New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

First Time Jag Owner saying Hi

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 02:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: First Time Jag Owner saying Hi

Hi twojags...no need to apologize I to am not able to spend much time in the forum either...just a few stolen minutes now and then guess that's what we get for being female...too much to do and so little time to get it done.

Whoa, sounds like that 59 is a collector's item! Hertfordshire sounds lovely! I'm in a small country town just north of Memphis TN, kinda nice as I really don't care to live in a large city.

Old 09-01-2008, 07:41 AM
Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts

I do so agree with you Treasures. Its a quick visit and then off again. See Dennis how lucky you are being a man, you have much more time for your cars!

Yes Im not a townie either.

That is a nice jaguar you have there and I like the leaper on the bonnet (hood as you call it). We are not allowed to have them in this country unlesss they are spring loaded or come off easily in the case of an accident. Well I think people should stay away from the front of the cars anyway.

Old 09-01-2008, 04:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  T15ESSJAG5.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  6.3 KBName:  X6JYMSAAB5.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  6.1 KBName:  AudiX6JYM-2.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  6.4 KBName:  T15ESSST101-1.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  9.9 KB

ORIGINAL: Treasures

It's an 05 with only 15,000 miles...must have been driven by another old woman (LOL). Bought it from Texas Cars Direct and was well worth the trip to Dallas to pick up. And, yes it does have some power...still getting use to that as my S80 T6 turbocharge had great pickup it was nothing like the Jag. Right now just trying to avoid getting a ticket or leaving too much rubber on the road!
Treasures, firstly let me welcome you to the forum and say its great to have another female member onboard.
Some of your comments made me laugh..............a 60 year old woman who's trying to avoid getting a ticket and may be leaving too much rubber on the road.......you I have to meet

All the best

Jim

Old 09-02-2008, 10:30 AM

Wow,I did not know that UK did not allow hood ornaments! Now that is what I call a realbummer [:'(]! The leaper is just one of thethings I love about this car! Drove it to Nashville yesterday and boy what a ride. Everywhere I take it I see heads turning ...where I live, you just don't see very many Jags. Sometimes,whenI've been shoppping I come outto leave and find handprints on my windows and doors....hummmmm me thinks people are taking a peek!

I would also love to have one of the sports models to. I've never really been "into" cars until now. Oh my god....maybe I'm going through male menopause []!!! Butwith 2 cars (still have my 99 Volvo) and a pickup truck don't want to be too redneck not to mention having people mistaking our yard for a used car lot!

Old 09-02-2008, 10:39 AM

Hi Jim! Thanks for the welcome message. And yes, I think I'm having more fun than a 60 year old womanshould have with a car! I just hope I canstay out of trouble.

Think my best friend and neighbor who just got a new Accura back in the spring is green with envy...I know she isn't having as much fun with that Accura as I am with my Jag .

Old 09-02-2008, 12:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  T15ESSJAG5.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  6.3 KBName:  X6JYMSAAB5.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  6.1 KBName:  AudiX6JYM-2.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  6.4 KBName:  T15ESSST101-1.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  9.9 KB

Good for you treasures.....maybe you should take her for a ride and show her what she's really missing?

Hope you enjoy the Jag for years to come and stick with us for a while.........Your attitude and sense of humour is great.....love it

Jim

Old 09-03-2008, 10:26 AM

Thanks Jim.

Well met my friend this am at local "greasy spoon" (that's "redneck" talk for local small town resturant) coffee shop for breakfast..and wouldn't ya know it, I had a guy come up and say "hey, I really like that Jag you have"...just doesn't get any better than that . Funny, I never once had someone say "hey, nice Volvo" ! Has to be some hidden meaning in that somewhere

Old 09-04-2008, 07:59 AM
Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts

Good for you Treasures, you will find the Jaguar will open up all sorts of things for you. Since we have had our Jaguars (since 13 years ago), we have been so busy with Jaguar friends and events we dont know where the time goes. Its great at car show events to see people taking an interest and looking at your car and asking questions about it. Make you feel so proud.

Hope you enjoy yours as much.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:29 AM

Hi twojags....yep it does make one beam! I stopped the other day to get a license plate holder for the front and the salesman at the auto parts store followed me out to take a look at her ! God I love this!

Love theBritish Racing Green color....its oh soooo British! Guess what, I just found out not too long ago that one of my relatives came over from Britian to the colonies in the 1700's........on a convict ship []..........hum perhaps that explains the bad attitude of some of my relatives