
I'm happy with RELEVANT post content (pictures, illustrations and text) that advance knowledge and understanding of an issue. I also appreciate OPINIONS can and will differ. Where I draw the line is UNACCEPTABLE replies which are deliberately offensive, vendor bashing or promoting products/services by anyone who is not a forum Sponsor or Vendor.

Graham

The following 2 users liked this post by GGG:
Bill Mac (09-09-2022), Glyn M Ruck (09-09-2022)
Old 09-09-2022, 05:30 PM
Veteran Member

We are on the same wavelength. That is exactly my attitude at MBWorld.