New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

An apology

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2022, 05:10 PM
Received 70 Likes on 43 Posts
Default An apology

I just wish to apologise to everyone here.

I have made some comments about how much I do not like the styling of the current Jaguar range, how they have lost their way styling wise, how Sir Lyons would turn in his grave etc etc. I am sorry for being an old fart and backward looking.

I think Jags always age well, so we will see

Its just an opinion.

Old 04-26-2022, 02:48 AM
GGG
Received 16,822 Likes on 12,177 Posts

Steve,

As you posted an Intro some time ago ( https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/n...uction-253239/ ), I do wonder why you posted this here rather than in the thread where you disparaged the F-Type ( https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/n...h-love-255825/ ) but an apology to Sir William for getting his name wrong is in order. (Mr Bill Lyons was knighted in 1956 and therefore became Sir William Lyons.)

As for Jaguar recent styling, I think my XK looks superb from any angle and is instantly recognisable as a Jaguar but my F-PACE is a bland box that looks like every other SUV on the road.

Graham

Last edited by GGG; 04-26-2022 at 02:51 AM.
Old 04-26-2022, 04:00 AM
Received 70 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by GGG
Steve,

As you posted an Intro some time ago ( https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/n...uction-253239/ ), I do wonder why you posted this here rather than in the thread where you disparaged the F-Type ( https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/n...h-love-255825/ ) but an apology to Sir William for getting his name wrong is in order. (Mr Bill Lyons was knighted in 1956 and therefore became Sir William Lyons.)

As for Jaguar recent styling, I think my XK looks superb from any angle and is instantly recognisable as a Jaguar but my F-PACE is a bland box that looks like every other SUV on the road.

Graham
Hi Graham
Of course I know that Knight is first name and a Lord is surname.
It was my pathetic attempt at Top Gear type getting it wrong for comic effect. I promise not to give up the day job😅😅

Cheers

Steve

The following users liked this post:
GGG (04-26-2022)
Old 04-26-2022, 08:09 PM
Received 6,317 Likes on 4,367 Posts

Welcome to the forums.

Old 04-26-2022, 10:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,063 Likes on 677 Posts

Originally Posted by GGG
To me they are still doing great on the sports and GT cars, but I feel the same about my XF and the direction they went on sedans. Didn't stop me from buying one tho. I still like driving it, just not so much looking at it anymore.

Speaking of needing to make apologies tho, my brother just bought a 2022 Camry for a new daily driver. OMG, the fake black plastic vents and astronomically proportioned alien face grill! I just had to be honest up front and told him it looked hideous. I figured he'd overhear me telling somebody else eventually so I might as well get it out in the open. I hope he forgives me.

The following users liked this post:
Daf11e (04-30-2022)
Old 04-30-2022, 03:22 AM
Received 3,856 Likes on 2,801 Posts

Phil, OMG….not a Camry……anything but a Camry

Old 04-30-2022, 09:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,006 Likes on 5,315 Posts

"A Toyota Camry. The last car I buy before I die."
HA! Not Me!!
Life is entirely too short to drive ugly or boring cars!
(';')

Old 04-30-2022, 10:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,063 Likes on 677 Posts

I am a bit jealous of his gas mileage tho. I don't have any vehicle that gets much better than 20mpg and only my truck uses the 87 octane. Everything else complains if I don't feed it the 93 and around here, that's a dollar more a gallon. Sadly, I lost my parking garage during the daytime at work when we moved offices in January and I was planning to trade the XF on a newer car, but a "beater" that I could not only park outside during the day without feeling bad about it but also at night. That would free up a garage bay for another classic car (and cut down on my frequent car washing obsession). But with the used car market the way it is, even a decent "beater" would cost more than I paid for the XF so I'm probably going to let the XF bake for a summer and see if prices go down to normal next year. I may wind up with an Accord or something myself.