New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

First Time Jag Owner saying Hi

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 01:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Time Jag Owner saying Hi

Just got my first Jag....and all I can say is Wow!! And I thought I loved my Volvo!After 9 years and 133,000 miles on my old S-80 it was time to move on. I always loved the lookof Jags since I saw my first XKEwhile in college in thelate 60's. Took me a while but I finallygot one....anS type v-8 with VDP in British Racing Green and I'm in love! This car is the best of both worlds for me.... luxury plus the feel of asports car (just what this60 year old woman needed!)

Old 08-20-2008, 02:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Default RE: First Time Jag Owner saying Hi

Welcome aboard!

Old 08-20-2008, 02:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

Welcome to the forums

Old 08-20-2008, 03:28 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

Glad to have you signed up! sounds like a great looking car. What year did you end up with? Those v-8s are nice, arent they...almost effortless to get up to speed.

Old 08-20-2008, 04:10 PM

It's an 05 with only 15,000 miles...must have been driven by another old woman (LOL). Bought it from Texas Cars Direct and was well worth the trip to Dallas to pick up. And, yes it does have some power...still getting use to that as my S80 T6 turbocharge had great pickup it was nothing like the Jag. Right now just trying to avoid getting a ticket or leaving too much rubber on the road!

Old 08-20-2008, 10:43 PM
ud
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Welcome

Old 08-21-2008, 07:36 AM
Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts

ORIGINAL: Treasures

It's an 05 with only 15,000 miles...must have been driven by another old woman (LOL). Bought it from Texas Cars Direct and was well worth the trip to Dallas to pick up. And, yes it does have some power...still getting use to that as my S80 T6 turbocharge had great pickup it was nothing like the Jag. Right now just trying to avoid getting a ticket or leaving too much rubber on the road!
Thats the trouble with Jags, you can easily lose your licence!

Old 08-21-2008, 08:14 AM

Welcome, I´m sure you will enjoy your Jaguar!

Old 08-21-2008, 10:23 AM

Thanks for all the nice welcome messages everyone! Right now the worst part of owning this Jag is that I keep trying to find excuses to drive into town....at a time when gas prices are at an all time high! Oh well its only money (lol)

Old 08-21-2008, 12:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi, welcome to the group! That is so true... when I got my 1st Jaguar my guy would find an excuse to take her out. I laughed one time because he came home after runnning out to the store and his hair was all wind blown and I said you had the moon roof open and the windows down didn't you?! He just smiled.... too funny.[sm=gears.gif]

Old 08-21-2008, 01:05 PM

Oh yesssss.....been there done that already!

Old 08-21-2008, 02:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lol.... They are fun to drive! And you will get a lot of compliments on it too.. I can't tell you how many times I have had people tell me how much they liked my S-Type. ButI did have an old guy tell me he didn't know what was so great about it. He was very rude now that I think about it! lol

Old 08-22-2008, 02:23 PM

Yes they are great fun to drive. And, yeah I've already noticed a few head turns and second looks! As to the guy that was so rude....well some people just don't have any taste, except perhaps in their mouths. Gotta hand it to the Brits....they do know how to design a classic looking auto; kinda like the Channel suit of the auto industry.

Old 08-23-2008, 05:29 AM

Yes they are great fun to drive. And, yeah I've already noticed a few head turns and second looks! As to the guy that was so rude....well some people just don't have any taste, except perhaps in their mouths. Gotta hand it to the Brits....they do know how to design a classic looking auto; kinda like the Channel suit of the auto industry.
Thanks for that, its about the only thing we can do in this country.

Old 08-24-2008, 10:24 AM

Oh your are most welcome! In my humble opinion,US automakers have a monkey see monkey do mind set, as allUS auto makes are near identical. When they run out of style ideas they buy European makes like the Volvo and Jag! But then they screw them up ...for example take the new 2009 Jag XF that replaced the S-type....now it looks like all the othercars on the road and they not only screwed up the exterior butthe interior as well....what the heck happened to theLeaping Cat hood ornament & all that wonderful wood which now seems skimpy???? Now that Ford has sold Jag to a company in India, hopefully theywill do better. It's no wonder all of the US automakers are in financial trouble, the only difference from one US make & another is the price, they can not even come up with different colors!

I must admitthatautos are not the only thing British I like...am also into British sitcoms and movies as well, can't get enough of them. The writers/producers in Hollywood are much like our auto designers, they keep coming up with the same old boring over done and overratedideas. There just isn't any meat to them. Thank god for Netflix!

Okay, I've vented.....feel much better now.

Old 08-26-2008, 03:33 AM

Apparently they made the XF like it is because they wanted to keep up with the likes of the Merc, BMW and the Audi. Its a competative market and they wanted to keep up with the times to sell more cars. Unfortunately this has changed the lovely interiors Jaguar have which they are well known for.

Im just glad that they still make the XJ's which are really fantastic and are beautifully styled still. Lets hope they still make these for years to come.

Old 08-26-2008, 09:41 AM

You are right, they do seem to betrying to keep up with the other makes...too bad. I always hate to see anyone try and improve on something that doesn't really need improvement...must be the antique dealer in me coming out. Thank goodness they leftthe bascially untouched XJ's. I was hard pressed to chose between the S and the XJ, we looked at an 06 XJ w/VDP and we were both very impressed. For me,that small round clock at the top of the console was the icing on the cake! Alas,getting a good deal on the S type ultimately made the choice for us.

Wow, I just took a real good look at your 1959 Mk9!Talk about a class ride, did you get that from the Queen's fleet ? I can just see it parked in front of one of those great old 16-18th century stately homes one sees inBritish films.

I take it you are in England, what part?

Old 08-26-2008, 04:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 200 Posts

Enjoy the style of the XJ's while you can. They are changing soon also.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:14 AM

Well guess this means that all of us who loveclassic looks better stock up on 2008 and earlier Jags! []

Old 08-29-2008, 03:05 PM

Wow, I just took a real good look at your 1959 Mk9!Talk about a class ride, did you get that from the Queen's fleet ? I can just see it parked in front of one of those great old 16-18th century stately homes one sees inBritish films.

I take it you are in England, what part?
Hi there Treasures, sorry for delay in replying, dont pop in here as much as I'd like to.

She is a beauty isnt she. Apparently there are only 177 of them registered in the UK so they are getting rather rare.I wish we did have a stately home to park it in front off, although some friends of ours do haveone near St Albans.

We live in Hertfordshire, just north of London.

Quick Reply: First Time Jag Owner saying Hi